LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

What Would You Do If You Found Your Job Posted Online?

your job is available ???  

22 members have voted

1. 1. what would you do if you found your boss is advertising for your job

• quit right NOW!
    • wait to quit untill the worst time for the company
    • wait and see do your job as if you did not know
    • wait and see but don't give 100% effort
    • pull the "Office Space" i'm not going to work , but i'm not quitting
    • other

Ok I had a very small argument with my boss on friday.... meaning he asked a question and my answer was short and precise and to the point BUT was not what he wanted and I had no idea what he wanted me to say.... so he got heated.... today i see my job is advertised online... oh yeah another co worker had a conflict with the boss on friday (NOT related) and his job is posted as well......

what would you do?

I would reply to the ad for the job under a different name. Then when you got a interview walk into the bosses office or whatever and let it go from there. :whistling:

Take your talents, skills and education to another company that has more respect for you and better leadership. Get a new job!

Personally, I would assume they were hiring me some much needed help. I would probably ask, innocently, if that were the case.

Call in requests for all of the local stations to play "Take This Job And Shove It!" and then turn the rest of the family against the offending employer. They'd be out of business in about a week or 2, considering the fact that about half the county is family. Yay for country life...

If I found my job posted online or wherever I'd probably already know about it.

But speaking as someone who recruits and trains people for a living, constantly recruiting in a company is a very good way to seperate the wheat from the chaff.

Depending on what you do, try and prove your worth, step up to the plate and watch everything you do.

Any firm (that wants to preserve itself) needs a reason to fire you, so don't give them one.

And if you're sure you already have, start making inroads to a new job while still doing the best you can there.

But don't whatever you do just throw your keys in without letting the situation. The reason for this ad may not be aimed at you. Company expansion, giving you assistance, promotion?

Its not the end of the world. yet.

I would reply to the ad for the job under a different name. Then when you got a interview walk into the bosses office or whatever and let it go from there. :whistling:

I'm with repaid on this one, If he want's to hire the other you that proves your worth to the company right there.

plus it's worth it just for the look on his face! :o

If I found my job posted online or wherever I'd probably already know about it.

But speaking as someone who recruits and trains people for a living, constantly recruiting in a company is a very good way to seperate the wheat from the chaff.

Depending on what you do, try and prove your worth, step up to the plate and watch everything you do.

Any firm (that wants to preserve itself) needs a reason to fire you, so don't give them one.

And if you're sure you already have, start making inroads to a new job while still doing the best you can there.

But don't whatever you do just throw your keys in without letting the situation. The reason for this ad may not be aimed at you. Company expansion, giving you assistance, promotion?

No offense, but at 20 years old how the HECK do you recruit and train people for a living??? I hadda ask! :whistling:

I would prob agree with you however i have been with the comp 2.5 years and the owner and i have never gotten along, even tho the rest of the staff respect my abilities and skills and constantly tell him he still acts like i have no skills always intterupts me when i give an idea or try to help in meetings.

based on the turn around in my postion over the years and his comments and attitude he has never respected the position i'm in although he knows how critical to the rest of his business it is.... so he has no respect for a position and anyone who is in it.... even tho i have proved over the last years that i am able to do almost everyone elses position when needed (i am the only one in the comp with the skills to do so_) he still says and has the attitude "oh hes just a ________ guy, he cant be correct."

It looks like you are between the proverbial "rock and a hard place." I can give you the perspective of an owner of a small business (13 employees plus the 3 owners). If the owner of the business doesn't really like you and there are no other owners supporting your position; to be blunt your days are numbered. I don't know any other way to put this, and typing it out is probably going to sound harsh and insensitive, but we who own a business see no reason to have people under our employ that we dislike. Not that we want to be best buddies with everyone which is a different recipe for disaster; but why put up with it? Yes, it is a case of "been there, done that." But that was case of one of my business partners under whom the person worked that was reluctant to terminate, in the end that employee quit.

My advice; if you can't repair the relationship to everyone's satifaction including yours then start job hunting. If Florida is an "at will" hire state like Tennesssee he doesn't need much of an excuse to terminate an employee and it doesn't look like you are in any protected group.

For those members here in foreign countries, unemployment (i.e. redundancy) is administered by the individual states, payment amounts vary as do elibility requirements. The federal government is only a financial backstop if state funds run out. Except in the case of a layoff for lack of work, benefits are not guaranteed. Though I have found that during the current Great Recession Tennessee has been very lenient about approving payments.

