LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Volkswagen!

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh dear sweet jesus, this thread is relevant to my interests. Just look at my screen name folks.

To date, I've owned;

1991 B3 Passat, Autotragic 2.0l 16v, stock, Black, Sold

1992 Jetta Carat, 1.8l 8v, 5 speed, stock, Calypso Green, Sold

1998 Gti VR6, My pride and joy. 5 speed, Techtonics Tuning exhaust, Techtonic chip, Bilstien Ps9 Coilovers, Neuspeed swaybars front and rear, Eurosport Strut bars front and rear, Stainless brake lines, Light weight flywheel, Sachs stage two clutch, B&M short shifter, Borbet 17x8 wheels. Porcelain Blue. I just got done stripping down this car and sent the shell to the scrap yard. Had bad rust in some very bad places.

1983 Rabbit L, 1.7L 8v 4 speed. Stock, but in excellent shape. Just sold this a month ago.

1989 Jetta Diesel, 1.6L NA Diesel, 5 Speed, All the suspension/wheels/brakes from my GTi will be going on this car. It is currently non-running due to a compression issue. Have the parts ordered and plan to have it in the shop by next week to swap out suspensions and rebuild the engine.

I have an unhealthy love affair with old german cars. I have sworn off cars made newer than 1998. Sorry but MK4s and even my beloved MK3s are nothing more than parts cars for MK2s and MK1s.:P

*OP you have a PM.*

Holy clean Ghia batman! That things looks awesome. I take it that's yours since you posted it up.

As for my car, I currently drive a MK3 Jetta TDI, Porcelain Blue. Supposed to be my daily non-much modded car but I was autocrossing it one day and the turbo said hey... I want to split the shaft. So naturally I upgraded the turbo to a Mercedes 320CDI 3.0l Diesel turbo. Here are some pics, more can be found at my Flickr Set http://www.flickr.com/photos/d_bat/sets/72157617211706556/

Used to have a VR6 Turbo Mk3 Jetta. Has a T04s on it. Video of it going 2nd through 5th -

I'm an online whore. :P After melting a piston in that car I decided to have a reasonable daily and a project car. Everybody in the car scene has to learn this the hard way. Also losing traction all the time with FWD I've decided to go Audi Quattro drive train and I'm doing a Audi A4 VR6.

As for VWs in the past, in order that I got them.

1987 VW Jetta GL w/ Power Windows and Crank Sunroof. :)

1986 Jetta Coupe

1999 MK3 Jetta GLX - Turned VRT then melted a piston

1997 Jetta GLX - Turned Parts Car

1971 Bus Westy

1998 Jetta TDI

4108739652_9842e6c543.jpg

3903434094_7384c30dd6.jpg

4350663388_0d827256fd.jpg

That's not a VW if it has a Busa motor in it! I really don't like swapping motors over to different manufacturers bodies.

QFT

Just throw a 16v in it. Trust me, it will save you a ton of work and money in the long run. I have a 2.0 16v in my garage right now, these engines are plentiful and easy to swap. That busa motor will be an anemic torque-less wonder with very little usable power.

I mean if you want to do something stupid, put a VR in it or an AEB 1.8t. The possibilities are endless.

I'm a VW Enthusiast and I was wondering if there were others here that were somewhat into VWs here. I would say equally but there aren't many at my level of obsessiveness with VWs. Anyways, post up and say hi. smile.gif

Hi,

Into VWs "very somewhat." Owned my blue 1972 for seven years and love it. Nothing quite like driving an aircooled VW. Gives you the feeling of being chased by a swarm of angry bees when driving down the highway.

I really want to get another bus again. I miss mine so much. The next one I get I'm going to properly build though. I messed up big time on the bus engine's rebuild and then I sold it. It also had way to much rust. Maybe in another year or so I'll get another bus.

There are two different aircooled bugs in my home town. Each time I see one of them I have to talk myself out of buying one. The same thing applies to the occasional E30 BMW, 300d benz, or RWD volvo bricks.

Next year I hope to do the BABE in either a 240 wagon or 300d wagon. Talk about style, room, and comfort.

I grew up in a VW race shop. :) my level of obsession is quite high, but I'm an air head. I don't know about all that water cooled stuff.

I want one really bad....... The only problem is that where I'm from most of them died a slow and salty death. So when one survives, they want a mint for it. But lord what I wouldn't give for some Type 3 love. MMmmmmmmm.

