LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Could There Be A Connection To All This?

I have noticed in the AB/DL community, lot of us have a form of autism or ADHD, emotional problems, other learning disabilities, suffered child abuse, etc.

It started to make me think could there be a connection to all this for our fetish?

It seems like lot of aspies have this so it started to make me think could there be some connection between AS and this fetish? What about child abuse and this? What about other disabilities and this? Or is it all a big coincidence you think?

Not everyone is going to develop this fetish because sometimes people get it for no reason. Not all people who suffered child abuse are going to develop this fetish and not all aspies develop it either. Same goes for people who have other problems.

no connection, there are just as many people with ld, as, adhd, ocd, ts and any other abbreviation you want to give it who have no fetish's whatsoever and just enjoy normal regular sex.

there are very few vocal people on this board compared to the 10,000 + members. often those who have disorders that make social connections in 'the real world' or offline, complicated seek out internet bulletin boards and chat rooms where there is no need to read facial features or body language or to have to understand tone of voice and inflection, so these people may often be more vocal in a 'world' where you only have to type, and where the emoticons are clearly identifiable as happy, sad, etc...

• Like 1

I've noticed how most people don't use forums and those who do are mostly socially awkward or shy or outcasts, hikis or reclusive, but of course normal people can use forums too. I think that's why we see so many aspies online because I think it's more common for us to use the internet and chat. It's easier for us.

When I posted this at ADISC, pretty much everyone agreed who replied in it but everyone is entitled to their opinion. I am thinking there is a connection and like I say, everyone is different so not everyone is going to develop this fetish. Just like not all people develop schizophrenia when they have a messed up life or when something bad happened and not all child abuse victims grow up and be messed up adults. Not all kids who were forced to grow up grow up to be adult babies or kids who were bullied in their childhoods grow up to be adult babies.

I think that the possibility exists that there could be a connection... but perhaps only to people with certain personality types or something similar. Like some people are genetically predisposed towards getting certain diseases, so I suppose it is possible that people with certain personality types who sustain certain types of trauma may react in similar ways due to their similar personalities. (I'm not sure if any of that made sense, since it is late here and sometimes it's hard to get the thought from my head to paper in an understandable way.)

But given the fact that there are billions of people, there are endless combinations of personalities so I am not sure it is something that could ever be accurately tested.

My personal belief is that I think that there are certain things that can occur in one's childhood that may make you more prone to regressing and finding comfort in it. I believe that it depends on the situation that occurs and the individual person because every single person handles situations differently and situations affect different people in different ways. In that way I think that a link could possibly exist, but not a direct link that most people seem to think that there would be.

(And everything I say is geared towards those who find comfort in the diapers or lifestyle because in a way they 'need' it, not the ones who find it a find sexual pleasure in it.)

no connection, there are just as many people with ld, as, adhd, ocd, ts and any other abbreviation you want to give it who have no fetish's whatsoever and just enjoy normal regular sex.

I'm going to have to disagree with you a little bit there because you're always going to have some people whose disorders are associated with their interests. Some people have interests that have psychological/emotionally based roots.

Aspergers is the new cool disease to diagnose yourself with so it's running rampant on many internet forums. Even when a shrink diagnoses it a surprising number of kids "grow out of it", meaning is over diagnosed. And learning disabilities are very popular with the school systems right now because it's easier to drug the kid than tell parents they are doing something wrong and they need to make lifestyle changes.

Not sure about sexual abuse. It seems pretty common of these kinds of forums but in real life you would likely never hear about it even if it happened to your close friends. The anonymity of the internet might make it seem more prevalent in AB/DLs.

In any case there are a lot more people not affected than affected.

• Like 1

Gotta agree with Sarah, people are just too varied for only small, specific groups of them with mental disorders/history of abuse/etc. to develop even an interest in any of this.

Aspergers is the new cool disease to diagnose yourself with so it's running rampant on many internet forums. Even when a shrink diagnoses it a surprising number of kids "grow out of it", meaning is over diagnosed. And learning disabilities are very popular with the school systems right now because it's easier to drug the kid than tell parents they are doing something wrong and they need to make lifestyle changes.

Not sure about sexual abuse. It seems pretty common of these kinds of forums but in real life you would likely never hear about it even if it happened to your close friends. The anonymity of the internet might make it seem more prevalent in AB/DLs.

In any case there are a lot more people not affected than affected.

I'm professionally diagnosed with AS and that was before it became a fad. I also have learning problems and my work had to be modified and I was labeled as being multi handicapped when I was young. I was even in special ed full time when I was six and seven and I went to a special school for toddlers when I was 3-5. I had the label of autism in my early childhood and my parents thought that was BS. I had hearing loss so I was speech delayed and I had autistic characteristics. But they always knew I had something and I was different but they didn't know what I had then.

So I was not lazy growing up. Even when I tried to be normal, it wore me out and I could never get over my learning difficulties even though I tried. I used to think I was stupid and get mad at myself for it.

I am not trying to take your post personally but for people to say it's fake makes me feel I didn't try hard enough in life and I'm a failure and I faked my problems. My mom worked hard with me growing up so I be independent in my adulthood. She sure was not lazy and decided to have a label slapped on me so she have an excuse. I still got punished like a normal child and I was still taught to behave. I was still given rules to follow.

