LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Sarah Silverman: I Was A Teenage Bedwetter

Sarah Silverman: I was a teenage bedwetter

US comedienne Sarah Silverman has confessed that she wet the bed until she was 16 and even used to hide nappies from her friends during camping trips.

The funnygirl, 39, who came clean about her bedwetting past in her new, appropriately named memoir, The Bedwetter, opened up to Playboy about the problem that plagued her as an adolescent.

She said: 'I was so tortured about it growing up.

'It was something I thought would always be the biggest secret of my life. When you're a kid that's how hopeless everything seems.'

Silverman said that she didn't realise she had a problem until she was in her early teens and realised her friends didn't wet their beds.

She said: 'I remember going on a camping trip when I was 13 and hiding diapers in the bottom of my sleeping bag.

'Diapers! I slipped into them in my sleeping bag when everybody else was asleep.'

She said the problem finally stopped when she was 16 years old.

She said: 'I think I just had to grow out of it… I think wetting the bed was just part of my adolescence.”

She added: 'I went to hypnotherapy for a while, but it never worked.'

Read more: http://www.monstersandcritics.com/people/news/article_1543870.php/Sarah-Silverman-I-was-a-teenage-bedwetter#ixzz0jGt0oYpH

I love SS, her comedy and her show always have some elements of ab/dl interests. just the fact that she was a bedwetter and diaper wearer, she might still have some proclivities towards diapers. Cute, funny, and wets the bed, 3 of my top 5 qualities I look for in my future wife. :lol:

I love SS, her comedy and her show always have some elements of ab/dl interests. just the fact that she was a bedwetter and diaper wearer, she might still have some proclivities towards diapers. Cute, funny, and wets the bed, 3 of my top 5 qualities I look for in my future wife. :lol:

I was reading a while back about when Sarah was fired from Saturday night live that she started having bedwetting accidents again for a while after she was fired from the show.

I found those 3 qualities in my wife.

Cute, funny and she wets the bed. She also makes more money than I do, not a lot, but a few thousand.

So what are your other 2 qualities you look for?

I'd settle for the 3 :thumbsup:

Lmao yes pretty much, whys it always famous people who suck. Like her show... its like blaaaaaa borrrring....

Yeah... I think it's the druggies who make up her show's main viewership or something...

Yeah... I think it's the druggies who make up her show's main viewership or something...

wha?! I actually find her to be grotesque but I know a few people who watch her and think its funny.

they arent into drugs at all. everyone has their tastes. I like eddie izzard, mitch hedberg, and amazingly enough...bob sagat.

I don't know who Sara Silverman is. :blush: If she made it to television she's either connected or really smart and motivated. I couldn't tell from reading the posts. They were interesting. Some people like TV. I'd rather read a book, or write a story. I do like movies, but I checked and I have no movies with Silverman in the cast! Still, I give her a thumbs up :thumbsup: for fessing up! Thanks for the interesting posts!

I don't know who Sara Silverman is. :blush: If she made it to television she's either connected or really smart and motivated. I couldn't tell from reading the posts. They were interesting. Some people like TV. I'd rather read a book, or write a story. I do like movies, but I checked and I have no movies with Silverman in the cast! Still, I give her a thumbs up :thumbsup: for fessing up! Thanks for the interesting posts!

She's a comic who got a show on Comedy Central. The show is really quite dull, with her playing a woman who's so stupid that she makes Ralph Wiggum look like Stephen Hawking... It's really a pity, as her actual comic works are quite funny.

• 1 month later...

I am beginning to think that little Mrs. Silverman has a fetish. She titled her autobiography "The Bedwetter: Stories of Courage, Redemption, and Pee." It seems like she wants to make sure that everyone knows how much time she spent peeing herself. She's talked in interviews before about having to wear diapers because of her control issues; has anyone checked it out to see how much bedwetting/diaper content there is in the book?

I am beginning to think that little Mrs. Silverman has a fetish. She titled her autobiography "The Bedwetter: Stories of Courage, Redemption, and Pee." It seems like she wants to make sure that everyone knows how much time she spent peeing herself. She's talked in interviews before about having to wear diapers because of her control issues; has anyone checked it out to see how much bedwetting/diaper content there is in the book?

