LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

300 Dollars

So I've recently come into money, and by "come into" I mean I got a veryyy nice paycheck. ^_^

Anyway, I've got about 300 dollars that I can blow any way I want. Well, I have more like 400, but I'm going to try Molicares after successfully trying Bambinos and Abenas. And after taking a gander at my wardrobe and realizing I only have two rompers and one very, very frilly dress, I figured I'd try to get some clothes or "accessories" for my AB life. So then I searched the internet all weekend and found the same stuff I always find...

So I'm asking everyone on here what they think I should buy. I've got a nice frilly dress already, so I'm looking for more of realistic baby outfits. I don't want to put any labels, because I'm letting people be creative. Then again, if you find something uber cute and frilly, I might still get it anyway. :P

Accessories (i.e. bottles, pacis, mittens, booties, plastic panties, trainers [which aren't qualified as diapers to me], underwear [blasphemy], shoes, etc...) are also good suggestions.

But I'd like to order something by Friday.

-Sophie

I feel like this is a contest, and the winner should get a prize... >.<

YOU'RE going to get the prize, Sophie! Good for you getting that money and being able to spend it on yourself.

From the sound of it, you're looking for people to come up with ideas you haven't run across... You're going to hear a LOT about stuff you've already seen, because after all there's only so much out there.

What sort of stuff do you MOST want yourself? Is there an ideal bottle you have in your mind? Describe it and let people suggest where to get it. (I have one I love, but I haven't seen one like it since I got mine). In terms of paci's, threads on here have pretty much exhausted descriptions, etc.

Would you want to try cloth diapers?

I'm sure you'd love a bunch of cute baby girl stuff too - gosh so many descriptions out there already - so many suppliers suggested.

Don't let yourself be overwhelmed. You've got plenty of money there...give yourself a little bit of time to come up with a list of what you would really love to have - prioritize - then let people know what it is YOU want most. From there, I'm sure you'll still get a bunch of suggestions either for specific items (and suppliers) or at least some great leads on suppliers and products you might want to track down. And as I'm sure you know, specify which side of the ocean you want to order from, if you do have a preference.

spend, spend, spend!!! - but at the same time, be a little frugal (wise spending as opposed to just random). Although spending that much can be a challenge by Friday, I still bet you'll come up with a LOT of great stuff!

I'd like SOMETHING other than the baby bottle I have... but it's not high on my priority list and I can't find anything I don't think is ridiculous looking.

I'd like a new NUK 5 because mine disappeared on me (probably a friend wanted it more than I did and forgot to ask to borrow it. lol) But Pacifiers R Us doesn't have ones I find particularly traditional baby-girl-ish. And the other one was a gift, so I'm clueless as to where to get a new one.

I actually own three cloth diapers, and although they are soft, they aren't my thing. I wear them when I am feeling needy for bulk, but I never wet them. At least they were rather cheap though. Thank you ACD ^_^

Honestly, I'm mostly looking for the standard type little girl play dresses, but not too plain looking. I'm not really sure exactly what I want through, which is why I'm leaving most creative freedoms open to the people who know the AB/DL portions of the web top to bottom. Plus, if anyone links me to a site I haven't seen before, I'm likely to scope out everything on the site, not just the item they sent me.

But I also need accessories. I didn't add bibs to the list, but they should be on there. But all that stuff are things that I need as a baby girl, but are often so small I pass them by without a second thought. Then I get sad later when I don't have a proper item. >.<

Anyway, I hope that helps some...

Mostly, I'm looking for creativity. I'm hoping I'll get linked to some places I didn't know existed.

-Sophie

Sophie....

If you want to try Molicares I have about 25 of them that I am trying to get rid of. If you want them you can have them for $15 plus shipping. By the way they are Large.

Ok, my advice is not the most exciting, but it might be the most practical.

Take half of the money and put it away. Why? Whatever reason works for you, a rainy day, future fun fund, etc. Spend the rest on what makes you happy now. Maybe some plastic frilly panties, or a nice bra set... whatever makes you happy.