Finally, this is no way meant to say any of this is the OP's fault. Sometimes personalities just don't work well together. In small companies it is just more difficult to mask it.

Good luck, I hope you can work it all out.

I'm in a strange sort of position, and this post made me kinda think. I've worked at my current job for over 7 years now, and it was sold to a new owner a few years ago. The new owner is...thick headed. Due mostly to his arrogance, all the other employees have either quit or retired.

Now, I was capable of running all the production operations (except one that is a special skill) before he bought the company, and can recall around 90% of all the jobs we've done since I started there. I love the work but dislike the boss, and he seems to think I'm an idiot, despite the fact that I get the work out day after day. :P He even fired me about a year ago, then asked the old owner to basically beg me to come back.

I got a dollar an hour raise and I got to cut back my hours to a schedule that works for me :) Some days I still wonder if it's worth dealing with him. I almost wish I had something like the OP happen, I'd say 'Good Luck, Boss' in about thirty seconds. I'm on a first-name basis with someone in most the companies in town, besides the fact that I don't absolutely need the work, I just like working with the people.

No offense, but at 20 years old how the HECK do you recruit and train people for a living??? I hadda ask! :whistling:

Simple.

Work 14 hour days 6 days a week from 17 and decide not to have a social life while slowly but surely becoming very good at what you do. Im 21 very shortly too :P

no comments from the owner but i spoke with my supervisor who said.... "sometimes its my job, sometimes its the HR job, sometimes its your job, when he gets upset at people the job goes up on careerbuilder.com or other sites they think dosent get looked at, untill he calms down."

SOOOO i guess if this big project goes good it will be all good untill he has a prob with me again.... so sad its his first reaction....

Simple.

Work 14 hour days 6 days a week from 17 and decide not to have a social life while slowly but surely becoming very good at what you do. Im 21 very shortly too :P

:thumbsup::whistling:

:thumbsup::whistling:

I get that sort of reaction alot from the people who I employ when they find out my age.

But Ive worked very hard for my position and those who disregard my yoof do tend to be quite successful.

But then you can't change every ones opinion of "Im not taking lessons from a kid".

OP, sounds like your boss has poor people management skills...or on the flip side you have poor perception skills.

Regardless of how this turns out you should invest a little time in self evaluation as you may run the risk of getting stuck in a "rut".

If its correct that he's done this before then he may well be doing it to either spark some debate or information from you and the rest of the workforce. In various ways.

I get that sort of reaction alot from the people who I employ when they find out my age.

But Ive worked very hard for my position and those who disregard my yoof do tend to be quite successful.

But then you can't change every ones opinion of "Im not taking lessons from a kid".

OP, sounds like your boss has poor people management skills...or on the flip side you have poor perception skills.

Regardless of how this turns out you should invest a little time in self evaluation as you may run the risk of getting stuck in a "rut".

If its correct that he's done this before then he may well be doing it to either spark some debate or information from you and the rest of the workforce. In various ways.

i had another chat with my supervisor today he said... "I'm On your side... he just being an asshole, i have gotten calls from people i know asking about the job and i'm telling them its not available its an error... if we interview people we will not make them an offer....."

so as i knew before my imeadiate bosses and co workers dont wont me gone at least i have thier respect. or at least they want me around long enough to find a sutable replacement.....

i had another chat with my supervisor today he said... "I'm On your side... he just being an asshole, i have gotten calls from people i know asking about the job and i'm telling them its not available its an error... if we interview people we will not make them an offer....."

so as i knew before my imeadiate bosses and co workers dont wont me gone at least i have thier respect. or at least they want me around long enough to find a sutable replacement.....

but i dont trust them taht much i will keep all my options and EYES open ....

While I haven't been in the position of having my job advertised online for new hires, I was recently laid off after working for a company for the last five months (and doing a decent job, as I understand it). Apparently, the company is in a position where, to make one project work, it needed to start cutting back all its temp positions, and even though I was the receptionist for the branch where I worked, I was still a temp and therefore had to be let go. Now, I was given a week's notice, but I resolved to do my best and earn every cent of that final paycheck, and when I left on that following Friday, I had no real regrets. If nothing else, I figure that being a good sport about it would reflect well on my part, and it is quite possible that they could always hire me back if the company's fortunes improve.

I put down on the poll that it'd be best to just keep doing your work as best as you can. If they have to let you go, then at least you can say that you were a diligent employee up to the very end.