LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Can You Have Dl Without Ab?

Frogboy

I have no desirte to act like a baby and find the girls acting like one a turn off, however the forced regression can be part of role play and that sound slike fun. I consider myself strictly a dl, however I'm willing to try the ab thing if the opportunity presented itself. I just wouldn't actively persue the ab stuff on my own.

I'm pretty much like you as far as this goes. I have no desire to act like a baby but the forced regression has always turned me on. I do wear at night for purpose and have opened up my dl side. I've thought of the ab thing but feel stupid doing it and don't feel right. I especially hate the baby talk. I do like some of the clothing though such as onsies, my cloth diapers and plastic pants, pretty much all the baby looking clothing and wear. I guess sometimes I feel like I want to be treated like a baby and have all the baby things but not act as one. More of the regression thing I think again. Maybe that's an adult toddler? An AT???? I too don't like the video's of girls acting like baby's cooing and whatnot. More along the line of diaper punishment or regression but still no baby talk. As you said, I would be willing to try the ab thing if presented but I really don't ever see that happening ever.

As the original posted had mentioned, once he gets off, it's all over as far as the diapers and all and looses any desire for them. I feel the same way only I can get back in the mood in a couple hours not days. I've often wondered if others were like this too.

As the original posted had mentioned, once he gets off, it's all over as far as the diapers and all and looses any desire for them. I feel the same way only I can get back in the mood in a couple hours not days. I've often wondered if others were like this too.

I believe it was johnbunkerDL who said that... I'm the original poster and I love wearing whenever I can (wearing right now in fact!).

Back on topic now:

I think we've established that although I started out very focussed on diapers, there was definately a little AB in there waiting to get out. Once I got over my initial excitement of being able to wear them, My ABish side made an apperance. So whilst it is possible to be one without the other, I am definately part DL, part AB! (now which way to the play room!)

Cheers All

Frogboy

I have often though about just this question,

In the recent past as an incontinent who is also a D/L

I have tried to explain to friends and girlfriends that I have fairly strong sexual and

emotional ties to diapers.

A few years ago when I was wearing 24/7 it seemed that I had two choices,

1. wear them for need and constantly be depresed and upset that I as a full grown adult

was wearing diapers and using them.

2.try and turn this situation around for myself and find enjoyment and comfort in

wearing them.

Getting online I realised that there were lots of people were wearing diapers for all sorts of reasons

not just for medical reasons.

Chatting with others online over the years I have met all sorts of people living the diapered

lifestyle, and have grown to realise that there is so much variation in people who wear them.

I was lucky to be able to try out my A/B side with an online mommy a few years ago,

I never felt that I was getting into the role of the baby and usually felt embarised

by roleplay.

I suppose you could argue that online is not real life, but I personally woulden't

gain any benefit or enjoyment from being an A/B.

I have found though that as a D/L I know what I like in a diaper, how it fits and feels,

I love vinyl pants over my diapers, I really like cloth, but can make do with disposables.

As I said everyone is very different.

As noted, the data can be skewed by perception... What exactly constitutes DL and AB are somewhat nebulous. Especially when you get into "what's DL but not AB?". For example, I consider the "I like to use my diapers" stance as an AB one, with the "I don't like to use them" as the non-AB one on that particular point of reference. But, that's just one man's opinion...

As noted, the data can be skewed by perception... What exactly constitutes DL and AB are somewhat nebulous. Especially when you get into "what's DL but not AB?". For example, I consider the "I like to use my diapers" stance as an AB one, with the "I don't like to use them" as the non-AB one on that particular point of reference. But, that's just one man's opinion...

True, true, true. What is considered ab and what is considered dl. By definition obviously adult baby and diaper lover but to ONLY be a dl means you can only love diapers and nothing more. If you like to be changed, powdered, whatever, then that is more of a baby thing so ab. Some ab's don't wear diapers. Ab's on the other hand, can be extreme to mild and there's a thousand things that can make you ab.

True, true, true. What is considered ab and what is considered dl. By definition obviously adult baby and diaper lover but to ONLY be a dl means you can only love diapers and nothing more. If you like to be changed, powdered, whatever, then that is more of a baby thing so ab. Some ab's don't wear diapers. Ab's on the other hand, can be extreme to mild and there's a thousand things that can make you ab.

