LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

So Sleepy...

I haven't been sleeping well for weeks. I go 2-3 days without much sleep at all, and then collapse for 18 hrs. Today was a collapse day, fell asleep about 7am, woke at 2, was out again by 4 and slept till 9. Any advice for sleeping better?

I'm going to talk to my shrink about it when I see him next, but that's not until January. I could make an appointment sooner, but haven't decided on that. Sometimes I take xanax to help chill me out, but don't feel comfortable taking it all the time. We've tried Rozerem and one other of the "new" sleep drugs, but they did nothing.

Might take a mini-vacation this week, which sometimes help. Get a hotel room nearby and leave the phones and computers at home. Get 2-3 good days of rest. Can't really afford it right now, but could sure use it.

Been filling my awake hours with pasts seasons of The Ultimate Fighter, playing games on POGO and posting here. Too out of it to concentrate on Warcraft raids or much work beyond the regular site updates.

there are many things i've used to get better sleep. by far the best thing that works for me is a combination.

i know that i want to be asleep by 12 am -1 am... so i do not eat after 10 pm at night.

I do not lie down until at least an hour after eating.

If i have a snack no less than two hours before i go to bed, its not candy, cookies, or sugary drinks.

20 minutes before the time i want to go to sleep i turn off the tv, the computer, any radios or other music devices and set my alarm.

i do this every day, EVEN on my days off i am asleep no later than 2 am.

some nights i find it is hard for me to fall asleep so i take a simply sleep, its made by the same people who make tylenol pm only it just has the sleep agent in it, not the pain killer.

but i find it is important for me to keep a schedule, because my body will get used to it.

also sleepy time tea is very helpful, it is naturally decaffinated as well, and just helps to get you to sleep.

aromatherapy is good too, pout some lavender in your pillowcase that is known to be soothing.

it can take a while 1-2 weeks for your body to get used to a schedule of sleeping, but i have found it works wonders. Also, i dont take naps, and if i do its for no more than an hour, and no less than 5 hours before i want to be in bed for the night.

i don't know if this is an option, but many doctors now take emails from patients, you could always send an email to your doctor if that is possible.

good advice... but just a tip of my own: Simply Sleeep, Nytol and all the other OTC sleep aid annoy me. Why? They are just Benadryl. 48 Simply Sleep cost $8.99 48 store-brand allergy tabs $5.49. Save yourself a little money and buy the allergy pills, same exact drug (25mg Diphenhydramine) for less!

i can't take allergy pills, the allergy type medication in it will make me stay awake for days on end. also they exascerbate my neurological condition,

simply sleep only has the sleep agent in it, so you are not going to build up a tolerance to a pain medication or the allergy medication.. so if you really need to allergy medication it will still work for you.

i can't take allergy pills, the allergy type medication in it will make me stay awake for days on end. also they exacerbate my neurological condition,

simply sleep only has the sleep agent in it, so you are not going to build up a tolerance to a pain medication or the allergy medication.. so if you really need to allergy medication it will still work for you.

Seriously, check the box under "active Ingredients" Simply Sleep and Benadryl are the same exact medication. They use different fillers so they can get a patent on the forrmula, but the only active ingredient is the same:

Simple sleep:

Active Ingredients: Each Caplet Contains: Diphenhydramine HCl (25 mg) (Nighttime Sleep Aid)

Benadryl:

Active Ingredients: Diphenhydramine HCl (25 mg) (antihistamine)

a good thing to do, but i would not recommend for extended use, is a hardcore sleeping pill, and maybe a beer or two, your not supposed to do that, but it works, and im ok ;) . sometimes when its really bad and i know my other routine wont work, i will pop a high grade lortab 5. that is my extreme last minute thing that puts me to sleep, for instance after a concert, i can never sleep, and the lortab 5 works magics, knocks me out like a baby (no emoticon for sleeping...lol).

Thankfully tho, i am the kind of guy that can lay down, and under most circumstances fall asleep in about 5 minutes. but i wouldnt recommend this routine, i just kno that i can handle it, not sure about every1 else, we are all different

Guest Mummys Cute Little Lucy

I'm all for using lavender if I can't sleep, the only trouble is that I need some one to take it away in the night or I'll just sleep too long. I'm usually a 6-7 hour sleeper... with lavender I'm talking 9-10, not so good.. so use with caution.. It can work too well.

I used to be just like this. I think the thing to do is not let your self crash for 18 hours straight. Set a routine so you go to bed, and even if you don't sleep just lay there for 6-7 hours, maybe boring but better then staying awake keeping your brain active. And when you do crash make sure you wake up after 8 hours. Will be crap for 2 weeks or so, and you will be really tired, but eventually you should start sleeping better. For me the routine of have a job forced me to stop staying awake for ages and then sleeping for half a day. Drugs are never a good solution because you could become dependent on them :S

edit: Oh and lavender is even more helpful if you use it in a bath before bed :P couple of drops of essential oils (i think thats what they call it)makes me well sleepy :P

The 'work till you crash' cycle HAS TO STOP. In a 24 hour period, you need some off time, and with the 'computer generation' (most of this site), the off time can't involve computers or anything that involves you watching a screen.

The best way to get sleep constistantly is to get into a habit of sleep. That is set a time to go to bed, and a time to get up... and KEEP to that. Ie bed at 10pm, and up at 7am. An hour before bed, switch off everything - and sit down in a chair (no tv / etc) and pick up a book. This is your wind down time. If you need, make sure that your diapee has just been changed, and you are ready for bed. A book or a cup of herbal tea etc is a good habit to get into, but remember, you are goig to bed - so now is not a good time to check emails / newsgroups etc. You could even do this wind down while in bed, but not watching TV - that stimulates you to think, and you want to relax.

Get into the habit of 1 hour wind down before a regular bed time, and a regular wake up time.... and stick with it. Your body will automatically shift to those hours, and will be razor sharp during the time you are awake, and will fall asleep exactly at your bedtime without the need for sleeping pills etc.

Guest Baby-Toa

The 'work till you crash' cycle HAS TO STOP. In a 24 hour period, you need some off time, and with the 'computer generation' (most of this site), the off time can't involve computers or anything that involves you watching a screen.

The best way to get sleep constistantly is to get into a habit of sleep. That is set a time to go to bed, and a time to get up... and KEEP to that. Ie bed at 10pm, and up at 7am. An hour before bed, switch off everything - and sit down in a chair (no tv / etc) and pick up a book. This is your wind down time. If you need, make sure that your diapee has just been changed, and you are ready for bed. A book or a cup of herbal tea etc is a good habit to get into, but remember, you are goig to bed - so now is not a good time to check emails / newsgroups etc. You could even do this wind down while in bed, but not watching TV - that stimulates you to think, and you want to relax.

Get into the habit of 1 hour wind down before a regular bed time, and a regular wake up time.... and stick with it. Your body will automatically shift to those hours, and will be razor sharp during the time you are awake, and will fall asleep exactly at your bedtime without the need for sleeping pills etc.

I agree with keiff here. Just need to find something that allows you to relax.

Again concur with the above, A schedule has to be set and followed. For years while in the service and then after for about 15 years I religiously went to bed at 10 P.M. never after 11. My body told me I needed 8 Hrs. Sleep back then, now I can get by with 6 or so. I have to wonder are you in a great deal of Chronic pain or the Similar? How's your stress level? Has something new came up in the last couple of weeks? I know those can greatly determine your sleep habits.

For me when I get out of a routine, I will take something to knock me out. But generally within a day or so I'm back to my normal rhythm. If you need a break...take the darn break. The effects of not having sleep will be detrimental to your health. It seems that your body is telling you something is wrong with the "Knock-out" days. I always thought you kept some weird hours anyway...leave that 3 in the morning crap to the kiddies on here that can handle that. If you ain't working 2nd or 3rd shift...you should be asleep at Midnight at the latest..not counting weekends :P

You have to many hobbies and things going on it seems, perhaps a reevaluation of your time and commitments needs to be done. I can handle most of the things here now as the software glitches are pretty much weeded out. Those I can't handle can wait a couple of days if need be. When you can take a break please do so!!! Take care of yourself Mike...Don't make me Ban your I.P.!!!! :huh::P:D

P.S. I love UFC!!!!! Did ya catch the last PPV? Should be on regular TV in a few weeks..Was pretty good! I'm thinking watching that stuff isn't giving you the relaxation you need to sleep either. ;)

DailyDi

It sounds like it could be due to a hormone imbalance. On a normal sleep pattern the pineal gland in the brain releases Melatonin into the bloodstream. This chemical is what ensures you have a quality nights sleep, it peaks at about 2am in a typical person. This can be affected by many things, such as light. This chemical can be bought in pill form for rather cheap at any drugstore, and it is very safe for you, as it is a chemical your body produces naturally. Make sure you do not take more than 10mg/night otherwise it may have adverse effects.

I know about this for 2 reasons; 1 am am studying to become a nurse and 2 I work night shifts. I had a hard time sleeping during the days and not feeling drowsy at night. I take melatonin occasionally when I got to sleep to reset my circadian sleep rhythm to trick my body into thinking it naturally should be asleep during the day.

It is not a super, knock you out, sleep medicine. It is a bodily chemical that once you are asleep will put you at a higher disposition to having quality sleep.

Hope this helps, and before taking anything please read for yourself about it.

Good advice here, thanks. A regular routine is diffcult for me, but maybe I can get closer to it.

UFC: Skipped 102, needed a break from the DirecTV bills, and I had already ordered Blizzcon last month :) Planning to get the next one this weekend. Am enjoying going back and watching the early seasons of TUF as I'm seeing the start of guys who are huge today. I actually do find it relaxing. My favorite pre bedtime show returns today (judge Judy) so my DVR is set to record it every day. Plus Stewart and Colbert come back tonight so I have my evening wind-down shows back

Stress: Money is tight, but I'm kinda not that stressed about it. Important stuff is paid, just not as much pocket money as I would like. Other than that I'm mostly okay I think.

More than anything I think I have trouble slowing my brain down. Always have stuff running through my head at full speed, and takes me hours to wind down.

Hormones: Quite possible. Already on lexapro for depression so hormone levels are deffinitly an issue for me.

9AM, haven't slept yet and have hit an energy spike where I'm not even tired at the moment.

hihi

i agree with alot of the above....lavender great, but i have to take it away from lucy otherwise, as she said, she just wont wake!!

also i was thinking vitamins, or lack of them can causes this....often if animec(sp?) low red blood count, can causes sleepyness....iron often sorts this or some other vitamins....not always though!!

i have been the same i dont sleep for days then i am out all nite and day till dinner time, i know why though!

also there will be a point were the allergy meds wont work anymore, i take alot of differnt allergy merds, cronic eczema,and there comes a point were it does not work as well for sleep, then after a break from it it does work for sleep again,

the other thing, is that your paying a fortune for brand names, like benadryl, and you could just buy the product....look for the active ingredent, you can often buy that from a pharmacy cheeper.....for example i take piriton, but in a shop here called 'boots' you can by there equvilent cheeper and its the same....ingredents are the same in both(i get mine free tho :D )

but i must say a sleep pattern is always good, hard somtimes but good, your body knows what to expect if you train it

hope you sort it soon

hugs

juniper

xxx