LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Hot Weather In Diapers

As one who lives in the southern US dealing with the humid moist heat of summer is a fact of life down here. What I do is switch to "cloth" backed disposable diapers (we are talking comfort here, not fetish desires) and use more powder when changing. You will also find yourself changing more often so I usually don't wear the thickest diaper type I have. In other words instead of wearing Abena M4 I will use the M3 or an M2. If I am inside air conditioned space for most of the day, like at my office, it really isn't any different from a comfort perspective so I don't have to adjust so much. By August we do mostly go from an air conditioned space to our air conditioned cars to another air conditioned space, not really out in it that much. Otherwise I am floating in my pool at home where a diaper really isn't necessary.

To summarize, switch to cloth backed disposable diapers, use more baby powder and change more frequently. And, avoid plastic pants if you can otherwise you will have a sauna in your pants.

Us incontinent people paved the way! :thumbsup::whistling:

I've been wearing gauze prefold diapers most of my life. I don't really notice the heat that much. If I'm out in 106° temperatures here in the high desert I usually take a cool shower after removing my wet diapers. I drive a Jeep with the top off during the summer, just a bikini top to protect my poor bald head. So my air conditioning is really just a useless switch during those months. Gauze diapers are so much cooler than disposables!

since my bladder weakness progressed to the point where I began 24/7 wear, it has gotten much hotter. I have been sweating so much at work, my bambino+ luvs booster have lasted me the whole shift. My store is not well ventilated yet, and I sweat out most of the water I drink in a day.

when I go home, as soon as I can, I change into a clothbacked for comfort

Guest Wetnmessy247

1.) Shave your testicle and bum.

2.) Use powders/oils.

3.( Wear shorts to give breathing passages. Pants in hot weather not so fun.

4.) If u wear platic pants, skip em in the heat. Plastic gets hot.

5.) Bring diaper bag with you. If you get unbearably hot, find bathroom in private. Tke out hand fan and while in stall use mini fan to cool your body down. Maybe put some ice in the diaper.

Now:

1.) For wetting, you know peepee is hot at first but over time gets cold. Simple enough, no worrie. It abdsorbs and all need to worry about is the waddle.

2.) For messing, you know messes are hot at first but over time cool down. Heat may slow the cooling process. If you findyourself in the sun in a freshly messed or old messed diaper, please bring diaper bag for quick changes. You may not know what it smells like but I do: the smell of a freshly messed in diaper baking in the sun for hours always lead to other people either gagging or puking. Not a pleasant smell.

You know what else isn't pleasant? You. Go away.

I am going to be in S GA for just a couple more weeks, and the heat has definitely turned up here! Being used to wearing diapers all the time, I haven't noticed that it's the diaper area that gets hot. I'll just strip down when I get home if I'm super sweaty after work and such.

I work an outside job and an inside job. My outside job is only for a few hours of the day, and in the mornings, but it's still hot. My only complaint is that the disposables can't handle heat and movement; my diaper will be sagging and bunched, even though I may not have wet yet. This is only frustrating because of having to change a diaper I haven't used. But, I'm sure real babies get changed out of many not-so-wet diapers, meaning that everyone in disposables usually experiences wasted diapers. It's just a sad fact of being 247.

• Like 2
Guest Wetnmessy247

Ummm...I gave logical advice.

Wear shorts.

Don't wear plasric pants.

Stay cool.

I fail to see why this advice should garner "go away."

I mean this is like an SNL skit.

"I like..." "GO AWAY!"

"Ummm....well I..." "GO AWAY!!!"

When one asks for advice, one gives it. I fail to understand why common logic advice gives you the right to act pissed off.

I'm sorry. Jeez.

• Like 2
Guest NaughtyAshes

Ummm...I gave logical advice.

Wear shorts.

Don't wear plasric pants.

Stay cool.

I fail to see why this advice should garner "go away."

I mean this is like an SNL skit.

"I like..." "GO AWAY!"

"Ummm....well I..." "GO AWAY!!!"

When one asks for advice, one gives it. I fail to understand why common logic advice gives you the right to act pissed off.

I'm sorry. Jeez.

Typical troll is typical. Say something gross, then clarify it as something reasonable when you get a reaction. Your next move is to play the victim. Go go go!

• Like 3

I almost always wear plastic panties over a disposable and even in the southern summer heat I have no problems B) Yeah, it's warm but it's warm anywhere there isn't A/C :lol: Yeah, it gets wet from perspiration but I'm long used to being wet :D If you live here you learn to deal with the heat, much the same as someone from the NE learning to deal with the cold and snow. If you let it get to you, it will :o When you don't want leaks you learn and deal with it rather quickly.