Having long been a fan of Sarah Silverman, the second I read about her book, I pre-ordered it. Clearly up to age 16 Sarah did have a significant bedwetting problem. Because she did not reach puberty until after she gained bladder control, technically her condition was Primary Nocturnal Enuresis. From the way she discusses all the downsides of bedwetting, I doubt she has a diaper affectation fetish. I feel her book is very well written and entertaining. It does not seem to be intended as a text book. People should buy Cheryle B Gartley's Managing Incontinence if a reference book is needed. About half of The Bedwetter is devoted to enuresis.

As they became available my husband Don and I have purchased DVD of Sarah's TV series. Season One is one set, while Season Two is divided into two parts. Her episode titled "Pee" is part of Season Two, Part 2. While her Season Three was being broadcast we recorded it. Comedy Central recently announced they were not going to carry a Season Four.

To me the very best way to appreciate Sarah Silverman is live in-person. A big advantage to living in the Los Angeles/Hollywood area is that she does often perform at local venues, so I have seen her in-person many times.

• 2 weeks later...

Clearly up to age 16 Sarah did have a significant bedwetting problem. Because she did not reach puberty until after she gained bladder control, technically her condition was Primary Nocturnal Enuresis.

Wait ... are you saying that Sarah Silverman didn't have sexual desires or even reach puberty until after she turned 16? That would be very unusual. The first physical sign of puberty in girls is usually a firm, tender lump under the center of the areola of one or both breasts, occurring on average at about 10.5 years of age.*

(*Marshall, William A.; Tanner, JM (1986). "Chapter 8: Puberty". in Falkner F, Tanner JM, eds.. Human Growth: A Comprehensive Treatise (2nd ed.). New York: Plenum Press. pp. 171–209. ISBN 0-306-41952-1.)

Also, with all due respect, whether or not a person has reached puberty has little to do with the whether or not a person can be diagnosed with primary nocturnal enuresis.

Wait ... are you saying that Sarah Silverman didn't have sexual desires or even reach puberty until after she turned 16? That would be very unusual. The first physical sign of puberty in girls is usually a firm, tender lump under the center of the areola of one or both breasts, occurring on average at about 10.5 years of age.*

(*Marshall, William A.; Tanner, JM (1986). "Chapter 8: Puberty". in Falkner F, Tanner JM, eds.. Human Growth: A Comprehensive Treatise (2nd ed.). New York: Plenum Press. pp. 171–209. ISBN 0-306-41952-1.)

Also, with all due respect, whether or not a person has reached puberty has little to do with the whether or not a person can be diagnosed with primary nocturnal enuresis.

Apparently we use different medical reference books and consult different experts in the field of urology and juvenile/adolescent medicine. The definition of enuresis is that it occurs in pre-pubescent humans. So long as a person has not reached puberty, be that at 10.5 years or 16 years, that individual is still pre-pubescent.

Do qualified physicians practice medicine based on averages? Or do they examine individuals before making a diagnosis?

Of course we only have Sarah Silverman's word that she was 16 when she finally reached puberty. Her book is candid, but she has not taken a witness stand under oath to testify to any of this.

Of course we only have Sarah Silverman's word that she was 16 when she finally reached puberty. Her book is candid, but she has not taken a witness stand under oath to testify to any of this.

Huh. Well, I guess if that's her explanation of how she grew out of it, that's her explanation. You gotta wonder though. Most people start exploring their sexuality a long time before 16, and she's made herself into the most famously diapered bedwetting teenager in history. I mean, it seems way more likely that she just wants to inspire other bedwetters and let them know it's not the end of the world, but there's always a chance ...

Guest aielen

Sarah Silverman: I was a teenage bedwetter

US comedienne Sarah Silverman has confessed that she wet the bed until she was 16 and even used to hide nappies from her friends during camping trips.

The funnygirl, 39, who came clean about her bedwetting past in her new, appropriately named memoir, The Bedwetter, opened up to Playboy about the problem that plagued her as an adolescent.

She said: 'I was so tortured about it growing up.

'It was something I thought would always be the biggest secret of my life. When you're a kid that's how hopeless everything seems.'

Silverman said that she didn't realise she had a problem until she was in her early teens and realised her friends didn't wet their beds.

She said: 'I remember going on a camping trip when I was 13 and hiding diapers in the bottom of my sleeping bag.

'Diapers! I slipped into them in my sleeping bag when everybody else was asleep.'

She said the problem finally stopped when she was 16 years old.

She said: 'I think I just had to grow out of it… I think wetting the bed was just part of my adolescence.

• 1 month later...