LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Abu Cushies - The Pics!

whats the website to see these?

http://abuniverse.com/

Not up yet though. Just a coming soon link. Something posted the other day said pre-sale from 1st Feb (next Monday), shipping 5th Feb (although if they're still waiting for the container then they've got to be hoping for no customs delays).

I like what I see from the pics :D I'm a Bambino Baby through and through but do like the look of them... Hopefully the feel, absorbency and most importantly the price won't be deal breakers... I figure the bag price is what needs to be reasonable. I can see this being a 'special occasion' diaper, much like Bambino Classico tended to be when they first came out (and were markedly more expensive than other diapers). This clearly isn't an everyday diaper so the case price isn't all that important to me.

Any chance of an update on how they held up, DD?

Sorry, off to a slow start today, worn out and tired.

Wore the Cushie most of the night, took a full wetting and probably a half-bladders worth more. Didn't leak, but don't think it would have taken much more. Good for daytime, would still need a booster at night - but I always boost anyways for that extra nighttime thickness :)

There is one thing I can assure you of and THIS is not a Bambino Killer...buy the way they are $90 a case...I assure you also they are no where near as absorbent - you can look at them and tell that.

Don't get me wrong I appreciate what ABU is doing - I just can't fathom paying the prices they are asking and not getting any where near the quality of Bambino, Secure, or Abena.

Absorbancy isn't everything to everyone. Heck, add a booster to this thing and there you go most absorbant babyish diaper out there. We get it, you think Bambino's the best. Moving on...

Anyway, like I and others have said before, this is going to be a novelty diaper, it will be for me anyway. Don't care about the price therefor. To me it's like having the designer clothing. You may pay an arm and a leg for the look even though there may be other clothes that are better quality and cheaper but don't have the look you're after. Right now, there's nobody to compete with on a diaper like this, so baby diaper like that I'm willing to pay what they're asking. They look HOT!!! Can't wait to order and try them on.

Daily, Can't wait to here the rest of your review, I've been checking the site all day for it. :thumbsup: Keep it up, doing great so far. Now we just need some pics from the inside of the diaper. Do you think it's the same as the regular diaper they have, just different print???

THIS IS NOT A BAMBINO VS ABU THREAD - GETTING TIRED OF THE OFF_TOPIC BATTLES BETWEEN CERTAIN PEOPLE!

It's a good diaper! Haven't tested them for max use yet, as I only have 1 more and saving it :)

It's a designer diaper. Great for dress-up, photos, and total baby time. Looks good under clear plastic pants and is wide enough in the crotch to ,handle a booster pad if desired.

DailyDi: Its not a matter of versus - but there is always going to be comparisons...its like with any product not just diapers. People are going to compare the two...its just how it is. Obviously out of all the diapers only two brands really have "baby prints" - of course they are going to be mentioned and somewhat compared.

I have to agree that they do look great, but if they are a slightly lower quality/absorbancy than compeditive brands, how can you really justify the extra cost.

I will also say that bambinos are pretty highly priced too, but on the same note you are getting a quality diaper too, as with most 'upper shelf' diapers.

These look like an awesome diaper for those out there that demand the most authentic look, but i dont think its going to sell very well if they continue to keep their pricing the way it is (mind you i see they have been getting a bit better on prices). Its just too dayum expensive for something thats inferior, yet looks good.

So it requires a booster pad to be comfortably absorbent then?

Personal preference really. Having medical incontinence issues, I have to avoid leaks and protect my skin around the clock. I use a booster at night always in every diaper. Need to get some samples in the hands of DL's who can better test them for intentional wetters.

I frequently put a booster in Bambinos and Secure X-Pluses. Adding a booster to make the absorbency match what you want doesn't make it a bad diaper. The appeal is *clearly* the design and the look of the thing & the benefits that can bring to your 'little time'.

The per-bag price still needs to be not too high though, and that remains to be seen...