Bettypooh

Guest Wetnmessy247

I live in the northeast most of the time so I don't typically get hot weather.

Hot is a relative term as well. What a southener ays is hot is the same thing a northerner ays is REALLY hot.

Hot to me is 70 degrees, so.....

Okay, back on topic. Before they made them (you can buy them like this now) I got the idea of freezing my plastic pants. For some reason I thought this would be a good technique. So anyway when the pants were chilled I took a paper hole punch and about a half inch down form the waistband and put three holes on each side of the pants. This allows the pants to breath as you move and allows the air to circulate. As it's way towards the top it barely affects the use of the pants. I suppose one could add a small strip of plastic secured at the top only as a flap of sorts over the holes. This would be good for cloth wearers to prevent any wicking. But in my experience they really didn't wick much if any. And it's at the waist line anyway, so it's not a tell tale thing anyway.

So if you got a old pair, give it a try. Granted this is for day wear obviously when your upright, so as not to leak. It does make them quite a bit more comfortable. As a plus every time you sit down you get a "Poof" of baby powder smell. :whistling::rolleyes:

Hi there, Repaid1,

The classic PlayTex stretchy baby panties sold "Ventilated" versions with reinforced holes near the waistband at the sides. When the panties were molded there was extra latex surrounding those vent holes. Seeing the pictures reminded me of those stick-on reinforcers used with school notebook paper. Of course back in the PlayTex baby panties era all the diapers were made of cloth, usually held by pins.

My Granny Vi remembers those vent holes. She says mothers would put those on babies during the day when it was hot, then change to non-ventilated panties for naps and bed, to prevent wicking leaks.

Okay, back on topic. Before they made them (you can buy them like this now) I got the idea of freezing my plastic pants. For some reason I thought this would be a good technique. So anyway when the pants were chilled I took a paper hole punch and about a half inch down form the waistband and put three holes on each side of the pants. This allows the pants to breath as you move and allows the air to circulate. As it's way towards the top it barely affects the use of the pants. I suppose one could add a small strip of plastic secured at the top only as a flap of sorts over the holes. This would be good for cloth wearers to prevent any wicking. But in my experience they really didn't wick much if any. And it's at the waist line anyway, so it's not a tell tale thing anyway.

So if you got a old pair, give it a try. Granted this is for day wear obviously when your upright, so as not to leak. It does make them quite a bit more comfortable. As a plus every time you sit down you get a "Poof" of baby powder smell. :whistling::rolleyes:

Just curious how people who choose to wear stay so committed, in humid hot weather. :o

I live in the Sunshine State of Florida where the humidity is almost equal to the temp. But we have something new here... They call it Air Conditioning. We even have them in our cars and homes. Trust me greatest invention since sliced bread.

Guest Wetnmessy247

I live in the Sunshine State of Florida where the humidity is almost equal to the temp. But we have something new here... They call it Air Conditioning. We even have them in our cars and homes. Trust me greatest invention since sliced bread.

A much better invention I think is the car window.

Meaning you can roll the window down and prop your leg up in the door. Please don't do this unless you AREN'T driving. There are enough insane road devils out there as it is. We don't need one more person driving with their right knee while eating meatballs and reading the newspaper while listening to their ipod and painting their nails while plying sudoku and practicing tae kwon do all while blindfolded and learning to whistle through a needlehead.

Propping your leg up in open window is excellent for an ABDL who ISN'T driving. The wind gets funnelled through your pants/shorts and cools you down whether wet/messed or not.

...you can roll the window down and prop your leg up in the door...

Propping your leg up in open window is excellent for an ABDL who ISN'T driving. The wind gets funnelled through your pants/shorts and cools you down whether wet/messed or not.

Oh yeah, really intelligent... just like people who prop their legs up on the dash. Ever seen what happens to someones leg on the dash when an airbag goes off? You are going to be eating your toes... if the leg is attached at all.

People, keep all your extremities inside the vehicle and in a proper position until the ride has come to a complete stop.

This public service announcement has been brought to you on behalf of sane individuals everywhere.

• Like 1
Guest Wetnmessy247

Dude, for real?

What's the point of living if you have a stick shoved up your ass?

Enjoy life. If you want to dangle you feet out the windpw A BIT, then go ahead. I think you got the image of someone hanging theur entire lower body out the window.

People do the foot thing all the time. It feels good to have the air run up your leg.

But hey I guess a life of seclusion and bubble wrapped furniture and safety helmets and caution tape is okay as well.

Wordof advice though: when going to a beach party, kindly remove your head out of your ass so others can have fun and not worry about the safety police being buzzkill.

• Like 1