LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

False Advertising?

Diaper666

Okay This Has REALLY PISSED ME OFF for like forever since i started odering samples WHY DO manufactures say free samples and then turn around and CHARGE YOU FOR SHIPPING AND HANDLEING this to me is considerd false advertising and should be made a law against it ......................... I mean i understand they have to pay the shipping of the samples but why make us pay for something that they are saying its free i mean come on people ... If Depends,Attends,Tena Can do it so can they just make it like Tena and only allow one or two samples per person per order and have some kinda block like ive seen with Pampers Underjams when you try and order samples more than once they just wont let you ........... i mean come the hell on people how hard is it lol...................

• Like 1

Dude, chill out. Nothing in life is free. The fact that they are offering a free diaper while charging shipping means that you still receive something at a discounted cost.

I've always thought that the sign of a confident diaper manufacturer was a genuinely free sample (case in point, Active Ultra) because if the manufacturer is confident that their product will impress and convert the customer, then they'll be willing to eat the small loss that is the postal costs in return for the profit on the caseload(s) they're banking on later.

But the fact is that lots of people probably abuse free samples horribly, trying to get way more than their fair share from the company. I can entirely understand why most companies don't offer 'really free' samples.

You need to calm down though, a few bucks to cover shipping isn't that big a deal. Diapers are light but they're also bulky which means increased shipping costs... Anyway, it's not false advertising because you can bet your bottom dollar that the websites say "Free* sample" with "*Just pay S&H" in the small print at the bottom of the page.

• Like 1

It's not false advertising, and oddly not to prevent abuse of it. Major companies get discounts on shipping and handling, through the power of bulk rates, but smaller ones cannot get such a luxury and have to eat the cost of all their shipping for every single item. What you should complain about is the cost that shipping companies charge, even the USPS charges a lot. Most do add shipping to their prices, you just don't see it because if they can get a bulk rate they spread the cost around, one of the main reasons for price variations of the same brand from different sales companies. It's a necessary evil when ordering through the net, unavoidable really. Either you wind up paying in the long run, or the short run. You will notice that companies which add shipping after the total tend to also be cheaper before shipping is added. ;)

shipping costs them money and it isn't false advertising when the terms are listed as you sign up. They indicate plus shipping, or a box to agree to their terms before you submit your info. The diapers themselves are relatively low cost, they produce thousands a day and pulling some to give away (in hopes you buy buy more) is low cost, if they had to put out 1.50 or so for each one, it would cost too much to make the samples available. If you don't like the terms of the offer, don't sign up. If the ads said 100% free including shipping then they sent you a bill, you might have an argument.

Also it's to prevent from people abusing the free samples.

This. There are thousands of sites online dedicated to finding "Free" samples, causing millions with no actual need to submit requests just to get something free. Charging a reasonable postage fee keeps it to folks with an actual interest.

For more of my thoughts on internet marketing abuse, send $1 and a SASE to...

Hmmm. If you have to give billing info for a free sample, that should tip you off that you are paying for something. LIke mentioned above. It keeps the system from being abused and reduces the cost of the sample.

Heck. I can buy a whole series of manga I like for $1 each and pay $4 for shipping each. Shipping isn't cheap for anyone.

Looking the old gift horse in the mouth...

If the item(s) weren't free, then you'd be paying that much AND the shipping! Sure it's nice when things are double free - no charge for the item AND free shipping, but why be upset when it's not that way? Get it or don't. You've got your choice. What have you really lost other than a few seconds in looking and finding that there is in fact a shipping fee?

I get 'morally outraged' quite easily and I just don't see your point on this.

Okay This Has REALLY PISSED ME OFF for like forever since i started odering samples WHY DO manufactures say free samples and then turn around and CHARGE YOU FOR SHIPPING AND HANDLEING this to me is considerd false advertising and should be made a law against it ......................... I mean i understand they have to pay the shipping of the samples but why make us pay for something that they are saying its free i mean come on people ... If Depends,Attends,Tena Can do it so can they just make it like Tena and only allow one or two samples per person per order and have some kinda block like ive seen with Pampers Underjams when you try and order samples more than once they just wont let you ........... i mean come the hell on people how hard is it lol...................

Also it's to prevent from people abusing the free samples.

yes this is true but look at Tena and Depends when you try and order more than one sample they eh WONT let you lol this is all they need to do im sure im not the only person to think like this and im sure i WONT be the last to.................

yes this is true but look at Tena and Depends when you try and order more than one sample they eh WONT let you lol this is all they need to do  im sure im not the only person to think like this and im sure i WONT be the last to.................

I'm sorry, but please take a look at this.

