LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Harry Potter (spoiler Alert!)

First of all, if you haven't read the books or seen the movies, but you plan to, I'd advise you to stop reading.

Harry Potter rocks! Feel free to discuss anything you want related to the subject. However, I'll start off with a few things

First, what did everyone think of the movie? Personally, I definetely enjoyed the movie and got my $7 worth. I think it was the second best next to Azkaban. Newell (The director) had a real tough job trimming down a 600 page book into a 2 hour movie and he did a very good job with it. On the other hand, despite the fast pace, I don't think the movie had that epic / depth feel that the third movie had. Also, I feel bad for whoever has to direct the 5th book, because there's so action until the end. Same with the 6th book.

Second, what's your prediction for book 7? My friend seems to think that Dumbledore is not really dead (if you read book 6, they never actually show his death, they just say he was blasted out of sight) It's possible, but I think it may be wishful thinking. Also, my prediction is that 'RAB' is Sirius Black's brother. In the 5th book, it says that Sirus's brother (I forget his name, but it starts with an R) was a death eater at first, but then crossed over to the other side.

-Jess

Okay just a few things. First the director doesn't take decress the stuff in the movie. That would be the writer. His job is to take the six hundred page book and turn it into a workable movie. Second, the editor gets the last word in what is in the movie. If it is too long, he cuts stuff. Too short and he adds stuff.

Second, Predections for seven, Harry kills Voldermort. The End.

We went and saw it Thursday. I have seen the previous movies but never (and don't plan to) read the books.

I found this one too dark. I had to get up and take a walk in during the maze scene as there was something freaking me out about it.

I couldn't follow the plot either.

The FX and CGI were OK but to me this was the biggest waste of my time and money.

Hopefully, The Chronicals of Narnia will be better.

Stay Pampered

SoCalAB

First of all, if you haven't read the books or seen the movies, but you plan to, I'd advise you to stop reading.

Harry Potter rocks! ...

Taken all the nieces and nephews now to see latest film ( 3 trips ) not because I like it you understand ;)

I cant wait for the 7th book to come out, and think that there will be atleast a few more books about the life after hogwalts ( I hope )

Have liked all the films so far, and only annoying bit about latest film was you only saw one of the dragon tests :(:(

Harry Potter Rules..

Actually, the book only showed Harry's dragon test, too. Though in the book you did at least hear about what the other competitors did later.

Personally I found the GoF movie kinda disappointing. It's the same problem I had with the Prisoner of Azkaban movie, it was a good movie and all, but inevitably you're going to compare it to the books and it just doesn't hold up.

It's no surprise somethings were taken out or glossed over (the Dursleys, the Quidditch World Cup) or changed around (appearance of Barty Crouch Jr.). That stuff is fine. But I can't get over the feeling that too much got removed. Weasley's Wizard Wheezes, for instance, is never mentioned, and it becomes fairly big int he plot the next couple of books (well, not vital, but important).

Also, Dumbledore came off as too (for lack of a better word) aggresive. Obviously, this doesn't include the one point int he story he's supposed to be aggressive (confronting Barty Crouch Jr.). This one could be biased though, I tend to picture Dumbledore as a fairly happy-go-lucky sort who acts flightier than he really is. The only times I ever remember him being truly serious are when he has to protect his students or when his ability to do so is questioned.

It's just my opinion. But in the end HP movie #4 disappointed me.

As for Book 7 predictions: I agree Sirius' brother (Regulus Black, btw) is likely R.A.B. and I also agree with predictions seen elswhere that Mundungus Fletcher later stole the locket from Grimmauld Place and hocked it (wouldn't it be surprisign to find it once again at Borgin and Burkes?)

I also think that one of the Horcruxes will be located within Hogwarts itself. Possibly the Ravenclaw one (I'm suspicious about the tiara on that bust Harry used to mark wher ehe hid the Half-Blood Prince book). We know Voldemort returned to Hogwarts, hoping for a position for Defense Against the Dark Arts teacher. That Dumbledore presumed that was to find another Horcrux worthy object, but he was turned away before given time to search the school. However, to hide one wouldn't take much time at all, particularly if you alredy knew where you wanted to put it.

I also think that Snape will be Harry's final challenge before Voldemort himself. If he cant' beat Snape (arguably one of the strongest Death Eaters besides Voldemort himself) then he'll have no shot against Voldemort.

Roots/branches from the maze grab Cedric, Harry has a clear run for the cup as Cedric is grabbed, but Harry decides to save Cedric.

"Thought you were gonna leave me, take the cup."

HARRY: Yeah... me too.

From tehre Harry decides they should just do it together.

• 1 year later...

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows

At last after nearly 2 years we atleast get the title of the 7th and last book in the series.

Just pre-ordered my copy, still no confirmed release date. Rumour has it that it may be on the 07/07/2007

The wait is killng me, how will it end ???

Chloe

• 3 months later...

I heard on an entertainment show (Access Hollywood or Entertainment tonight) that the actress that plays Hermyme (spelling?) I forget her name does not want to continue with the rest of the Harry Potter movies. I have seen these movies quite a few times due to having my neices and nephews watch them constantly. As Hermymies character has gotten older I find myself becoming more and more interested in the movies. I love the one with the all girls school! :thumbsup:

I heard on an entertainment show (Access Hollywood or Entertainment tonight) that the actress that plays Hermyme (spelling?) I forget her name does not want to continue with the rest of the Harry Potter movies. I have seen these movies quite a few times due to having my neices and nephews watch them constantly. As Hermymies character has gotten older I find myself becoming more and more interested in the movies. I love the one with the all girls school! :thumbsup:

Odd, I just found this:

26 March 2007 (WENN)

Actress Emma Watson has ended speculation about her future as Harry Potter's pal Hermione Granger by confirming to movie executives she'll be by the boy wizard's side for all seven films. Fans were left fretting last week when Watson's co-star Rupert Grint suggested, in a British newspaper article, that his pal might not play a part in all seven planned films. But now Warner Brothers bosses have confirmed the actress has no plans to quit the film franchise. In a statement released on Friday, Warner production president Jeff Robinov said, "We are thrilled and proud that Daniel Radcliffe, Rupert and Emma have chosen to complete the arc of their characters in the final two films." The franchise's fifth movie, Harry Potter & The Order Of The Phoenix will be released this summer - just as author J.K. Rowling's seventh and final Potter book, Harry Potter & The Deathly Hallows, hits stores. The sixth Potter film, Harry Potter & The Half Blood Prince is scheduled to hit cinemas next summer.

So it looks like all three will be back for the rest.

PS If you want to know about the 7th book, just ask Dr. Who.

deadly hallow's will come out on 21/7/2007, many fans believed it would be 777 but jk told that wasnt true, as well as the fact that dumbledore is still alive:( but if you want to hope that that isnt true look for some site dumbledorenotdead.com or something like that...really way to much information there ( btw snape is cute:))

"the editor gets the last word in what is in the movie."

Absolutely not!!! :boxing: The editor is a technician who executes what the director wants. The Director has the final say about ALL things in HIS movie. See "A film by..." The only exception to this is the producer or the studio.

Anondl