LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Asshole Room Mates

Guest baby smokey

So it's time for me to look for a new place to live....AGAIN, earlier tonight, at about 9:30 my room mate knocks on my door asking if I'm going to be on MY computer all night, as if it's any of his business, apparently, he doesn't like the fact that I'm awake past 10:00 pm. I told him it's really none of his business, so now he's threatening to have his 2 time convicted felon "computer whiz" son come over, and hack into my computer to see what I'm looking at, as if anything on my PC is his business, from there an argument ensued. I'm not to worried about what anyone would see, it's the fact that he's threatening me with this. I told him the penalties involved, (10 years in federal lock up), and he started calling me a snitch, as if I should just show them whats on my computer.

So now I'm looking for a new place again, and may be offline temporarily later in the month. My question is this, if he does try and hack my PC, how do I prove it, and get them convicted? This guy deserves anything that happens with what he puts me through in this house, he tries to control everything,from what I eat, my bed time, and other habits. Not to mention he always keeps sticking his nose where it doesn't belong. He's not my dad, and not my drill instructor, and I just want for him to be put where he belongs

Any help is appreciated

easiest solution? buy an external hard drive enclosure, and take your hard drive with you everywhere you go.

cant hack whats not there ;D

That would work, but like I said, I'm not worried what someone would see, it's the fact that they are trying to hack into it. I just want proof that they tried.

Guest Baby-Toa

That would work, but like I said, I'm not worried what someone would see, it's the fact that they are trying to hack into it. I just want proof that they tried.

proof is the hardest to get. anything camera related would work the easiest.

on a side note, i know how you feel with the roommate thing. My roommate owes me about $2000 that i'll never see from that arsehole.

IF your talking about a home PC where they would always have access to it, I would put both a Hard drive password and a Bios password on it, both done though your BIOS settings. The Hard Drive password is on a low level within the Firmware of the drive. It cannot be found with any available software, and can't be hacked. (So I found out this weekend).

If however they are going to try to hack into it while you are on the system which isn't near as hard, there are a few software programs to help. I use a wireless network in my house so I have all the computers connected thru a software program called NetWork Magic Pro by a company called Cisco. It gives me reports and a onboard GUI that shows who's connected to the network or your computer and one click and they are history.

As for the surveillance, that could get expensive. I'm more of the booby trap kinda guy. One to let you know someone was in your room, and if your inventive you can come up with a variety of ways to booby trap the computer to find out if someone has touched it. Marking the keyboard location and making it inaccessible unless moved. If you have a quick access side hatch, I would go in and disconnect the power button, where you could easily reconnect it. I'm sure that will leave them stumped for a bit as to why it doesn't turn on. The case could be booby trapped as well to find out if someone has gained entry.

I would keep it on the legit side for now, the local authority's vary on these types of issues and how far they will pursue any issue. Simply wiping down your computer case for him to leave prints might work. Just be sure not to give out any secrets and randomly change the preventative measures.

You sure do seem to have a bit of bad luck with living quarters lately, I sure hope you can get things worked out. :thumbsup:

....You sure do seem to have a bit of bad luck with living quarters lately, I sure hope you can get things worked out. :thumbsup:

What he said. You seem to need to be using a higher level of screening for your roomies- the bar for trustworthiness is set too low :o I'd rather live in a tent knowing I wasn't secure than live with a roomie who I wasn't absolutely positive I could trust with everything: my possessions, my not-always-legal past, even my very own life. That kind of trust is rare in people but it's what you need for any roomie B) If it's someone who you would feel more comfortable with by having a lock on your bedroom door then pass them up and keep looking. And remember that you're not going to get what you don't give so you must be the same way :) Until then it may be financially hard but at least you know what you're dealing with :biker_h4h:

No manner of lock or password can protect you as well as having the person in question being so honorable in their soul that such things aren't needed at all :thumbsup:

Bettypooh

Thanks for the support, I will definitely use your advice for this. As far as my new place, I think I'm going to try for a mother in law house, or studio, just something so I don't really have to deal with room mates.

Take your keyboard with you, they can't get in with out that :P

Also what Repaid said, P/w everything, and add cameras as well. that can't hurt.

Also, you are 29, and adult. They have no business with what you are doing and what time you go to bed etc. If they ask, justtell them you are playing on-line with other players around the world. who cares what you are doing or with whom, as long as you as a tenant are

1) Paying your rent on time

2) Taking good care of the property

3) Not bothering anyone else, or doing anything illegal that would affect others on the property or owners.

As a landlord, these are the parameters I and others generally follow, and it works. If he is causing you undo hardship and you have held up your end (see above) then you might be able to sue him for harassment in small claims, and get some of your rent back and kick him in the ass as well. He sounds like a control freak getting off on the "power' of being a landlord etc.

