LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Okay...Since My And My Ab'S Signatures Were Questioned For Being To Big...

Guest MommyGweniebear

Two words: monitor resolution.

One word: narrowband.

People are still on 800 x 600 and 640 x 480 monitor resolutions and people are still using dial-up. Think of the little people. When you have big signatures and images, it forces people on smaller resolutions to scroll more than they should and pages take a longer time to load when people upload large images. Larger images normally equate to bigger file sizes.

Please, guys. Be more considerate.

I personally don't mind what size a sig is, I have one myself... I think its up to her if she has large image there, people are just very lazy and don't want to scroll further down the screen.

People are still on 800 x 600 and 640 x 480 monitor resolutions and people are still using dial-up. Think of the little people. When you have big signatures and images, it forces people on smaller resolutions to scroll more than they should and pages take a longer time to load when people upload large images. Larger images normally equate to bigger file sizes
I'm sorry but thats really there own fault if they are still using those resolutions, they should really get up to date. If they use those res's then they can't complain because this site itself is designed for much higher I think 1280/700 as it fits my monitor on that res very nicely (of course by all means correct me if i'm wrong.)

As for people using dial up, I'm shocked that still exists tbh since most broadbands costs the same as what dial up used to.

• Like 1

there are many many many sooo many places in the usa, where you cannot get even cable... so for many people dial up IS the only option, other than dishing out tons of money...

I'm sorry but thats really there own fault if they are still using those resolutions, they should really get up to date. If they use those res's then they can't complain because this site itself is designed for much higher I think 1280/700 as it fits my monitor on that res very nicely (of course by all means correct me if i'm wrong.)

As for people using dial up, I'm shocked that still exists tbh since most broadbands costs the same as what dial up used to.

Wrong. Often, the restrictions on screen resolution is due to monetary concerns. It's rather stupid to criticize someone for being behind the times, technologically. Generally speaking, if they had the money to throw around, they would have bigger, more complex monitors. Those of us with little spending money are usually stuck a decade or more behind the current trends.

Also: despite the commercials, in most rural areas broadband is either not available, or costs an arm and a leg (and is thus not available to those who can't afford it). I happen to live in one such rural area. It would cost me about $250 per month, plus around $2000 worth of instillation fees and equipment). I don't make that kind of money. My dial-up service costs me $24 a month.

:o it relly costs that much a month for broadband? i'd like to see the company's asking for that much money...

the res I gave is standard on old monitors u can get 1020/600 etc on them quite easy. A simple windows update will solve that.

Also as its been already said, you can disable sigs and image attachments in your account settings.

:o it relly costs that much a month for broadband? i'd like to see the company's asking for that much money...

Just in his area. I pay $125ish a month for internet, digital cable and land line telephone.

Just in his area. I pay $125ish a month for internet, digital cable and land line telephone
124$ is more beliable and thats because of a mixed package,

I'm sure people could ring the ISP up and ask for a deal service, also there are broadband company's out there that use your landline as a connection. AOL being one of them.

the res I gave is standard on old monitors u can get 1020/600 etc on them quite easy. A simple windows update will solve that.

Also as its been already said, you can disable sigs and image attachments in your account settings.

As I said... that leaves no consideration for people browsing on Netbooks or other similar devices. Some of us are working with a 5" screen, so it doesn't matter how high the res is, the images are still HUGE. Why should we have to disable images just because a few inconsiderate people want to show off? I've got a few images that are a million or so pixels wide at full scale and a couple megs in size... I could easily put one in my sig since there aren't any restrictions and really fuck with things, however I won't because it would be inconsiderate to the rest of the community.

And as far as broadband goes... there is a lot of wide-open space in this country (believe me, I drove across it) and there are many places where dialup is the only thing available. Cities and urban centers have wonderful broadband penetration, but get a few miles out of town and see what happens.

why? if its bothering you that much just ignore the thread lol...

Because this thread has run its course. There isn't any point in leaving it open except to create drama over the original issue. If you want to discuss internet speeds and such, create a new thread.

• Like 1

Because this thread has run its course. There isn't any point in leaving it open except to create drama over the original issue. If you want to discuss internet speeds and such, create a new thread.

TBF that isn't a good enough reason to lock this thread, and probably wont get locked because theres nothing in breech of the rules. Like i said if this thread is bothering you then don't continue to read it..

of course pencils eventually will become completely obsolete, as will pens, in favour of smart board type technology there students have table like pc's build into their school desks and do all their work on that with a stylus....