LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Cloth Vs Disposable

77 members have voted

1. 1. What diapers do you mostly wear (when diapered)

• Cloth Diapers
    • Disposable Diapers
    • Other (that is not listed)
  2. 2. The diapers you use are they

• Homemade
    • Commercially produced
  3. 3. When is comes to getting diapers, is there another choice available with the same circumstances (ie a competing brand)

• Yes
    • No

What type of diapers do you wear / choose to wear and why. Also, specify the brand you choose, and the reason you chose that brand - ie price / absorbency / comfort etc.

Many AB sites have tried to create a comparison list of adult diapers, but none allow the voters to specify reasons for their choices. I think that the reason someone choses a diaper is almost if not more important than the actual count of users of a specific brand. To try and explain with an example (using baby diapers) Pampers are the most used diapers in the USA, but that alone does not prove that Pampers diapers are the best diaper. It could simply be stating that Pampers diapers are the only diaper available in small towns, while in the larger towns etc, the choice could be Pampers and Huggies, and there, Huggies are more expensive / usually understocked in the popular size range / some other reason.

Many thanks

Personally, I prefer cloth over disposable diapers purely for the comfort factor. I still use disposable diapers for daytime use.

There is nothing like the feeling of waking up in a cozy warm bulky wet cloth diaper. A disposable, under the same circumstances, in my experience, will always have leaked a bit, which causes a part of me to be cold.

I prefer Tena Slip Maxi Med as the disposable for fit, absorbancy, and reliability. The Tena is discreet enough to hide unnoticed under my clothes, but think and absorbant enough to last a full morning or afternoon. Since I order these on the net, there is a large range available to me. It took me a while trying the Tena with its fit, to learn to fully trust them. The thicker diapers (XPlus / Bambinos etc) I hove only ordered in sample packs, and have, even with the small quantity, found that they are almost too thick to walk with, yet some tend to bunch padding, and also the wetness between my legs which only increase the walking difficulty and then leak when I sit / move.

I voted disposables because I get them supplied, but I like terry cloth diapers because you can make them as thick as you want for boombproof night diapers

I use mainly Abena x-plus because that what I get supplied, it used to be molicare super-plus and they did fit me better and I liked them performance wise too.

I tend to use cloth pull on nappies of an extra large size over my disposables and good fitting plastic pants, very rarely have leaks and that's what nightime diapering isall about for me.

I have got used to being wet in the morning I have never got used to the bed being wet, between my damaged bladder and Diabetes I pee like a fire engine while asleep.

I mostly use cloth in and near home. For camp I got Bambinos Classicos. I just think they will be more fun than stuff i can get at Wallmart. The expense of the Bambinos is not an issue as I buy very few packages of disposables in a year.

Guest Baby Tiana

I've only used disposables, although I would love to try out cloth diapers. They're better for the earth compared to disposables. I guess one day I will get to use them... maybe then I will even be able to find a place that cleans them. I'm sure it would cost me more, but they probably can do a much better job, and use less water than I may.

I grew up in cloth diapers, not that i remember that long back. But from the pictures I was always in a cloth diaper. I wear disposable diapers these days, however I am a firm believer that I can not knock something unless I try it. I had my concerns about cloth diapers...

1. putting one on, how do you do it?

Good thing for the internet, anyone can learn these days... I am a visual type of person.

2. Washing of cloth diapers

So I jumped at the first chance to try cloth diapers. The soft feeling against the skin was something I do not get from wear a disposable diaper... So any change I get i wear cloth diapers. Of course have to wear plastic pants as well...

I wear purple prevail disposables ....my insurance pay for them ...also prevail pull up protective you underwear . sometimes I buy goodnites.

I would like to try some of the brands talked about here

many many years ago i wore cloth snap on diapers ...comfortable mostly except for some of the older over washed ones . I do want to wea cloth again

Since getting back into diapers I have never tried cloth ones. As my 'hobby' is for most part a secret I think I'd struggle to launder cloth diapers and it's certainly a lot easier to bin a disposable. Maybe in the near future I'll buy one just to try it out and then throw it away.

As for brands, I;ve bought quite a few different ones on the net, my last was a case on Abri X Plus from Dorset Nursing Supplies and I have to agree with most reviews I've read that they are easily the best diaper. As I don't wear 24/7 I love the thickness and great absorbancy

Sposies while out of the house and cloth at home. I have made cloth pocket diapers from a pattern, tried creating my own pattern and bought different cloth diapers from online sellers. Soon I'll try my next idea for pocket cloth diaper and will let people here know how it goes. So far, all of the cloth diapers on the market scale up baby diapers and don't take the differences in dimensions in account. For example, while Bambinos and ABU diapers are very baby-like, the tapes don't make the seal at the legs that adults need and that the quality adult diapers that are not AB oriented have.

To those who haven't tried cloth, it's not just prefolds, pins and vinyl baby pants any more. Once I find a modern solution that doesn't leak, need pins or baby pants and is easy to wash I'll share the good news. At that point, those of us that have the privacy and laundry equipment should try it for the cost savings, the environment and the comfort. As for the AB aspects, you can really customize cloth diapers!

I wear a cheap pull-up disposable for workdays and places where I want maximum discretion B) I prefer cloth diapers most other times, and always at night :D I also wear 'Wellness day and nighttime' disposable briefs (store brand CVS) when I want more protection than the pull-ups give me without the bulkiness of a cloth diaper :blush: I always wear plastic panties since I don't want leaks with a couple of exceptions: If I'm not leaking badly I wear Salk PUL "Sani-pants"for a discreet diaper cover, or for maximum discretion a pair of satin women's panties which really smoothes out the lines and bulges :) I'd love to wear some nicer brief style (tape-on) diapers but cost is a huge issue here :(

Bettypooh

Cloth is more expensive to get started with and does make more wash. I do prefer the feel of cloth over disposable. Additionally, I admit to a vinyl fetish and love the required plastic pants. They have such a wonderful smell and feel when they are new.

As to disposables, I prefer plastic backed to cloth backed.