LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Hoarders

Just watch the newest episode on A&E called Horders. It's a show about people who can't throw anything away. Last nights episode topped it and left me utterly disgusted. This lady named Judi has her home filled to the ceiling with garbage. About two years prior, her water was shut off leaving her with no toilet. Instead of getting it turned back on, she resorted to wearing adult diapers and saved EVERY SINGLE ONE for the past two years, poop and all. Her bathroom was literaly filled with them, 4ft high, over the top of the sink. They estimated 3,000-4,000 pounds of used diapers. You could actually see the feces in and on them and it had gotten all over the place in her house, walls, floors, and other "stuff" in the house. When they were all removed, it was discovered the diapers had actually rotted a hole through the bathroom floor. There were several other piles and bags full of used poopy diapers through out the house. It was very discusting. The house was full of bugs and disease from this and nearly killed this elderly women.

Here's a link to the website. There were a couple of shots of the bathroom with all the diapers and some removing them. Someone else can post the times if you want. I've seen enough already.

Hoarders - Judi/Gail

WOW. That is absolutely insane. I can't stand used diapers just being around long enough for trash day... and that's once a week! It makes me shudder even thinking about it.

ok, I make 25# a week of diaper waste and that is aprox 30 diapers that would take 4800 diapers and 160 weeks for me to create that much i am not one to be mean but that had to reeeek i feel sorry for the old lady but i feel some of the blame falls on the daughter for not checking on her mom at least three to four times a year or having someone check on her.

would have saved some time if they had just torched the house..

In the end, it actually got sold, though nowhere near what they were hoping for it originally. Besides, torching all her worldly possessions probably would've given the poor woman a coronary. Ya gotta go easy with a mental disorder as serious as hers was.

The ending I saw said it was a tear down and couuldn't be sold???

I'm surprise they let people clean it the way they did. I saw a show called "Flip this House" on like TLC or something. The guy bought this home in an auction not knowing the previous owners were hoarders. When he first walked through the house, having now owned it, there were animal feces everywhere and it was just disgusting mess but nowhere near this ladies home, hers was 10times worse. In the Flip this House show, the city condemed the house and fined the new owner right away for the condition of the property! They were forced to hire a professional haz-mat crew to clean out the house at the cost of thousands of dollars. They wore suits head to toe, fumigated it, had resperators, the whole nine yards. The people in hoarders just had gloves and now and then a resperator or mask, that's it!! Wouldn't want to see what happens to this crew down the road especially if they do this often. Another episode showed a lady who had two dead cats literally stuck to the floor they figured had been there for nearly a decade, just a flat pile of fur and bones, YUCK! It's like, you can't just scrub that out of the floor and carpet over it, or wash and repaint the walls. It goes much deeper. Nightmare for a future owner. Buyer beware.

The ending I saw said it was a tear down and couuldn't be sold???

Nightmare for a future owner. Buyer beware.

They kept saying that was the likely outcome throughout the show, but at the very, very end, they stated that the house did get sold. It boiled down to a mere $68 per month for the old woman.

Likely, the buyer was probably much like the one you described in Flip This House, though, granted, if the foundation was still in good shape, even that saves a bit of expense from building from scratch. The show did mention that the price sold was nowhere near what they were hoping for, but, frankly, they're lucky with what they got.

My DVR cut it short so I missed it. Watch the end online and still not sure if the house was torn down or not as it said,"A buyer has been found for the property, but Judi will only clear about $5,000 from the sale. After expensess, she'll be left with $68/mo."

I'm thinking since they said earlier it had to be torn down, they may have just sold the land, the actual property otherwise the two statements would conflict. She may have sold the land for say 15k and had to pay 10k to have the house torn down and left with the rest. Who really knows but I'd put my money on she only sold the land. God help whoever bought it if they did keep the house. You'd have to pay me to own it.

I'm thinking since they said earlier it had to be torn down, they may have just sold the land, the actual property otherwise the two statements would conflict. She may have sold the land for say 15k and had to pay 10k to have the house torn down and left with the rest. Who really knows but I'd put my money on she only sold the land. God help whoever bought it if they did keep the house. You'd have to pay me to own it.

It's a possibility they have just sold the land. It was kind of an ugly looking house, anyway.

would have saved some time if they had just torched the house..

Probably not. Unless it is out in the country far away from other buildings firefighters don't let anything burn to the ground. I doubt it would burn hot or long enough to sterilize everything and get rid of the garbage. And it would be hosed down with tons of water.

Probably not. Unless it is out in the country far away from other buildings firefighters don't let anything burn to the ground. I doubt it would burn hot or long enough to sterilize everything and get rid of the garbage. And it would be hosed down with tons of water.

Actually they do do this even right in town along side other houses. I've seen plenty of condemned or older homes intentionally torched by the fire dept. as practice. They burn a few rooms at a time and then burn the whole thing under a controlled environment. They don't just poor gas over it and throw a match. Very controlled situation and fire dept. from all around practice on homes like these. This would be quite a challenge but a good one as there's a possibility they could encounter a home like this someday. Not all are empty or easy to get into. They actually put furniture in these homes they torch too to make it more realistic and show what happens to furniture and whatnot during a fire not to mention, it creates obstacles.

Monday, December 21 11:00pm EST Hoarders: 08 - Judi and Gail

Tuesday, December 22 3:00am EST Hoarders: 08 - Judi and Gail

These are the times that this one is on at!

I've watched it on-line and that's just crazy as he**. No way on Earth I would do that at all. YUCK!! I can't even stand the smell of em.

Monday, December 21 11:00pm EST Hoarders: 08 - Judi and Gail

Tuesday, December 22 3:00am EST Hoarders: 08 - Judi and Gail

These are the times that this one is on at!

I've watched it on-line and that's just crazy as he**. No way on Earth I would do that at all. YUCK!! I can't even stand the smell of em.

Ya think after all the years using them, she would have to wear all the time now? I think she would have to. But who knows?!?

Since Psychiatry and mental health is my speciality in nursing, I can say that I have had several patient who are horders. They are quite a challenge to deal with but it is an illness as it is considered in the same areas as OCD. There are medication to help them but CBT is also need to help them.

Ugh, I always find that show hard to watch. Whilst on the one hand, they're documenting and bringing to the fore something that's normally kept hidden, it always feels like you're watching something that you've no right to see.

Anyway...

It's a possibility they have just sold the land.

I think that was the implication. They did say that the city condemned the house so it was a teardown regardless of who bought it. It looked like quite a small plot & given the decontamination/demolition costs that were likely to be incurred by the new owner, that might have been all it was worth, especially if it was in an area with already low land values.

I am the opposite really. I chuck out first before I keep stuff. I don't know how much money I have spent replacing items that I have thrown away. Drives my wife nuts. Its fairly obvious that the diaper lady had mental issues which eventually brought on medical issues.