LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Fetish Or Infantilisem

There has been so much said on these posts about fetish's and i was just woundering just how many here have a fetish or are involved in infantilisum.Cause there is a differance between the two as Turtelpins said

Google infantilism and read the psychological definitions and explanations. Infantilism, for me, involves regression to an infant state of mind. At that point I crawl into a corner of the couch, hold my blanket, suck on my pacifier, and retreat completely. I have to in order to survive. Diapers and baby things are anchor objects, if I remember correctly, that help the transference. It's been a while since I did any reading on that subject. I sincerely hope that helps you.

• Like 1

There has been so much said on these posts about fetish's and i was just woundering just how many here have a fetish or are involved in infantilisum.Cause there is a differance between the two as Turtelpins said

Here's some grammar help waynecook52. Maybe the grammar police will leave you alone if someone actually helps you, instead of pointing fingers. (Hint! Hint! Grammar police beware!) Anyway:

So much has been said in various posts about fetishes and infantilism. I was wondering what the difference was. Feel free to post if you're involved in either and please share your knowledge. Thank you.

Proper grammar is a sign of respect, and in a world that thinks and communicates linearly (Western European culture and business) it is an indicator of intellect and will. A great source for grammar is The Write Source 2000, a guide to thinking, learning, and writing. You should order one from amazon.com. A used copy runs about $3.50. Good luck.

• Like 1

This is fucked up please don't blaim me us English.

George, dear George! The use of profanity is indicative of a limited vocabulary and great disrespect for yourself and anyone else that might otherwise enjoy your post. Let me help you with an example as well:

Wow! I'm confused. Please don't blame me. Use English!

This aid was unsolicited but necessary in view of your insidiously heinous use of the English language. If you wish people to actually communicate in English, perhaps you might set an example for others to follow. Just a thought.

• Like 1

Here's some grammar help waynecook52. Maybe the grammar police will leave you alone if someone actually helps you, instead of pointing fingers. (Hint! Hint! Grammar police beware!) Anyway:

So much has been said in various posts about fetishes and infantilism. I was wondering what the difference was. Feel free to post if you're involved in either and please share your knowledge. Thank you.

Proper grammar is a sign of respect, and in a world that thinks and communicates linearly (Western European culture and business) it is an indicator of intellect and will. A great source for grammar is The Write Source 2000, a guide to thinking, learning, and writing. You should order one from amazon.com. A used copy runs about $3.50. Good luck.

Turtlepins i know the differance between the two.And seeing as people are starting to ansewer this post thay know what im saying.

• Like 1

You

Look not all of us are good at grammer.As long as people know what im saying and my spelling AINT THAT BAD what differance dose it make if i spell a few words wrong.We cant all spell good kido.

• Like 1

I avoid the term fetish because it typically is construed as something sexual--which being AB is for me, more about relieving stress and calming myself down.

Fetish, An abnormally obsessive preoccupation or attachment; a fixation.

I know, but when most people hear fetish, they automatically still jump to thinking of stuff between the sheets.....and I'm not like that as an AB.

It is clearly both.

To some there is no sexual aspect to this it's only stress relief or remembering the joy of youth. I think this is true for only a small portion of our community.

For most I think there is both. The sexual aspect drives the behavior but it also relives stress and provides comfort and great memories. The evidence for this is clear just look at the way AB related sites and business market their product to us. Photos, stories, products advertisement, all very sexual. most sites are limited to adults because of content. The content in most of the stories has some sort of sexual undertones. It would be difficult to argue otherwise.

Most groups like ours don't like to be called a fetish. But facts are facts and for the most part we are a fetish based group. Lucky for us the term fetish is gaining broader use and less stigmatism. There are all sorts of fetishes that are accepted by the general public. Cleaning, hording, foot, you get the idea.

Then there are those who the whole experience is sexual and a fetish there is little value or appreciation for the emotional bond to anything AB beyond the sex. Most of these are only part of the community because they want to tap into our pocket books. Or whose own sexual needs can be taped by working with those in our community. I.e. Mommies, baby sitters, nannies, or daddies who like to have a submissive.

Fortunately we all get together and make is work! That’s why we are a community! Yea

My advice is to get over it when people label you. I have been working for years to try and shape and reshape the image of our community. I have done this as most of you know by getting out and saying that it is ok to have fun and be yourself.

If you just want to come to the community and complain about the labels society gives us but then do nothing to inform the public or change that perception then "shut up already"!

If you don't like it do something. Of course most of you won’t, you will not want to risk exposure of your true feelings by speaking out or being active. You will want to stay hold up in the comfort of your closets. Note (I think that is just fine). But that is further evidence that you yourself view it as a fetish because you don't want it out.

I am not one who advertises my feeling everyday. I am not a Full time AB as Heidi Lynn was. Don't know anyone else that is. So yes I have a closet.

But I can be an activist by writing anonymissly to sites or editors when I find labels that I don't like of disapprove of. As well as my involvement in the Pride and Fetish events.

I know another lecture from Tami so I won’t rant further.

I love you all I just wish some more of you would be a little more active in spreading the good word.

"Calling all cars, calling all cars, thread hijacking in progress. Grammar police unit respond to scene immediately." :P

Seriously no one should expect perfect grammar on a message board like this one :o But everyone should put forth an effort at making their posts easily readable ;) Now back to the OP B)

Diapers mean different things to different people- some people seem to forget that sometimes :huh: Fetish, stress relief, medical need, infantilism, or just as a easy-to-use bathroom when needed- it's all for the good :D The key is to accept yourself and be open to those with differing points of view :) Everyone matters and has value- even the "grammar police" :rolleyes:

Making a getaway-

Bettypooh

I do it primarily to get my rocks off and I think that's just peachy. I'm not sure how it's any less important for me to have sexual release than it is for somebody else to regress to a infantlike state in an attempt to cope with reality.

George, dear George! The use of profanity is indicative of a limited vocabulary and great disrespect for yourself and anyone else that might otherwise enjoy your post. Let me help you with an example as well:

Voltaire cursed, so did Shakespeare.

Wow! I'm confused. Please don't blame me. Use English!

This aid was unsolicited but necessary in view of your insidiously heinous use of the English language. If you wish people to actually communicate in English, perhaps you might set an example for others to follow. Just a thought.

I can't particularly remember writing that, too many benzos that day.... But I do feel swearing brings a little colour into language, makes me feel more passionate.

I do it primarily to get my rocks off and I think that's just peachy. I'm not sure how it's any less important for me to have sexual release than it is for somebody else to regress to a infantlike state in an attempt to cope with reality.

Voltaire cursed, so did Shakespeare.

Excellent point!! I think that mr. Turtlepin`s response has more to do with his moral sensibilities being greatly offended, than anything to do with a lack of vocabulary. Sometimes, a pathetic "wow" just doesn`t cut it, you know. "Wow, how annoying, my cat got run over by a car!!" "Darnit, my sister was stabbed to death!!" I`m always amused how people with a clear moralistic agenda make this a matter of vocabulary, when it`s clear as day where they are truly coming from. :roflmao: