LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Desires For Disabilities As A Child

Little late to the party, I see, but... great topic idea!

Did you as a child ever wish to have something "wrong" with you or have an injury or disability of some sort? I know for myself, I did and I think I'm not really all that alone as I've talked with my wife, other family and friends and we've all admitted to it in some way, shape or form. I wished I had a broken arm, crutches, braces on my teeth, an arm in a sling, outty belly button or even a cool looking birthmark or scar. Other people I know mentioned having glasses (even faking eye exams to get them), illnesses, diseases, broken fingers, legs, you name it, someone's probably desired it.

You know, I never actually desired any of those things for myself, actually, but I did have a fascination with other kids having to wear glasses or braces. I remember in second grade my best friend got glasses and that just rocked my world for some reason... that he had to wear glasses, he wasn't allowed to take them off, at least not at school. And then the next year this little redhead girl who sat behind me got braces. Again, just totally, utterly blew my mind, especially right at the beginning when it made her talk a little funny. I remember thinking about it all the time, and looking at her anytime I could. I actually still really have a thing for both glasses and braces.

And then sometime right in that same age range someone gave me this comic book version of the old testament of the bible, and when I got to the point where Joseph was sold into slavery, it showed him locked in a collar and shackles with chains, and um, that was sort of the beginning of a weird, early bondage fascination for me. In 5th grade my class went to Colonial Williamsburg they had exhibits about gossips being forced to wear gags, and people being publically shamed in stocks. Utterly fascinated me. I got my hands on any sort of reading material I could about that kind of thing and poured over it endlessly.

But... I never imagined myself in the role of having to wear those things, and I didn't really wish them on others (well... by middle school I was starting to wish the girls I had a crush on would have to get braces... but not back when it began). I just had a huge thing for someone being made to wear some device that they didn't really want to wear. The only place where the desire applied to me (at that point) was diapers.

Funny how kids who aren't disabled desire to be but yet kids who ARE disabled wish that they weren't and just want to be like everyone else.

I'll object to this statement as well. I was fine with myself as I was...It was other people that wanted me to be "normal"/like everyone else. I don't know about other people's circumstances, but now I'm a lot worse off mentally and physically vs. if they would of just let me be...all in the name of normal. Go figure.

~ moogle

• Like 1

right on moogle. I could not imagine myself fully able-bodied. I've met and bonded with other people with disabilities--including moogs. Being disabled gives people a way to empathize with fellow people with disabilities over shared experiences.

I'll object to this statement as well. I was fine with myself as I was...It was other people that wanted me to be "normal"/like everyone else. I don't know about other people's circumstances, but now I'm a lot worse off mentally and physically vs. if they would of just let me be...all in the name of normal. Go figure.

~ moogle

I do not know if I faked things to get attention. I have no recollection of injuries on purpose to get attention either. In later life I did have a discussion with my prents and they asked what I would have wanted if it had been possible. I said more time to do things together, trips, etc. My dad was a workaholic. Several relatives with immediate needs went through the house too. Age play gives me the illusion of being loved and getting attention.

wribbit

right on moogle. I could not imagine myself fully able-bodied. I've met and bonded with other people with disabilities--including moogs. Being disabled gives people a way to empathize with fellow people with disabilities over shared experiences.

I see your point Mischa, & I agree, but do you find that some people both disabled & not are not empathetic, & that they look at you as less or not as knowledgeable, or have as much to offer as others might? In my experience, I have found that no one is empathetic with me at all.

Rockies Fan. Go Rockies in 2011!:D

i never had a desire to 'be like hte other kids' growing up.... i mean seriously the other kids were boring as hell, didn't have my personality, or sense of humour and clearly didn't get it... why would i want to be boring and dull like them? i just sorta pittied the other kids for not getting what i got in the sense of how the world worked.....

but then again.... i was pretty damned good at hiding my disability from everyone... including my own family! go me for learning self control waaaayayyyyy early in life!!!! i'm like yoda in that way!