All I hear is "waah waah waah, gripe bitch whine".

Dude, you're 29. Even if you are a sheltered sissy you should know how the world works by now. Nothing is really free.

Hey now! Not all us sissies are that sheltered. :P I whine about more important things, like getting blood on my favorite dress ... from gutting fish ... ^_^

I guess it all DEPENDS (pardon the pun) on who you are dealing with.

I called Attends about 19 years ago and requested a free sample and they sent me 3 at no charge.

My wife got a GOOD NIGHTS Pull Up at no cost last week.

Stay Pampered and read the fine print.

http://socalab.250x.com

We just got a new distributor in town; in Edmonton. He has been very forthright with us, on the level; wanting to know what we would call a "reasonable" case cost, keeping us up to date, being open and taking some time to answer out questions thoughtfully and in detail. He was frank about our community being catered to second, and to bulk buyers and recurrent buyers, basically incon people, first. He told us how he is not wealthy enough to bring in more than a small container, with a few thousand $ out of his own pocket.

I have seen no reason not to take him at his word.

So when he speaks of free samples, that's at his expense; he is a small fish surrounded by big sharks. I am not saying it is unethical to get free samples when he offers; but to get them just because they are free, in the case where you are really wealthy, or won't ever buy from him and you know it, or aren't even ab and just get freebies, to flog in your garage sale, then I think your need's less than your greed.

I too salivate automatically when I hear free... but I don't always bite.

If you take advantage of donations from a finite supply that means there is someone who won't get them... who needs them but can't afford them. I 've taken charity before in bad times; I refuse to when times are good.

If you are getting them in good faith, that's what they are for, and I am happy for you. Otherwise...

Oh dear, OP touched off a rant. I'm sorry bout that. Wait, no I'm not...

This is in response to edmonguy's post above where he says, "to get them just because they are free, in the case where you are really wealthy, or won't ever buy from him and you know it, or aren't even ab and just get freebies, to flog in your garage sale, then I think your need's less than your greed." That's like when a business like finacial planners and condo salesmen invite people to a free dinner and seminar. If you are interested in a condo or are looking for a new finacial advisor, go for it. If you have no plans at all of getting a condo or going with the firm for finacial advice, then basically you are taking advantage of the situation just to get a free dinner with no intention of buying what they are selling! To me that comes up just short of stealing.

On the other hand, if you see an offer for a sample disposable diaper and it's one that you have never tried before, I see no reason not to take advantage of the offer. You have to remember it's generally a free sample because the manufacturer or distributor is looking to gennerate business for that product. Who knows but that you might find it a great diaper once you try it and then you will buy more for yourself. That is what's hoped to be accomplished by the free sample. It all comes down to a person's ethics when it comes to getting a free sample of a diaper you already use or have used. Unless there have been changes or improvements to the product, then getting a free diaper with no intention of buying more of the product is unethical.

As far as having to pay S&H for your free sample, that is quite an acceptable request from a manufacturer or distributor! They are giving away the diaper which is out of pocket money for them (even though a certian amount of give aways are probably budgeted each year), but the post office will still charge for S&H even though it is a small amount, probably $1 or $2. The crazy thing is, the S&H charges are probably close to or more than what a single diaper would cost on it's own when you figure the average cost of each diaper per the price for a full package or case. The only difference is rather than have to pay $12 or $18 for a full package of diapers that you may not care for, you are only paying a small amount in postage for 1 diaper to see if you will like it enough to pay for more of them.

I also think it's perfectly fair and proper from a marketing standpoint to require the customer to pay S&H on a sample. Otherwise, people all over the country might take advantage of the offer with no intention of even using the product, or for using the product for uses other than intended, such as waxing the car. The simple truth that we may not like, is these companies are in business to make money, not just to provide free sample diapers to AB/DL and incontinent people. Please realize that if S&H was not passed on to potential customers, the price we pay for these diapers in the stores would most likely be higher. We pay enough for something that is going to be used once and thrown away without having to pay more because people take advantage of a free sample situation. Charging for S&H makes perfect sense to me.

yeah, I used to be smaller... So when I decided to give away the stuff that would never fit me again, I offered it to selected poor furs who would really appreciate it; Some said great, but no thanks, as they weren't into plastic pants. I appreciated that. A lot.

In the exchange section on this forum, don't you think is reasonable to pay shipping to get the goods at low cost from members? Why should it be any different with samples from a corporation?

:screwy: I think you are over reacting, you are getting the samples "Free" - are you paying anything for the diapers? NO! Do they say anything about free shipping? NO! Than that is not "false advertising". Come on, they are in business not charity work. They offer samples so you will try and want more - not to support your need / habit / desire for diapers