I hear a little too much complaining about the price for something that this group has been whining for since they discovered they were an AB. Is 90 dollars for a case a lot? Hell yes! Is it worth it? Before you answer that question no one seems to be asking this question first- How bad do you want ABU cushies to succeed and grow? I have no doubts that in this economy money is tight, and taking a gamble like ABUniverse by throwing down a ton of money on a product that could tank is a huge leap of faith for any niche company. Bambino's started off expensive and one design. Now look at them, they have expanded their line and lowered their prices because YOU BOUGHT THIER PRODUCT CONSISTENTLY! Once ABU Cushies sell out the first shipment subsequent shipments and upgrades will be cheaper for ABUniverse to purchase, and thus the saving will be passed on to you to keep your continued support and bussiness (if they want to be successful anyways). This is the way of the niche manufacturing/seller world, whether it be diapers or trinkets: the first small order will be alot, each subsequent order (or contract) becomes cheaper, order a large volume (in assumption that you can sell them all in a given period of time) and the price drops.

Is it worth it? Yes- every penny! I know the more I buy I help cement ABuniverse's ability to place a follow on order, and another, and another. If no one else buys then you might want to hang on to what you did buy because there won't be another container coming in.

It's also the reason why I will continue to support Bambino's too!

of course you can expect to pay a premium for a 'special' item. But their comes a point at which people just have to draw the line and bambino's pricing seems to be right on that line (for some its even lower!) for what people are willing to pay for a fancy diaper. Heck, alot of people have to draw the line at depends or store brand diapers as the cost of a quality diaper is pretty high.

Sure you cant expect awesome pricing on a brand new product, but as it seems, abu is trying to get rich overnight on their products! They should cut their pricing down to 'real world' prices, take the lower margin and make up for it in volume sales. Hell, i bet they would make a killing if they started to price their products in line with bambino or slightly lower. Alot of people like their diapers for their style and designs, but just cannot justify the cost.

of course you can expect to pay a premium for a 'special' item. But their comes a point at which people just have to draw the line and bambino's pricing seems to be right on that line (for some its even lower!) for what people are willing to pay for a fancy diaper. Heck, alot of people have to draw the line at depends or store brand diapers as the cost of a quality diaper is pretty high.

Sure you cant expect awesome pricing on a brand new product, but as it seems, abu is trying to get rich overnight on their products! They should cut their pricing down to 'real world' prices, take the lower margin and make up for it in volume sales. Hell, i bet they would make a killing if they started to price their products in line with bambino or slightly lower. Alot of people like their diapers for their style and designs, but just cannot justify the cost.

The problem with Abu is there customer service. These look great and I would love to buy some, but I don't know if I would ever receive them. Abu has ripped off too many people in this community for me to support them at this time. Maybe when I hear more positve feedback I'll take the plunge. Another thing I don't see a waistband so that is a negative. And also with the pampers cruisers look on these, I can't believe I'm gonna say this, I would want them to be cloth backed. Just a dl perfectionist I guess. They definitely have me intrigued though.

• Like 1

Wow those look SO cool I can't wait. I am going to order 1/2 case of those and 1/2 case of the new one tape "pampers" style that they sell. It's so great that there are finally reproductions of the greatest diapers in the world, in my size!!!! They are expensive but it's worth it to look that cute!

I hear a little too much complaining about the price for something that this group has been whining for since they discovered they were an AB. Is 90 dollars for a case a lot? Hell yes! Is it worth it? Before you answer that question no one seems to be asking this question first- How bad do you want ABU cushies to succeed and grow? I have no doubts that in this economy money is tight, and taking a gamble like ABUniverse by throwing down a ton of money on a product that could tank is a huge leap of faith for any niche company. Bambino's started off expensive and one design. Now look at them, they have expanded their line and lowered their prices because YOU BOUGHT THIER PRODUCT CONSISTENTLY! Once ABU Cushies sell out the first shipment subsequent shipments and upgrades will be cheaper for ABUniverse to purchase, and thus the saving will be passed on to you to keep your continued support and bussiness (if they want to be successful anyways). This is the way of the niche manufacturing/seller world, whether it be diapers or trinkets: the first small order will be alot, each subsequent order (or contract) becomes cheaper, order a large volume (in assumption that you can sell them all in a given period of time) and the price drops.

