LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Csi King Baby Repeat This Thursday

rscott

The AB lifestyle will never be accepted because people believe it has to do with hurting or exploiting children. This is one belief I don't think will ever change no matter how many television shows "touch" on the subject. There is no acceptance of the AB Lifestyle outside of the AB Community and anyone who tries to sway the masses sets themselves up to be ostrasized further. Some things are better left private. Find those who are like-minded, enjoy the friendships that are made and don't worry about the rest of the world.

:D

BabyElle

This was a really good episode. I like that the CSI reactions were not overly negative. I think we all realize that most people find our baby lives at least a little odd. But closing of the show was, I thought, quite open-minded. And I sure did envy that guy (except for the part about being found dead, of course).

Rheez, you said it best, if I understood... everything in life takes time, and every day is a new page of the book of life. This is our chapter. Let's cherous that someone wrote the book, beyond that... it's our life.. read it ...pass it by, or love us who for whatever reason, we are us. Blessed be!

Same thing with Gays, 50 years ago, it would of never been accepted.

even longer down the line, woman werent considered to have a vote, but got one.

shall i continue?

The problem is that women make up half the population and gays make up 10 to 37% of the population. Adult Babies and Diaper Lovers, I am guessing are probably 30,000 of us at most that make up less than 1% of the population.

Reasons why we will never be accepted:

1. There are too few of us

2. WE even have issues accepting ourselves

3. No one wants to be outed to the world and be an AB leader

4. Everyone is brainwashed in potty training that diapers are for babies, so there is a prejudice against us from age 2 and up.

5. Given past history, public ABs are used to being laughed at(Springer) or be disgusted at(News of the Weird).

I hate to say it, but I cannot see groups of AB/DLs marching on Washington, and getting in parades and making any kind of noise that will help us get acceptance. No one is going to hand it to us on a silver bottle. We have to take it, and no AB is willing to take the risk. So it's never gonna happen.

Baby Bri

We aren't (necessarily) gays or any othe group that has carved its own acceptance in society, so it is perhaps erroneous to use them as a direct comparison. The homosexual community is indeed larger than ours, by quite a lot.

That is not to say, however, that gaining a measure of acceptance is impossible. I do not think it is inevitable that people wil regard us as pedophiles. The "catholic schoolgirl" fetish is fairly well known. If people can accept men who are aroused by their lovers dressing up as adolescent girls, I think that serves as at least a plausible basis for believing that people are by and large capable of understanding the difference between consenting adults and child exploiters.

The role of men as the "Daddy" in some romantic relationships is also a fairly well known fetish. As is spanking. Both of those incorporate elements of our fetish, and neither provokes accusations of pedophilia.

I would argue that society is becoming generally more sexually tolerant. Sure there are fluctuations, and sure, there are areas of the nation where sexual repression remain virulent, but on the whole, I think it is fair to say that society has come a long way in accepting people for who they are and letting people get their jollies pretty much how they see fit provided nobody is harmed. As such, we do not need to waddle down The Mall in Washington and demand our place in society. We don't need Diaper Pride parades. We will simply benefit from peoples' increasingly permissive attitudes and at some point it will become a relative non issue.

When something is misunderstood the masses dont really want to look into it, as there is work involved, thats not to say few wont'dont look into it, but as a whole things are easier to ridcule rather then learn about.

I think location has alot to do with acceptance as well. A friend of mine was in Amsterdam and saw adult nurseries along side coffee shops (some of them catoring to canibus some not) working along side one another with no concern of what was sold or who attended either.

Abradley kinda touched on what I was going to say.

It seems to me that the only way we are ever going to get accepted is if society has a "Gestalt Shift" (Any Koon fans out there?) and we change our fundamental attitude towards sex and sexual desire. The fact of the matter is that we are extremely conservative when it comes to sex. Anyone remember how ape-sh*t everyone was because Janet Jackson exposed a nipple in the super bowl? Any one ever been told that it is sinful to masturbate? Consider this: back in the Roman times there was no 'gay' or 'straight.' Instead, people simply had lovers. It just may happen that your lover may be a man or a woman. I realize there are flaws in this analogy, but the point still stands that our attitude towards sex is not THE attitude towards sex.

With our society's mindset towards sex, there's no way that us diaper lovers are ever going to get accepted. But I think it's very possible that as we progress, we'll see some big changes.

-Jess

my question is what would we gain by making our fetish/lifestyle known? and what if by some long shot we would be accepted by society? would public restrooms have adult changing tables? of course not, this is something that is personal and should be kept to ourselves and like minded people. I don't see people walk around announcing what gets them off with pride. i don't want to be accepted by society because that would imply i would be outted as an AB. sure this is who I am but my life is not an open book for everyone to read. however, this chapter is only for you guys. :)

Well, getting back to the subject at hand I saw the King Baby episode.

