LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Negative Reputation?!

Guest dragonmaster4066

Guest dragonmaster4066

why did someone give me a negative reputation? if offended anyone PLEASE!! let me know. i cant remember being mean or offensive to anyone. and if i say something i think might, i always say i'm sorry about it right after i say it. PLEASE, if your the one that gave me a negative response, let me know why and how i can correct this matter with you. thank you!!

• Like 6

We might as well start a whole section for reputation related questions by this point... <_<

No offense to the OP, just that there are a lot of threads popping up about it.

-Sophie

Agreed. This is what, the 13th or 14th thread about someone getting negative rep?

Guest Wetnmessy247

People give neg rep so freely, almost every day it's a monsoon of neg rep here.

Hell, I've got a quarter of a thousand neg rep.

The whole system is a joke, BECAUSE of how trigger happy people get.

And the standards are ridiculous.

To eaarn a POS rep you have to literally perform a miracle oor revive the dead.

However to earn a neg rep all you need to do is sneeze or misspeel a wyrd.

I earned about 5 neg rep i this post alone.

And the fact I willingly earned neg rep earns me MORE neg rep.

AND the fact I mention neg rep earns even MORE neg rep.

It's a flawed system that's a joke and nothing more. The more neg rep you get, the better you should feel because it means peple are paying attention to what you have to say and go out of their ever so busy days to give so random person they don't know 1 neg rep point as if negative reputation makes me cry in the corner of my bedroom every five minutes of my day.

The way I see it, the more neg rep a person has, the more people pay attention to what they say, and the more people prove to the world that they are so bored and without a social life they spend their friday afternoons giving neg rep to people they don't know as a means to pass the time and feel like they are being productive while doing so.

• Like 3

People give neg rep so freely, almost every day it's a monsoon of neg rep here.

Hell, I've got a quarter of a thousand neg rep.

The whole system is a joke, BECAUSE of how trigger happy people get.

And the standards are ridiculous.

To eaarn a POS rep you have to literally perform a miracle oor revive the dead.

However to earn a neg rep all you need to do is sneeze or misspeel a wyrd.

I earned about 5 neg rep i  this post alone.

And the fact I willingly earned neg rep earns me MORE neg rep.

AND the fact I mention neg rep earns even MORE neg rep.

It's a flawed system that's a joke and nothing more. The more neg rep you get, the better you should feel because it means peple are paying attention to what you have to say and go out of their ever so busy days to give so random person they don't know 1 neg rep point as if negative reputation makes me cry in the corner of my bedroom every five minutes of my day.

The way I see it, the more neg rep a person has, the more people pay attention to what they say, and the more people prove to the world that they are so bored and without a social life they spend their friday afternoons giving neg rep to people they don't know as a means to pass the time and feel like they are being productive while doing so.

Maybe it has something to do with the fact you're a troll and your posts are 99% of the time complete rubbish.

Just sayin'

• Like 6

People abuse the rep system, but don't let it bring you down. I just tell people that reputation is something that you earn throughout your life, not on some message board.

• Like 1

don't worry about it dragon i have actually talked to you in chat ! you seem pretty cool to me and yes i have also got a negitve vote once searched it out then voted me positive HEE HEE!!! did not really bother me so don't let it get you down dude ! take care ! :thumbsup:

Guest dragonmaster4066

most of you that know me know its not that i'm whining or that i'm that worried about a rep on here. my real issue here is that i dont remember saying anything to upset anyone and if i would like to know what and to whom i said it to. i know why some on here have a neg. rep and some of them deserve it. but i think i have been nice to almost everyone here (unless it is someone picking on my friends in the chat) then i take care of that there. even at that i have not really had to say anything to anyone in a while. i guess someone just got sand in their diaper or something. oh well if the person cant face me and tell me what i said or did then i guess we all know who the better person is!!! and thank you to those who helped me out and are understanding.