Is it worth it? Yes- every penny! I know the more I buy I help cement ABuniverse's ability to place a follow on order, and another, and another. If no one else buys then you might want to hang on to what you did buy because there won't be another container coming in.

Couldn't have said it better myself. :thumbsup: Seems everyone wants something soooo bad from these diaper companies, then when they get it, piss and moan about price and it's not perfect here or there in their mind. As I have been consistantly reminded on my posts about Bambino, they can't please everyone which I don't expect them too nor should you. Those same people are whining here about ABU's products and them not giving them everything THEY want. Pot calling the kettle black to me. This is NOT an ABU vs Bambino post just pointing out how many PEOPLE are seemingly willing to put there life on the line for a company like Bambino defending every move the company makes to no end, talking about all they've done for the community, the risk and cost of production and development bambino would have to go through for a new product, the machines, the labor, etc. Yet those same PEOPLE hardly give an ounce of credit to another company sticking their neck out and doing the same thing for our community. I'd be willing to bet when and IF Bambino comes out with their new product, if it's a diaper and very similar to their current one yet they crank up the price some, many of you die hard Bambino fans are going to be juuuuusstt fine with it and justify their pricing for their product. Maybe ABU HAS TO charge more because it isn't backed by a major brand like Bambino is(Secure) who already had all the machines and equipment in place for their diaper and they also had to come up with a total new design whereas Bambino just made a copy of an existing diaper.

On a second note for those complaining about ABU's absorbancy, I don't understand how you can think it's just fine to add a booster to your Bambino yet adding one to an ABU, well that's just rediculous to have to do???

It's not all about price either, sometimes you have to pay for what you WANT whether it's ABU or Bambino or someone elses diaper all together. ABU and Bambino both offer products each other don't. You can't get a Cushie from Bambino or a Bambino from ABU. Different diapers, different features, different companies, different price.

Daily, I hope this doesn't come off as a VS. Post as that is not my real intent. Just tired of the PEOPLE who are defenders to no end on Bambino yet give no credit to a company in the same niche, ABU. Message me if you need to.

• Like 1

DailyDi, I think it's time to unveil an ABUniverse tab in the diaper section like you already have for Tena, Attends, Bambino etc. That way we can compile all that is abu info, news, updates, and feedback in more of an organized way. Maybe even move this one to there. Most of the other diaper brands have one so why not ABU? Just an idea so we can have quicker access to their info.

Thanks

• Like 1

I try not to post much... I have bought from ABU in the past and have had issues with the customer service. I was told that they were correcting that. They went to an automated system that was not effive. Do not know if the company that they contracted were not wanting to deal with the AB community. The reason that I was told they went to that was the they were turing into a Phone a mommy. I can understand why they went away from a live person. The new compay I have found to be very good at delivering messages. I left a message and in under an hour i did have a phone call and a responce. I did have several responces as my issues were indepth. In the end of all this, I was told that I would receive a pre sample of the new diaper and I guess thay the young lady forgot...... I hope that they service that they promised is true as we all complane about cost but poor service will kill a store more quickly than an expensive product. as we all mone about the cost but we really tell about bad service.

so i can justify the extra cost. I spent 70$ on a dress that will get worn maybe twice ayear if i'm lucky, cause i just don't have that many occasions to wear a dress.

My boyfriend spent $50 on a pair of dress shoes that will also get worn maybe 2-3 times a year.

We all spend money on things we only use very often, and we justify that cost by saying "well i have to dress up for this or that event"

so wahts different than spending a little extra money to indulge in a fantasy? not saying you have to wear them all the time, but perhaps once a month or so you want to feel extra babyish.. so you buy these, and heck why not wear one of these OVER an abri form x plus or otherwise bulky diaper, then you get the super bulk, the double absorbancy (if you put holes in the abri form ) and the super cute babyish feel.

Its about spending a little extra money on yourself to feel good about yourself, to do something you enjoy. A little vacation from life...

I'll most likely buy a bag when they come out, since i know they wont be as absorbant as some other diapers, i'll just double up, or use a stuffer... I like to indulge myself from time to time...