LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Losing All Control

Stop Bickering, there is a simple answer, wear 24/7 and just pee or whatever.. thats the only safe way.. Many have said it.. its the truth.. that's what we know... and we have diapers on older than most to prove it.. J/K, Like I said, and others, the key to having incontience, is to retrain. Wear diapers..Good ones.. and just go! before long you will have no choice. fact is medical, whatever else, try.. other things may help, but if you lose the feeling of thought of else, then you have no choice..to what happens.. tried and true.n Proven.. 30+ years.. look at the bright side. If your 19 you only have about 17 years to untrain. If your forty..ahhhhh... forget it.. good thing I started earlier.. Good luck. :)

Again, Leave the advice alone and drop it. She wants to know how, enough of the speeches. Save it for the threads asking what happens if you do, this isn't one of them.

I have to stand up for her, please. Just move on and someone say something along the lines of what she wants to know.

:wub:

Actually, the "opposing" advice IS useful in answering her question. It is my understanding that a very REAL KEY to unpotty training is to be sure you want it. So, going through all of the pros and cons is actually STEP 1 so that your mind is settled with no "maybe" "perhaps some day" etc about the decision.

OK - here is the best advice I have ever found: A VERY detailed document on how to go about unpotty training. Also available at the same spot is a documnent SoCalAb frequently recommends. However the document labeled: "Incontinence-Guide.pdf" is lengthy, detailed, and I would think helpful. (I say "I think" because I haven't tried to follow it nor am I able to.) But check it out ... VERY interesting.

1) Go to this yahoo group:

http://health.groups.yahoo.com/group/2b-incontinent/

2) Click on "Files"

3) Download!

This group was shut down with many other yahoo groups last spring. It was re-started and disallows all pictures and has no messages archived. You can join and get the "posts" emailed, and that's the only way to get the information. Most of the posts (not many are made in total) have NOT been relevant to unpotty training, but rather medical means for accomplishing incontinence... a highly controversial and to my mind dangerous undertaking.

However, the file is fantastic.

I see two options for temporary and REAL incontinence.

First, foley catheters - Bare none, this is the most easily achieved temporary incontinence. If you aren't familiar with it, do some research. It may scare you but it can be done/undone by most anyone with a little bit of training. A tube with a deflated balloon is passed into the bladder through the normal route for urine. The balloon is inflated and will not come out. The tube drains the bladder, into a diaper if not connected, constantly.

If you have a foley catheter inserted and don't wear a diaper, you will dribble on whatever you are above, constantly. They can be inserted for any length of time from minutes to days. Safety is very important though. DO SOME RESEARCH!

Info: http://public.diversity.org.uk/deviant/bfcath.htm

http://institute.blacksteel.com/catheters1.htm

http://institute.blacksteel.com/effective_..._domination.htm

Pictures: http://www.hottotrott.com/FOLEY%202%20WAY%...%20CATHETER.htm

The second way, a topic I know a bit about but am not an expert, is botox injections into the sphincter. It is temporary but long lasting. You will have little if any control of bladder emptying for at least a month and possibly as much as six months. You will probably not wet all the time but your bladder will empty when it has enough to squeeze some out. Diapers might be optional. A good bladder pad may be all that is required but you are wanting the 24/7 diaper route and this is one route.

Access to botox is more difficult than foley caths and impossible to reverse until it wears off. Finding a doctor to do the botox injection will probably be difficult.

Good luck and post back any experiences you have. I'm an information junkie!

I see two options for temporary and REAL incontinence.

First, foley catheters - Bare none, this is the most easily achieved temporary incontinence. If you aren't familiar with it, do some research. It may scare you but it can be done/undone by most anyone with a little bit of training. A tube with a deflated balloon is passed into the bladder through the normal route for urine. The balloon is inflated and will not come out. The tube drains the bladder, into a diaper if not connected, constantly.

If you have a foley catheter inserted and don't wear a diaper, you will dribble on whatever you are above, constantly. They can be inserted for any length of time from minutes to days. Safety is very important though. DO SOME RESEARCH!

Info: http://public.diversity.org.uk/deviant/bfcath.htm

http://institute.blacksteel.com/catheters1.htm

http://institute.blacksteel.com/effective_..._domination.htm

Pictures: http://www.hottotrott.com/FOLEY%202%20WAY%...%20CATHETER.htm

The second way, a topic I know a bit about but am not an expert, is botox injections into the sphincter. It is temporary but long lasting. You will have little if any control of bladder emptying for at least a month and possibly as much as six months. You will probably not wet all the time but your bladder will empty when it has enough to squeeze some out. Diapers might be optional. A good bladder pad may be all that is required but you are wanting the 24/7 diaper route and this is one route.