I hear more kids are visual learners today and it's time they change the educational system so kids are less impaired and they wouldn't have so many kids with learning difficulties. It's considered a learning difficulty if you learn different than everyone else and the teacher doesn't teach it in your style for you to learn. So therefore it makes learning difficult for you and you are considered learning disabled just because you have a learning difference.

Teachers teach things in different ways so kids can learn so it's time the educational system starts having them teach it in a visual way too so the visual learners can also learn and they won't need accommodations or need a IEP.

IMO, it's society that causes impairments. If seeing wasn't required in society, then the blind wouldn't be impaired. If hearing wasn't required in society, the deaf wouldn't be impaired, if reading wasn't required in society, then the dyslexics wouldn't be impaired, if society didn't require people to pick up on social cues or read body language or non verbal cues and if people were direct than vague and didn't expect people to read between the lines, then the aspies wouldn't be impaired.

I think there is a phrase somewhere about how life causes you to be impaired, not your condition. I don't remember the phrase of course and how it goes.

Anything in the minority is considered abnormal and it always has to have a label. Same as if you have a difference in your brain, you are considered as having a disability because it makes life harder for you because of what is in the majority you don't have or you have difficulty with.

I don't feel I have a disability but I know I have one because my mind works different and it causes me impairments. But just as long as I am understood and accommodated, I do okay and am not impaired. But society will always see that as an impairment just because what I need the majority doesn't need.

• Like 2

See from my point of view I have no medical issues at all. With my job & personality, I am very social with my friends & people that I do not know as well. I had a good childhood, but the desires to wear nappies & be a baby again was when my sister was born. Maybe it was a jealously thing that my sister was now the baby and I was growing up and I didn't want that....who knows :S

I'm professionally diagnosed with AS and that was before it became a fad.

Yep, me too. I was one of the very first 'known' AS cases my school system had to deal with... And I spent the first 6 or 7 years of my adult life fixing what they f***ed up :rolleyes:

Anyway, the thread I started yonks ago in the poll section suggests to me that the rate of aspies around here is pretty much normal. You've also got to remember that we're already talking about something pretty personal on this forum. If we admit to wearing diapers, other personal matters suddenly seem much less awkward to mention :lol:. On a busy autism list I was a fairly active member of for several years, I became aware of only one other member who used diapers at least on occasion but that was for purely functional reasons as far as I could tell (exec. dysfunction + hyper focus + no awareness of body needs = wet pants :lol:) and nobody described themselves as an AB or DL when I mentioned it. We were pretty frank with each other on that group and I don't doubt people would have been open about it.

And for messyman, I'm loathed to get into a debate about it but the reason that it's so easy to say AS is overdiagnosed is because it was massively underdiagnosed for decades. Now that the balance is being sorted out and all these kids are getting the recognition they deserve we're suddenly supposed to call it an "epidemic" :angry2:

Well I did deal with child abuse growing up both verbal and physical, however I'm not autistic or add or adhd so can't really confirm or deny any correlation b/w the two. I may have some underlying personality disporders since you really can't be abused without being somewhat screwed up. I've long buried my past self years ago, albeit things still pop up, I just do what I can to be happy and move on. I think we all should stop trrying to find a justification for what we are and just merely accept who we are.

there are very few vocal people on this board compared to the 10,000 + members. often those who have disorders that make social connections in 'the real world' or offline, complicated seek out internet bulletin boards and chat rooms where there is no need to read facial features or body language or to have to understand tone of voice and inflection, so these people may often be more vocal in a 'world' where you only have to type, and where the emoticons are clearly identifiable as happy, sad, etc...

Since the use of the word "fetish" was included in the first post I agree. However, infantilism is a different issue. It's usually not about sex, and I think that the connection is there for many of those.

also, if you have a learning disability you are not usually medicated, if the learning disability is related to having another medical condition you may be medicated to control certain symptoms of that condition, however learning disabilities in and of themselves cannot be treated with medication.

I will however say i do believe there may be a genetic predisposition which, if coupled with the right exposure at the right time in a person's development, would lead some people to be more likely to acquire sexual fetish's. Not just diapers but any form of a sexual fetish. This could be why certain people develop fetish's and others don't, and also why you will see fetish behavior occur in generations of the same family i.e. mother into bondage, grandmother into pony play, daughter into diapers... all different fetish's but all fetish's....

• Like 1

Hmm,

I think that there may be a connection. I have depression, and when I was a child (I was the oldest in my family) I was relied & depended upon heavily by my parents to take care of my younger siblings, so therefore I think it made me feel like I missed out on aspects of childhood, & somewhere along the line, my interest in ABDL came about. Just my thoughts,

Rockies Fan. Go Rockies in 2010!biggrin.gif

I, on the contrary, always thought that our community was marked by high intelligence quoients, immagination and creativity. Oh well. If ya'll want to make it something else than rock on.

I, on the contrary, always thought that our community was marked by high intelligence quoients, immagination and creativity. Oh well. If ya'll want to make it something else than rock on.

wait are you saying there is high intelligence among the human race? you are bold my friend! :P