LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Stopping Waistband Leaks...

During the day, cloth diapers just don't work for me. I've been able to enjoy several kinds of disposables, currently using Bambino Bianco Medium.

I've noticed that when I'm reclining, maybe at the computer, watching TV, or in the car, even small wettings in a fresh diaper will leak. It tends to well up in the front and trickle down my right hip, almost never the left side.

I have tried to 'point it down', but it doesn't seem to matter. When I'm 'up', I'm slightly above average, but when I'm soft, it's really tiny, sometimes even inverting a little. So, unless I stop and rearrange every fifteen minutes or so, it just goes where it wants to.

I just wondered if anyone else had similar troubles. DD said he's never had an Bambino leak except when he meant to. The one I've got on was fresh two hours ago, still far from soaked, and yet I have to go change due to the wet spot, and I'd say 90% of that wetting 'escaped' from my diaper.

Maybe the diaper is too tight? Or maybe too small? I usually use double disposable diapers with the inner diaper's plastic shell shredded with a razor, the inner being medium and the outer being large. The diaper is nicely bulky and not kept too tight, and I never have leak problems within reason.

For several to say that you just need to keep adjusting yourself so you don't leak isn't a viable solution in my book. What does an incontinent person do all the time, reach down and adjust their junk every fifteen minutes? What if you're not in a private setting to do so then what? I've had the same issue with ANY disposable, the pee travels to the sides where there's nothing to absorb it and then it's leaking and uncomfortable. I realize disposables aren't really designed to wet in say upside down or wierd angles but I do wish that you could. The only way your going to help this wetting up your diaper is to not sit like that or wear something that compresses the diaper more tightly against your body like boxer briefs. This eliminates the gaps but as far as aiming up, wetting and expecting the top inch of the diaper to absorb a ton is simply unrealistic, it's just not going to happen with a disposable. Cloth, you can get by with a lot more since there's a good seal all the way around the top and absorbtion on the sides. It's physics with disposables and there design flaws shall I say. I don't care what diaper you have on, leak guards and all won't stop all side or especially top leaks. Something us men just have to deal with.

FACT: ALL diapers have the potential to leak, even with a ton of prevention, you can't always elimate the possibility completely.

• Like 1

When putting on a diaper is an exciting novelty, Mr. Happy will remind you how much you enjoy this. When you stay in diapers for a while, Mr. Happy cooperates. That's why medically incontenient guys don't have these issues. Yes, you have to keep things down and centered. Standing leak guards help as does folding a crease in the diaper.

My advice is to first wear diapers more frequently and second to press them around you to mold them to your shape. It helps for me and I hope it helps you too.

I think it's quite normal for 'Mr Happy' as square_duck put it :lol: to work his way out of position over a couple of hours, particularly if you move from sitting to standing or vice versa. Just take a quick moment every now and then to reposition him.

Failing that, I reckon this may have something to do with it:

Maybe the diaper is too tight? Or maybe too small?

It's quite possible for the leaks you described to happen in either of those scenarios (and too loose as well). Are you near the upper limit of the diaper's size range by any chance?

I wear snug briefs over my diapers, which greatly reduced leakage regardless of what Mr. Happy was up to.

That said, when laying on my back or leaning backwards, the front just doesn't get the snugness I need to

prevent leaks entirely. I suppose that would also be true of my backside if I'm laying on my belly, except

that Mr. Happy only hangs around up front.

When sitting, I am typically very venerable to leaks from trickling over the thigh, even while limp. I try to avoid this whenever possible. Usually if I just stand up this will take care of the problem. It seems to me the pee is not penetrating into the crotch of the diaper and overwhelms the front of the diaper absorbancy.

Other than that, I just have to occassionally push Mr. Happy into place - down and center.

I regularly flood Bambino's and never have the issue you are describing. I don't have the worlds largest bladder mind you but I have 'flooded' Bambino's on a regular basis 3 or 4 times in the same diaper and it still hasn't leaked. I do wear the large size diapers so maybe that has a lot to do with it.

You see baseball players and football players out there in publlic, on TV 'adjusting' themselves for all the millions of viewers to see.....so whats the difference?? :P

I agree - they aren't special. Athletes put their jockstraps on one dick at a time, just like the rest of us.

I regularly flood Bambino's and never have the issue you are describing. I don't have the worlds largest bladder mind you but I have 'flooded' Bambino's on a regular basis 3 or 4 times in the same diaper and it still hasn't leaked. I do wear the large size diapers so maybe that has a lot to do with it.

Yeah, but how are you flooding them, what postition are you in. I'd bet if you're laying on your side, it wouldn't work or possibly laying flat with your dick pointing toward the top. Infact, I know, not even a bambino's going to save you here. 3-4 full wettings are easy in a lot of diapers under the right circumstances but it only takes 1 small wetting under the wrong conditions to have a leak, no matter the diaper.

I vote ban to the next poster who continues the foolish use of 'Mr Happy'. Ugh.

I know what mouse is talking about, as it's happened to me, but not on a regular basis, and not while wearing plastic diapers with standing leak guards. I think this is a personal fitment issue and could be remedied with more experimentation. . This calls for a night of drinking! And multiple diaper changes!

Who is this Mr Happy, and why are you guys putting him in your diaper?

But in all seriousness, it sounds like a plumbing issue. Best way to stop leaks from loose pipes is to buy plastic pants. I recommend fetwares high back pants, as you can order them a size smaller which will keep them snug around the legs and waist. They're also made in America, which is different to say the least. You can also use a little packing tape around the original tapes to help keep them secure and snug.

Yeah, but how are you flooding them, what postition are you in. I'd bet if you're laying on your side, it wouldn't work or possibly laying flat with your dick pointing toward the top. Infact, I know, not even a bambino's going to save you here. 3-4 full wettings are easy in a lot of diapers under the right circumstances but it only takes 1 small wetting under the wrong conditions to have a leak, no matter the diaper.

You're right about that. If I wet the bed at night wearing a disposable then my diaper will leak for sure. The flooding I was referring to was either sitting or standing. Lying down flat or on my side equals leaks.

• Like 1