LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Baby Scented Items

Purchasing some Pampers scented wipes today got me questioning what other baby products have a good 'baby' scent... it's pretty much the only reason I buy certain baby items and I would like to know if there's more I'm missing out on!

I use the classic Johnson and Johnson's powder. I've tried other brands, but they just don't have the same zest in the smell. Does anyone prefer any other brands for powder? What about a good 'baby scent' lotion? Any more babyish smelling wipes than the baby fresh out there?

Feel free to add whatever baby aromas you like :)

I like the j&j lavender bath wash and body lotion... makes my skin smooth, makes me nice and sleepy, and makes me smell just like a lil baby.

also any sort of kids bubble bath puts me right in the baby mood, not just cause of playing with the bubbles, but the smell, because i have adult bubble bath and it doesn't have the same effect.

• Like 1

I will try some of those out. currently I am enamored with the smell of J&J powder and pampers themselves. I gotta be kinda discrete though, cant have too much baby smell action letting my folks know something is up...

Yeah... That's something to be careful of. Especially for those of us who shower after work, instead of before (if you work in a grimy profession, it's about as pointless as washing off a truck before driving through a mudhole to bother with showering beforehand). I guess my nose isn't sensitive enough or something, as I can't tell the difference between J&J baby powder and the off-brand stuff...

Yankee%20Candle%20GIF-%20Baby%20Powder%20625.gif

huh... as if! :o

My favorite has to be Parent's Choice (wal mart brand) diaper rash cream. (zinc oxide)

The smoothest and babiest smell next to pampers baby fresh IMO... Plus it's been the most effective for me to prevent diaper rash, even better than desitin...

I just bought a 3-sample set Mommies Scents - a one ounce bottle of each "Diaper Fresh" "Baby Powder" and "Magic Lotion". They are supposed to be super super strong with just one drop making a crazy scent. Might be too much, but I guess my room will smell like a nursery instead of an Amsterdam coffee shop hahaha.

I'll post an update when I get the scents!

-JeiSiN

On the occasion that I do need powder, I use Johnson's baby powder for that authentic smell. This is about my only AB-related item, being something like 90% DL. :thumbsup:

I LOVE the J&J Baby Bath, the smell of it with the running water, and the feel of it on my body when I'm soaking in it. I always get scented wipes, any quality name brand. With baby powder I'm pretty much OK with even the generic brands. Oh! and I really want to get one of those candles! :D I didn't know they made a powder scented one!

Guest Wetnmessy247

Baby powder scented candles???

Damn, I know what I'm getting.

Is the term "baby scented items" a relative term? Because babies can smell messy too. If so....I love the smell of a messy diaper. :blush:

I also love the smell of a freshly opened package of pampers. Heavenly scent.

If it were okay for a stranger in this world to sniff a baby without any....legal....repercussions, I would totally smell a baby wearing a diaper. :blush:

I like the Huggies Wipes w/ green tea and cucumber scent:

http://www.amazon.com/HUGGIES-Naturally-Refreshing-Wipes-Cucumber/dp/B001P4W74C

Johnson and Johnson Shampoo:

http://www.amazon.com/Johnsons-Baby-Shampoo-15-Ounce-Bottles/dp/B001E96MJY/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=baby-products&qid=1272085681&sr=1-1

Johnson and Johnson "Pink" Lotion:

http://www.amazon.com/Johnsons-Baby-Lotion-15-Ounce-Bottles/dp/B001ECQ552/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=baby-products&qid=1272085556&sr=1-1

I think those are the Big 3 for me. The crazy thing is that Huggies didn't make those wipes when I was a baby, but Johnsons did make those 2 scents. As such I don't know if there is a correlation or not.

However, someone mentioned "Mommies Scents" these are strong, but don't smell like anything else in the baby market. I recommend staying away from these.

Guest Wetnmessy247

Best smell in the world is the smell of a freshly opened pack if Pampers baby diapers.

Sooooo nice. For real. If the only thing I could smell was fresh pampers for the rest of my life, I would be sooo happy.

I'm surprised no one here (even myself) has mentioned the awesome "foody childhood smells"...Smells like chocolate chip cookies, baking pies, birthday cakes...Or for me, the smell of fresh baked bread.

Probably not what the OP is getting at, but still...

~ moogle

I have Pampers Baby Fresh wipes, and will exclusively use those because of their scent. Other scents I have found that are sweet enough to be bABy are Pink Sugar by Aqualina (found at Sephora and other fragrance retailers) and the J&J baby cologne, although Mommy doesn't care for lavender, so she's not as big on that one -

Routinely, I use Pink Sugar to accent my regular scents, like the Zirh fragrance for men. Adds a sweet touch to the fruity tones, and I get compliments everywhere I go when I'm wearing it. . .

I also use the J&J Cucumber Melon baby lotion, which is a fresh scent that's suitable for little boys as well as little girls. I have yet to try the Pink kind, but that's next on my list, just to see if I like it.

Whatever happened to Baby Magic? They used to have really good baby scents, but kinda fizzled out after the turn of the century -

I can't speak to the smell of freshly opened packages of disposable (your brand here) diapers. I seldom use disposables and those I do just seem to smell like paper products. But I love the smell of fluffy white sunshine line dried gauze diapers. Just makes me want to put them on and wet them again!

Also, at craft stores like Michael's and Hobby Lobby one can purchase "Baby Powder" scents. I keep a little half-ounce bottle in the ash tray of my car and refresh my air freshener with a drop or two when needed. Others do not seem to notice the smell of my car, but I do and like it.

HAPPINESS IS WEARING COTTON DIAPERS

Without a doubt it's Desitin diaper rash ointment. I still remember that smell from when I was a little kid. Since my bottom got a bit chapped this morning on my walk from my temporary apartment back to the house and office (we got vandalized a couple of weeks ago) I smeared some on. Even though I've washed my hands, I can still smell the scent on my fingers.