• Like 3

well i have a 403 positive rating and i'm pretty sure i haven't performed any miracles...

sometimes my posts have gotten negative ratings (i'm sure someone just hit the wrong button :P)

but seriously... i dont understand the point of making a whole thread saying "oh my gosh someone i dont know at all didn't like something i had to say and boo hooo it hurt my feelings"

Guest Wetnmessy247

Neg rep usually is given by people who see something they don't want to see in a public board.

I know of many other message boards on the internetz who took down the rep system because of massive abuse. It's never a good thing, no matter what the topic of discussion is.

Examples:

I know rep systems being abused from topics ranging from the Lord of the Rings movies to hair waxing. From Mexican restaurant boards to Frisbee clubs. From Fans of Monopoly to Vintage Baseball Cards. From Hatred of Paris Hilton to Tourism of London.

What is the point. This is a little ridiculous. If they don't tell you what you did "wrong" how can you even try to avoid it again in the future (assuming I would bother to try). All I have done is honestly reply to peoples posts, and try to help them, and someone can give me a negative reputation. There should be a requirement for an explanation, otherwise, what is the point. I can see letting it be anonymous, but there should at least be some sort of explanation. How else can someone learn from their mistakes. This is infuriating! Is there a way to see what I supposedly did wrong, and I'm missing how to look it up?

• Like 1

Is there a way to see what I supposedly did wrong, and I'm missing how to look it up?

No, there is no way to find out what you did to earn negative/positive rep. It's anonymous.

No, there is no way to find out what you did to earn negative/positive rep. It's anonymous.

Except to the admins as mentioned in the recent board software update thread. A nice way to make sure people aren't being unnecessarily vindictive with the negative clicks, I suspect.

Personally, I'd still rather see the reputation system changed so that you can +1 people for nice or helpful posts but can't -1 them because it's too easily abused. I can see why 'certain posts' attract large negative scores because they depict things that portray the community in a bad light (you know, "I want to ask that hot chick from Walmart to change my stinky diaper while sucking a pacifier and stealing used baby diapers from a nursery" threads) but other than that, it's just seems to be used when person X disagrees with what person Y said which isn't fair...

Except to the admins as mentioned in the recent board software update thread. A nice way to make sure people aren't being unnecessarily vindictive with the negative clicks, I suspect.

I know that, I just didn't mention it because even the admins don't know why a member was given a negative/positive rep point unless they PM the member and ask.

so do you ask every single person who doens't seem to like you (and i'm talking in real life, at the bar, at the office, at school) do you ask every single one of them

"excuse me, i noticed you just dont seem to want to hang out with, or talk to me, could you please explain to me everything i did wrong? because i am so desparated for every single person to accept me i just have to understand what it is about me, you a stranger, i hardly know and don't ever have to tlak to again, don't like about me"

just move on. its a friggin negative score on an anonymous board!!!! seriously..... you could have said "i think butterflies are quite pretty" and gotten a negative score for it....

so do you ask every single person who doens't seem to like you (and i'm talking in real life, at the bar, at the office, at school) do you ask every single one of them

"excuse me, i noticed you just dont seem to want to hang out with, or talk to me, could you please explain to me everything i did wrong? because i am so desparated for every single person to accept me i just have to understand what it is about me, you a stranger, i hardly know and don't ever have to tlak to again, don't like about me"

just move on. its a friggin negative score on an anonymous board!!!! seriously..... you could have said "i think butterflies are quite pretty" and gotten a negative score for it....

Nope. For two reasons. Number one, I don't really care. Number two, I don't have time.

So, it's not that I care what the person who disagreed with me cares. It's that when someone goes to my page I don't want them getting the wrong idea about me. I didn't know how reputation was changed (pos or neg) until mine went negative and I came to this post.

I really think the two should be separated. Why does someone not liking my post have to effect my reputation? Let someone say they did not like my post or that it was not helpful, but don't link it to my reputation on my page!

Just my opinion.

• Like 1

Here's an idea: whenever you see a post with a negative rep rating, ask yourself if it's deserved and if not up-rate it.

I do that quite often. Done it once today, in fact, where I could see what probably happened and thought it was a tad unfair (most likely the person was down-voted for simply disagreeing with somebody) and certainly didn't warrant -1 in my opinion.