Overall, I thought it was ok. It could have been better, but it could have been much worse. They made a few snide remarks about the AB lifestyle, and it didn't help that the AB who got knocked off turned out to be a real creep. On the plus side, they did show an AB shop and they had a bunch of people walking around and shopping in the background, which is neet because it made it seem that there are quite a few of us.

If anyone else saw it, tell me what they thought.

-Jess

anyone else wish that the forever baby shop they showed with the cloth diapers and large baby furniture was real?

i have seen this ep before and just watched it agian. yes some negative comments were made, but i really liked at the end with the discussion about regression. refering it to taking a vacation from your everyday self. something most of us can relate to, that is those of us who don't wear 24/7(lol).

it would be nice if we were publicly accepted, but i dbout it will ever happen. i would like more positive exposure of us so that people can gain an understanding and possibly make huggies and papmper aware of us so they can start making size 7 and 8 diapers.

/pipe dream i know, but part of all this is fantasy and if size 7&8 baby diaper isn't a fantasy then i don't know what is lol

Okay I hate to be the voice of reason here but the #1 show on TV.....not just CBS or ABC or NBC or cable........the #1 overall show on television just had an Adult Baby episode. This wasn't Jerry Springer or some mind numbing dumbass on cable access.........It was primetime and hit 30 million homes the first time and another 25 million homes this time.

We just went mainstream this year.....did you really expect the doors to fly open for us?

The last 20 years have been babysteps.......and suddenly the baby just jumped the grand canyon.

100,000,000 million people were talkling about adults in diapers the day after they aired it the first time and tomorrow morning another 50,000,000 will join them.

150,000,000 people got exposed to AB/DL this year because of one show. If 9 out of 10 people disregard the show as trash or disgusting and just one person thought it was cute that means that 15,000,000 Americans just thought the idea of a man wearing diapers was funny and cute.

Could we show just a bit of faith please??

I am going to bed with a damn big smile on my face tonight.........I hope they air it again tomorrow night. :D

[

Could we show just a bit of faith please??

No. Faith is belief in the abscence of logic and reason

Based on the mountains of evidence, ABs will never be accepted by society at large, at the very least in our lifetimes, and probably our grandchildren's lifetimes, and the best we'll probably ever achieve is indifference.

Well you can choose to wallow in dispair.....I choose to see the bright side

[

No. Faith is belief in the abscence of logic and reason

Based on the mountains of evidence, ABs will never be accepted by society at large, at the very least in our lifetimes, and probably our grandchildren's lifetimes, and the best we'll probably ever achieve is indifference.

i watched that episode for the first time yesterday, i was working the first night it aired, and it was interesting. they did call the guy a "freak" but that was out of context. also i didn't like the reasons presented to why he was AB. At the shop the woman told them, "some men can only love their moms and some men had a bad childhood." thats not why i'm AB. i would have liked if she at least said, "and there are many other reasons why people, not just men, are AB." at the end of the show when they were discussing the man's lifestyle they didn't have anything bad to say. but why would they? it's a TV show, it has to end on a good note so people feel good and would want to watch next week.

BabySteviee, it is true that, according to nielsenmedia.com29,546,000 people watched CSI lastnight. but i don't understand where you get 100 million people talking about CSI the next day. everyone who watched had to talk to 4 people about it? i don't think so. i also don't get how 150 million people were exposed to to AB/DL. also, they weren't exposed to anything DL. DL wasn't mentioned at all.

heres some fun facts taken from CSIfiles.com

The Parents Television Council filed a Federal Communications Commission (FCC) complaint against the episode for inappropriate content. (March 1, 2005) BOOOOOOOO!

Following the Parents Television Council complaint, this episode became the subject of a 'Noncomplaint' campaign by activist group SpeakSpeak.org. (March 07, 2005) YAY!

You are assuming that everyone who watched was by themselves. The Neilson ratings tell you how many TV's were on.......how many people were watching those TV's?

And how many people were talking about it the next day with friends?

It's a rough estimate of course but I think it's probably close.

I thought that the CSI episode was great because it led me to this site, although it took awhile. This site in turn led me to share my secret lifestyle with my girlfriend which has significantly improved my life. My hope is that the more they show the King Baby episode the more chance people with this lifestyle will be made aware that there are others and they will try to find them as I did. That can only be a good thing. I don't expect you young ones to understand this, but try living this lifestyle alone for 30+ yrs. Remember when you learned you were not alone?