Good luck in your search and hopefully you find a place that you like and can be happy :)

Also, you are 29, and adult. They have no business with what you are doing and what time you go to bed etc. If they ask, justtell them you are playing on-line with other players around the world. who cares what you are doing or with whom, as long as you as a tenant are

What pisses him off is that I am talking to people around the world, he's 60 years old, and thinks computers are "worthless" and that everyone I talk to is a loser, and that they are not friends because I never met them in person. He needs to get with the times, and move into a nursing home or something. You guys are right about the power trip thing, and he doesn't even own the house, he rents it, and sublets it out. My other room mate is sick of this too, and she wants to move too.

I went and looked at a trailer for rent today, but it doesn't sound very promising. I am just going to keep looking for a better place.

What pisses him off is that I am talking to people around the world, he's 60 years old, and thinks computers are "worthless" and that everyone I talk to is a loser, and that they are not friends because I never met them in person. He needs to get with the times, and move into a nursing home or something. You guys are right about the power trip thing, and he doesn't even own the house, he rents it, and sublets it out. My other room mate is sick of this too, and she wants to move too.

I went and looked at a trailer for rent today, but it doesn't sound very promising. I am just going to keep looking for a better place.

AH! ok I think I get a better idea of whats happening and why. This may sound stupid, but it might be possible that he is lonely and looking for some kind of contact? He doesn't understand technology and never got involved with it, so he's isolated. My 79 year old Uncle has a computer that he uses and finds to be a wonderful tool. He doesn't go on line or chat or do any gaming etc, but as a tool for work he does its wonderful. He also has a full busy life full of volunteering his time to various causes he believes in, but never mind.

I may be rambling, but it might be the problem, he may not have many social skills or friends.....and this is his way of trying to make some kind of contact.....who knows. maybe sit down with him, and have a drink and a chat and see if that helps *shrug*

It beats having to move again, or it could open up a whole new can of worms :o

qwack

My other room mate told her son about this, who's girl friend is close friends with asshole's son's girlfriend, who told her bf, who in turn had a little talk with the guy, now he's trying to be all nice and stuff, but I am still looking for a new place before he finds something else to bitch about. It's almost 11 AM and this guy is still in bed, sounds kinda odd for a guy that likes to go to bed and have everything quiet by 9:30 PM.

I've got you all beat for worst room mate...

1. She pays all the bills! That selfish bitch!

2. She walks around in skimpy sexy clothes all the time! The whore!

3. Has the audacity to force me to sleep in the same bed as her. Clinger!

4. Demands sex from me! How demeaning!

5. Buys me toys, games, and RC trucks!

6...... Wait... This is a pretty sweet deal.

Dude, sort your living situation out. I'm very wary of living with people I don't know or trust. If I could stay in a tent with them for a week without fighting, then no way am I moving into a house with them....

One of the best roomies I had worked nights while I worked days. I had to be quiet in the mornings as I got ready for work but I prefer peace and quiet then anyway :P He had to be quiet coming home after work but he felt the same way then :) Through the week we'd communicate through notes and we saw each other only on the weekends mid-day through evening B) Now if only he had been better about paying the bills....

Anyway it's something to think about that might work for you too ;) One more thought- if you do have a roomie it's more likely to work for you if you have the final word on house matters- meaning you hold the lease solo. That increases the monetary risk but it seems that when someone else is involved everything's a trade-off :rolleyes: Best solution is on your own.

Bettypooh

I think room mates should be for while you are going to school. Though I do have some friends with a 5 bedroom house, which I think can be better than just one or two room mates. Unless the whole group is not working for you, most likely you wouldn't have problems like this as if you did you have 3 people to back you up and probably throw them out if they didn't stop.

And of course like others have said really do some digging and you probably can find a reasonably priced studio apartment. I am in school though right now and stuck at home, but once I do get a career after school I'm so finding my own studio or single bedroom apartment.

I got a 5 Bedroom house and had roommates for 10 years, now I got another roommate, I call her Mommy! :thumbsup: The two kids, I call Baggage, have two rooms, and the down stairs is converted to two apartments for those that need them. Those are the pain. $300 a month, Furnished, all utilities, TV, Highspeed internet. and all I get is jammed from losers that can't pay $75 a week. I wish the hell I could live on my own for that price! Anybody (Other than Alex04 :huh:) Wanna move to Central Ohio?

I got a 5 Bedroom house and had roommates for 10 years, now I got another roommate, I call her Mommy! :thumbsup: The two kids, I call Baggage, have two rooms, and the down stairs is converted to two apartments for those that need them. Those are the pain. $300 a month, Furnished, all utilities, TV, Highspeed internet. and all I get is jammed from losers that can't pay $75 a week. I wish the hell I could live on my own for that price! Anybody (Other than Alex04 :huh:) Wanna move to Central Ohio?

Does that $300 include Mommy, too?