This way down the road when something tempts your eye, and you know something always will, you will have the money to indulge and spoil yourself.

My 1/15000 of $300 cents ;-)

It was actually a larger check. It's just I got roughly 300 more than I usually do because I worked my butt off the past two weeks. I already have some set aside in case things take a turn for the worse in my life. But thank you for the suggestion.

Right now I'm mostly leaning toward a jumper dress of sorts... still not sure where to get it though, or what it'll look like. It's just on the top of my list of wanted items.

-Sophie

So I've recently come into money, and by "come into" I mean I got a veryyy nice paycheck. ^_^

Anyway, I've got about 300 dollars that I can blow any way I want.

So I'm asking everyone on here what they think I should buy.

-Sophie

Sophie

Might I suggest you use that extra cash to get something custom made for yourself. Perhaps a "bubble" sun-suit? Hu? What?! Before your time there was the great Sears catalog with all the fashions for the best babies and toddlers. Find an old catalog and look for something pictured that you would like. Then use that cash to have it made. Seamstresses are plentiful and many will protect your privacy. Just show them the pic of what you want and ask them to make one in your size of material you choose. It would truely be a Sophie original. Bet you could get it done for less than $100.

You've earned it. Treat yourself!

HAPPINESS IS WEARING COTTON DIAPERS

...actually, that's a good idea...

If I successfully spend 275 of it on things I want by Friday, 25 goes to DailyDipaers! So you guys better kick it up a notch with helpin' me!

Moogs did convince me to get a sleeper (although I have one) from JumpinJammiez because they're amazing apparently. So that's 40 dollars down.

-Sophie

I adore that site. :) I have a dress from there...

http://www.thesissystore.com/sissy-dresses/satin-pretty-sissy-baby-dress?cPath=42

Thanks to Bethany :)

I miss her. :(

But thank you. When I'm not dying of bathroom needs and can consider things better, I'll look again.

As of now, I'm waiting to test out what exactly a stuffer and an Abena can do. :X

-Sophie

I know you said you put some away, but you may want to think about the more distant future. Personally I would spend $100 for instant gratification, but put the rest in savings.

Also if you are not living at home you really need to have in savings an 8 month emergency fund. Watch some Suze Orman sometime, she has really great financial advice. Love her motto, "People First, then Money, then Things."

I know you said you put some away, but you may want to think about the more distant future. Personally I would spend $100 for instant gratification, but put the rest in savings.

Also if you are not living at home you really need to have in savings an 8 month emergency fund. Watch some Suze Orman sometime, she has really great financial advice. Love her motto, "People First, then Money, then Things."

being the tightwad I am, I agree with the above as well. Suzy has it going on and is very worth listening to. Sure it's nice to go shopping and feel 'free' to spend etc, but you never know when you will need some extra bucks, and it bothers me seeing young people spend like there is no tomorrow and then have to run around 'borrowing' from whom ever because they are broke :(

It never hurts to save, and I lost count of the times that my investment portfolio has come to my rescue and bailed my butt out, when I needed some extra cash. It's embarrassing, but Ii am very thankful that I have what I have, and I am a B*I*G proponent of saving for later on. You don't know what can or will happen, and I am wondering how many people would have been able to keep their homes had the been more diligent savers. Sure, it's ok to reward yourself for your hard work, but hold back as much as possible...yo will always know where is is and you wont miss it. "Stuff" can only go so far, but a savings account properly fed will last a lifetime. :thumbsup:

I work with young people and I try to get them to save more and spend less, but it's difficult because there seems to be no "immediate gratification' as opposed to going out to get a new tat or some other doo dad which will end up in the back of a cabinet somewhere. Just put away 10-20% (more if you can) because the stuff will always be there, but your opportunities to save and have a bit more for tomorrow are always passing you by.

Please enjoy....carefully.

qwack

I would agree with the savings thing as well if not for the distant future, for something ABish that pops up, maybe in a month or so. As for custom clothes, go to ebay and ask any of the major sellers of custom babywear for adults on there. Most advertise the option of working with you to make what you want, how you want.

