LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Abena Manufacturing Mistake?

bobbyc

I ordered a case of Abena M2 diapers and am down to the last bag. However, I have noticed the for some reason the diapers in the last bag are much less absorbent and even feel slightly thinner than the diapers in the rest of the bags. Is it possible that these diapers are missing some filling? Like maybe the machines they use to make them ran out of SAP or another material for a few rounds of diapers and these are the diapers that I received? Has anyone ever heard of something like this happening?

Nobody knows. Order another case and find out. If you don't want your money wasted, call 'em up and complain (You just have to get the guts to do it).

Guest LOSTinDiapers

I've gotten abena diapers that are missing tape tabs. I've gotten Attends that have no tapes at all. I even remember seeing an Attends with the tapes on the front part of the diaper instead of the back. Just like anything else that is manufactured in bulk quantities, there can be mistakes. If you have a whole bag that is messed up, contact the company and give them the numbers off the bag. They should be able to track down the problem and refund you the cost.

Guest YkDave

its mass production, chit happens and its only to be expected (especially on a machine that can produce a couple hundred diapers per minute!)

Sometimes some small issues arent caught right away and some of the defected product makes its way out on the market.

Some years ago I had a bag of Molicare Super and I'd randomly find the hard way that some had tiny pinholes in the backing - they were fun times! <_<

On the flipside there's the positive mass production glitches, like waferless KitKats (yum!) and over-flavoured crisps/chips

Sometimes it varies, that is just the luck of the draw. The last case of M4s I ordered had 2 packs of plastic covered ones and 1 pack of the cloth covered ones... talk about strange.

Hi,

The L4s I ordered in a German online pharmacy were plastic covered and made in Aabenraa in Northern Schleswig.

Recently, they changed the pattern on the plastic cover.

Kvetinka

PS: the new abema delta form L3 ordered through www.abenda.de were also produced in Aabenraa(country code 570 on package) and covered by green plastic.

I tried getting a hold of Abena in the past when I had a whole case with pin hole leaks....they never responded (there was no number to call--maybe there is now?) Good luck and let us know if you do complain, how it turns out...

I tried getting a hold of Abena in the past when I had a whole case with pin hole leaks....they never responded (there was no number to call--maybe there is now?) Good luck and let us know if you do complain, how it turns out...

I had a similar experience to this. Except my prob was that I ordered a case of the X-plus and about 3-4 diapers out of a pack of 12 had the tape tabs stuck to the front area of the diapers (they were manufactured that way).

You couldn't pull them off without tearing a huge hole through the plastic and so they were basically useless.

I contacted the manufacturers of Abena and politely complained, and never got a response.

I love Abenas but wow... they totally blew me off. Luckily, it's the only time I've ever had a prob with them or their diapers.

~lilme

Generally speaking... the bigger the company the less likely they are to actually do anything about your complaints. One reason Bambino is so good about handling customer issues is b/c the vast majority of their sales come from online referrals. If people begin griping about how bad the product is their market will go down the drain in a hurry.

I never ended up contacting abena about the issue. Though, I probably would've phoned xpmedical, where I ordered them from - let the middle man take care of it (that's what they are there for). I guess I didn't think it was that big of a deal because, as we have pointed out, when you order enough diapers you are bound to get some odd-balls in the batch. I just have a hunch that the SAP ran out in the last bag because the diapers definately felt wet when they were wet which doesn't usually happen with high quality diapers. And I think the SAP plays a role in that 'dry feel'.

On top of that I ordered another case yesterday of the M2s. So it's not like I will switch brands. I recently switched from the molicare supers because of those lousy stretch tapes.

So, we'll see if it was an isolated incident!