Access to botox is more difficult than foley caths and impossible to reverse until it wears off. Finding a doctor to do the botox injection will probably be difficult.

Good luck and post back any experiences you have. I'm an information junkie!

Damn, you have it all figured out...lol

I've had experience with both foleys and botox. I've been catherized numerous times. Five years ago, I was suffering a bout of kidney reflux (long story but related to my incontinence) that was frickin' killing me: urine flows back into the kidney from the bladder). It was like having kidney stone pain up to 10 times a day. At one point, they sedated me and gave me an injection of botox in the bladder sphincter (my bladder and sphincter don't act together) while doctors figured out what to do. I can't say how long the botox lasted (I was told it was temporary) because I had surgery about six months later to remove my damaged kidney and enlarge my bladder and I was still affected by the botox. I had a foley cath for two months following the surgery (plus a second cath directly in the bladder from a hole in my abdomen)... I know.. TMI... neither corrected my incon but I now have to self-cath every day. Been there.. done that...

Mo

Amen! Wearing diapers can be a lot of fun much of the time. But, when you have no choice but to wear 24/7, it DOES get old. I've had to wear diapers on a Caribbean cruise, at all social occasions, everywhere, all the time. Even though I'm grateful that diapers allow me to live an active life, there are certainly times when, if I had the choice, I would not wear them.

I couldn't disagree more, Rosie. This is an incontinents discussion, not a "how to become incontinent" discussion. What alchill is considering doing is a very serious step that will affect her life profoundly. She needs to hear the downside of it. Not to let her know that it's not all fun would be very irresponsible.

Remember, there's nothing illegal about using a diaper when and where you want to. You can have a lot of fun with them and still retain your power of choice.

• 5 months later...

I am rather new to this whole thing and my husband wants me to lose all control over my bladder. and i am willing to do so and i try so hard but its hard to let lose when your not used to doing so. so if anybody has any tips of how to lose my bladder control as fast as i can i love to hear it.

Seems to be -Practice makes perfect!

Have a drink then go and walk the dog or cat in a fairly public area where there are no toilet facilities and where you cannot possibly nip behind a bush! you will very soon be desperate to go wherever you are even standing up!

Good luck in your quest. :beer:

My opinion and thoughts would be to simply wear 24/7 and see if you like it or not. I at times have been known to go 24/7 for about a week or two, and at the end of two weeks it takes me a few days to remember that i dont have a diaper on. But that is the wasiest way that i can think of, is just to wear, and not think about when you have to go, dont try to hold it, just let it dribble out whenever you feel like you have a litlle to let go.

As alchill states she is new to this, I strongly recommend to her not to do anything permanent to herself.

Because of the infection risk, I think she should avoid catheters.

I think the reversible training route would be best for her -- she can experience the problematic side on her own, and decide whether to put up with it or not. Also, losing control only when diapered has considerable advantages -- I hike, and diapers would chafe, and I canoe, and you really don't want a diaper on when you jump into the river to swim (and often, pee).

Alchill should wear diapers 24/7 (or maybe just daytime 7 -- wet beds are rather unromantic to fix at three in the morning) and relax. Try a hypnosis tape (socalab, warpmymind, DPF sell them, but DPF otherwise stinks) to help with the relaxation, and make sure not to pee except in the diapers. Additionally, this works best, both from a body training standpoint and the standpoint of not having her protection leak, if she pees as soon as she feels the urge, preferably telling herself that whatever she is doing at the moment is more important than finding a place or position to pee in.

I also think the walking outside, diapered, and having just drunk around a quart of water idea is good. The idea is to stay away from the bathroom until the body just HAS to pee, then to use the diaper. I frequently do this when I am walking out, alone after dark, except for the dog and the occasional car.

I'll add that Alchill should definitely make sure to drink water before and while getting on-line here, and be sure to stay seated when the water goes through her.

Finally, the diapers you find in US drugstores are universally crummy. Reputable on-line suppliers include Magic Medical, XP Medical, ABAIP. HDIS you may want to avoid, as you will get junk mail. To make my depends "maximum protection" really work, I have to add a Serenity/Tena ultimate pad to the front of my diaper, and then it will take a full-bladder pee.

And yes, stuff like job interviews is a strong motivation for being able to NOT wear diapers. One of our members was depantsed at work after one of her coworkers saw her purchasing her protection. If you are discovered at work, just act like you HAVE to do it while your Dr figures out what is going on...or tell people you have a UTI...

Dill Pickle