LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

It & Software Programmers

Fulldiaper

Programming Languages  

12 members have voted

1. 1. What language(s) do you code in?

2. 2. Do you every freelance?

3. 3. Would you consider forming a coding association?

I've been a technician and programmer for many years and wondered if any of you other coders, engineers or techs would consider joining an AB/DL friendly organization for us? Also, would you accept jobs as a freelance coder to benefit the organization and promote us to businesses as savvy programmers, not as AB/DL's?

If you're interested in work, let me know. I have projects come my way all the time and I need qualified programmers. I like to keep everything in the US and UK instead of outsourcing...usually costs me twice or more in fixing outsources projects for clients.

Added 9/14/2010

Visual Studio is a suite of RAD programs for development, VB, VC#, VC++ etc. So yes Visual Studio is a development platform!

Michael

For work I do C# and Java based development with some Python, Ruby and Perl thrown in for scripting. Doing a lot of middleware, rest / soap services, with some UX engineering and DBA responsibilities. I have used many other languages and platform over the years, notably some assembler, c/C++ and also worked on some sandboxed platforms such as power builder and peoplesoft. I'm currently working on a large personal project with a small team (were doing a game) so my ability to participate might be limited - but I'll be happy to listen or advise as needed.

It looks like you have more delphi stuff in mind since you left off many of the more modern platforms - I persoanlly never did much with Delphi but the people who used it seemed to love it.

Visual studio is now a language???

And your language options are just crazy, how can you leave out some of the most popular/ most used.

Todd seems on the ball though. I started doing game stuff a few months ago, nothing exciting just point sprites and tile based stuff because my young niece wants to learn. So a quick tour around VB for quick results and a few examples then into C++

So not to threadjack, but this is kinda on topic, what is the most obscure thing you have programmed in?

I think for me it might be E and maybe AREXX. I've looked at some LISP but never did anything serious. Your turn - whats the oddities out there you have worked with?

I've done coding in classic BASIC (the version where line numbers were needed), Quick Basic, and Pascal, but now I can code with:

C/C++

Java/JavaScript

VB/VBScript

Also learning to work with bash scripting (as mentioned above). I LOVE running Linux instead of Windoze...

Well, I'm still in school for programming, but I'm pretty comfortable with Visual C++. Been meaning to get around to a friend's Win32 tutorial to make basic windows applications...

I'll probably end up programming games in DirectX when I learn how.

I'd prefer freelancing over working for someone else.

As for coding association...yeah, wouldn't mind making one of those.

So not to threadjack, but this is kinda on topic, what is the most obscure thing you have programmed in?

I think for me it might be E and maybe AREXX. I've looked at some LISP but never did anything serious. Your turn - whats the oddities out there you have worked with?

Not really obscure but assembly using MASM way back in the early 90's.

It was painful, although not the most painful i've ever done. That prize goes to assembly on the commodore 64. Load editor from tape (10 -15 minutes i seem to remember) change a command, run program, program crashes, reload editor and repeat. Endlessly.

Couple of months of that and i skipped a few night out and bought an assembler on a cartridge.

Not really obscure but assembly using MASM way back in the early 90's.

It was painful, although not the most painful i've ever done. That prize goes to assembly on the commodore 64. Load editor from tape (10 -15 minutes i seem to remember) change a command, run program, program crashes, reload editor and repeat. Endlessly.

Couple of months of that and i skipped a few night out and bought an assembler on a cartridge.

So true - I still remember common registers and memory locations (c00000, 53280/1 etc) on the 64. *sigh* My 1541 had no shell on it, so I could adjust the heads by hand. :)

Odd choice of languages in the poll, so guess I'm "none of the above".

I've never been paid to do programming as full-time job but can usually bang something out when needed. I've worked with Javascript, VBS/VBA, PHP, Python, and a little Perl. Also worked with some mobile-only languages: Mortscript and PLUA (that's pretty obscure). If we're getting historical, I once briefly tried Basic programming on the Intellivision computer, and recall that

10 PRINT "HELLO"

20 GOTO 10

failed. :(

Also did the Commodore 64 thing (Basic and assembly). ARexx as well. To some degree, I still do, hmmmm..... ;)

While I have some time on my hands over the next couple months (recently got laid off), I do want to finally nail down shell scripting. Was never really interested in Windows programming. Too much Windows software out there already, hehe.

Guest Katharsys

Can't vote since I can't choose one of the languages.

I currently work for a small programming firm coding primarily coding in Java with JSP front ends. While we joke about forming a Union, we won't.

Guest Mummy Jeni's baby

I mainly code in C these days for embedded applications. But I also code in C++/#/java for desktop applicatons and perl/bash/php for web stuff :-)

• 1 year later...

Language: Visual Studio? uh..

I assume he meant Visual Basic. .. .Net VB?

I've been doing most of my work in VB, I just got done with school (Computer Science Major) and I'm pretty excited to see where I can go from here.

I learned VB, C, Java, and SQL server.

But I'm not a big fan of Java..

I'm looking into taking on C#