One thing that hasn't been mentioned is perhaps a small trip to one of the near by munches to meet with others. If your bold enough take that frilly dress you already have and go with the "gang" to a pride parade.! I know meeting others seems scary but once you do it, you'll find you had nothing to worry about and it's really a fun experience. The one Glenn hosts seems like a great time and he seems to have a pretty good showing of boy and girls too. Just throwing out that Idea for you as your not all to far from them.

You do realize that whatever you buy you must model it for us right? :whistling:

*stomps foot and crosses arms, sticking my lower lip out*

I DONT WANNA SAVE MONEY!

On the contrary, I am rather extravagant with my funds. I am a good saver; the only one in my family mind you... I wouldn't be spending any money at all if, for a second, I thought it'd be put to better use if saved. I've just been really down lately about my wardrobe, and the internet taunts me. I figure a new outfit or two, some purple Molis, and a new paci would really brighten up my month.

Also, I found a site with pacis I want... and now I forgot what it was... *facepalm*

Repaid: FANTASTIC idea. I didn't even think of that, but I've been wanting to go to one of those munches for a while... although I'd like it if an AB friend or something went with me (even though most of mine live quite far away). I get shy when I'm alone... and I'm no fun shy! Trust me. It's like the chatterbox has a lock on it. Can you link me to a post from Glenn about these things? I think I saw one a month or so back, but I'm sure I'm too late.

...my car is an issue though. It can't stand long voyages. So I can't be driving cross country. About down to where you live, Repaid, is as far as I've ever gone...

And I fully intend to show off at least a majority of what I purchase. :) Although I'm thinking of getting a dress that takes 22 days to make/ship... which means it'll be a while before the pictures go public. :(

I've had real self esteem boosts recently though; namely Pudding telling me I look natural in diapers, as if I was born to wear them. >.< Insanity, but the most flattering comment I ever got. ^_^ Anyway, I am excited about getting some pictures up. :)

-Sophie Ellyn

http://shop.inner-child.co.uk/index.php?p=product&id=343&parent=15

That's #1 on my list so far for pacis... and shipping isn't bad at all!

However, it would make more sense for me to get a second paci that's blue, white, or purple... I wear cool colors about 1480217 times more than warm colors when I'm dressed in adult clothes. And I'd like a paci that I can use in my big girl geddup too. It's not a rule that I gotta be diapered to use my paci, and I like to look good. ;)

But that site has no purple, the blues seem too boy-ish, and the white one is the standard and it seems plain...

-Sophie <pickiest girl ever

I'm also thinking the purple one on the the right...

http://www.pacifiersrus.com/index_006.htm

But I fear the guard size will be too small to make me feel properly babyish... it's about a half an inch smaller than the standard white ones... :(

-Sophie

Sophie, I was actually thinking maybe a public transportation like a greyhound bus or something, perhaps someone in your area with a more reliable vehicle (Trust me I know the feeling) that you could car pool with for the long haul. Just look up the NJ munches I remember he hosts them up there as well, I know he varies them all over the states. I actually want to attend one as well, but the Honda needs about a whole new front end rebuild and I don't want to take my truck as the gas would eat me up. Oh well...Nevin said something about a Ohio Camp-out but I haven't looked it up yet. Maybe some day huh?

:) I'd be very interested in this.

I did look something up online about it though and the AB thing for Michi didn't seem too interesting... I'd like more of a sleepover sort of deal. Something where we could be more "ourselves". I'd have to check OH though. It seems more promising.

-Sophie

I own a few footed pajamas, a couple of which are from jumpin jammerz. Sometime ago they switched from manujacturing in Canada (nice) to China (not so nice) and the quality shows it.

I say if you're going to spend that much on clothing, have it custom made. It will fit so much nicer. Dont know about you, but everything I've bought has always been slightly off in the sizing, and how nice would it be to have something that fit perfectly. Doesn't happen often for the tall folk, at least.

And saving a little aint so bad!