However, I think I'll just save my money for my current lust, air-cooled Porsches. Dear lord I want one soooo bad I can taste it! How much are kidneys going for right now?

2dl96hx.jpg

I want one really bad....... The only problem is that where I'm from most of them died a slow and salty death. So when one survives, they want a mint for it. But lord what I wouldn't give for some Type 3 love. MMmmmmmmm.

However, I think I'll just save my money for my current lust, air-cooled Porsches. Dear lord I want one soooo bad I can taste it! How much are kidneys going for right now?

2dl96hx.jpg

Oh yes! Those old things just ooze sexuality. Yum!

Oh yes! Those old things just ooze sexuality. Yum!

You aint just a whistlin Dixie, friend.

I see you guys have stayed away from 2000 models onward...wise decision.

1999 and on would be more like it. To quote myself;

I have sworn off cars made newer than 1998. Sorry but MK4s and even my beloved MK3s are nothing more than parts cars for MK2s and MK1s.:P

MK3's ended in mid '99. :) I had a 1999 Jetta GLX.

I'm really wanting to get a VW Bus and drop either a TDI into it or else a VR6. Both make great torque. I'd really prefer the TDI though because of it's great gas mileage and it's a hell of a lot simpler. There's also a company that offers a bell housing adapter for it to attach to the Bus tranny but I think I'd drop in some Porsche tranny because I doubt the Bus tranny could hold 300+ ft/lb of torque at such low rpms.

Here are some pics of my BABE Rally Bus.

513057848_b80d224992_b.jpg

513131131_af99513672_b.jpg

513131427_303b191d40_b.jpg

MK3's ended in mid '99. :) I had a 1999 Jetta GLX.

I'm really wanting to get a VW Bus and drop either a TDI into it or else a VR6. Both make great torque. I'd really prefer the TDI though because of it's great gas mileage and it's a hell of a lot simpler. There's also a company that offers a bell housing adapter for it to attach to the Bus tranny but I think I'd drop in some Porsche tranny because I doubt the Bus tranny could hold 300+ ft/lb of torque at such low rpms.

Here are some pics of my BABE Rally Bus.

If you get another bus, just build up the boxer that's in it. If your gonna go through all the work to swap a water cooled engine and a porsche trans, you could have just as easily swapped a porsche 3.2 turbo and had much more fun than a VR. Not that I'm knocking the VR, but that flat six porker mill is a much better engine.

Oh and I don't trust those half model year "lets throw whatever is left in the parts bin on it" cars.

P.S. That bus is epic. I really wish I could find one cheap enough to do the BABE in it, as opposed to my jetta.

On an unrelated note, if you ever decide roll that TDi into a ditch and need someone to donated an engine to..............................:whistling::thumbsup:

We bought an '09 Rabbit almost exactly 1 yr. ago and it has been fantastic! The 16" alloy wheels and the winter package are great! Heated seats and outside mirrors are a good choice, especially, here in Wisconsin. The car handles well and has plenty of power. I had a Scirocco, a '78 model back in the '80's, but this is more fun to drive and has all the power and comfort needed for commuting and longer drives. I guess, an adjective that would be most applicable to this car would be, to say that it's "Tight"

Current driver is a 98 Cabrio wht/wht top tan interior

Owned an mid 80's Jetta

a 1980 Porshe 924

a 1971 Beetle

Each one brings back fond memories due to their idiosyncrasies like scraping the frost off the inside of the windshield of the bug when driving in cold weather, the puddles on the back floor of the Jetta every time it rained because of the leaking body and the bad electrical grounds in the Cabby. There's just something about German cars I guess like how they handle.

I think I'm going to have to try a Mercedes or BMW next.

Hugs,

Freta

The longevity and the turboability of the vr6 is insane. The vr6 can take 500-600whp with stock internals. To make a 6-12 psi early boost turbo setup on a vr6 would be really easy and insanely awesome for daily driving around 300-350whp and it's last all day, all week, all year. Just need a transmission that could hold up to the power and the bus tranny definitely could not.

Also the aftermarket for the vr6 is a lot cheaper than the porsche stuff making it a lot cheaper to sustain 300-350whp.

As for my TDI. I plan on staying with my TDI setup for a very long time. Even if the block craps out on me I'll just bore it out and start fresh over again.