AB has nothing to do with diapers. Diapers just add to the babyish experience.

DL's on the other hand just enjoy the diapers without acting babyish.

At first I thought my diaper love was sexually driven, but as time went on and I wore diapers more and more, I began to notice that I associated diapers more with a sense of relaxation and peacefulness than I did with sex (thats not to say that diapers don't excite me anymore though). I also noticed that I crave a bulky diaper... I love it when I wet a diaper and it bulks up and I have to waddle!

I am switching to cloth diapers very soon as I love the idea of all that bulk and the soft fabric on my skin... I was looking at the All-In-ones to begin with, but the more I think about it, the more I want the normal cloth type with the safety pins and waterproof pants! I started out looking at the plain white ones, but the more I look at them, the more I am tempted by the patterned ones, albeit the faint pastel style patterns, not the bold primary colour style patterns.

I have noticed how I love being changed by my wife, not all that time, and not in a "being mothered" sort of way, there's no baby talk or role-playing involved. I've also taken to latching onto her breasts when we're lying in bed together and suckling on her nipples for long stretches of time, similar to if I was being breast-fed. We call this practice "comforting". It was my wife who requested I did this the first time, but I enjoy it so much, I'm doing it more and more. It's worth noting that comforting does not lead onto or follow on from sex, it is purely an activity we engage in for mutual comfort!

As someone who felt very much a DL only to begin with, all of the above would suggest that, even if only a little, I am also AB. Don't get me wrong, I don't see this as a bad thing, just a bit surprising given my initial views of diaper wearing! I guess my question is: Is it possible to just love diapers, or are all diaper lovers also AB, just at different levels? (please note that whilst I do not wish to exclude incontinent people from this question, it is more aimed people like me who wear diapers through choice as opposed to necessity)

Well, you have a great wife if she agrees to change you. She's obviously a great, open-minded lady. I understand the enjoyment of suckling her breasts as if they were a mother's, but as you say, that's just a comforting thing. I have the same desires with my wife, but I don't think that's indicative of wanting to be an AB. All men appreciate a good suckle on their wife's ... well, you know. :whistling:

I think it's definitely possible to be a DL without being an AB. I don't want to engage in any adult baby behavior myself, not my cup of tea. I just like wearing disposable diapers. I love the plastic briefs aspect to them and, though I'm not so fond of weeing in them, I find that crapping in my diapers is a turn-on for me! It's messy, but it's FUN! That doesn't mean I want to be changed; I'm quite happy to clean my own self up.

AB has nothing to do with diapers. Diapers just add to the babyish experience.

DL's on the other hand just enjoy the diapers without acting babyish.

Well, all babies wear diapers so I find this kind of in the crosshairs of both.

Taken from this link: http://www.villagevoice.com/2002-08-13/columns/still-in-diapers/

Adult babies (often called bABies, ABs, or abies) are grown-ups into infantilism: They like to dress and behave like babies with all the trappings of the early years—cuddling, bottle feeding, diaper changing, nap time, and, sometimes, but not always, spankings.

Sissy babies role-play not only age, but gender as well; they are men who enjoy being baby girls. For these babies, the diaper is just one signifier among many (the pacifier, the bib, the rattle, the jumper) that help them get into their role, or what ABs call "baby space." There are also plenty of daddies, mommies, nannies, and other parental figures in this community, since babies can't be left alone!

Diaper lovers are more like fetishistic purists: They eroticize diaper-wearing, but it has nothing to do with being a baby. Some simply like the sensation of wearing one, some feel comforted and safe in diapers, and others wear them as a sexual turn-on. Some diaper lovers take advantage of the diaper's utilitarian purpose, others do not.

I know there's a hundred other peoples variations of what an ab or a dl is but I guess peronsally, I don't see being an ab without wearing diapers.

some abs like being treated like a baby because its a Dom/sub thing and gets them off. You can be treated like a baby without being put into a diaper, thus diapers are not always part of being an ab, they are just one other prop.

other ab's do not like to mix sex with their diaper play at all, but again the diaper is just another prop in completeing their babyish feelings, of helping them get more into a baby state of mind.

you can be an ab and be in baby mode and not have a diaper on,

however if you are a dl, the whole experience revolves around diapers, as there are no other 'props' as there are in being an ab, (pacis, toys, blankets, bottles etc...) the only prop IS the diaper.

some abs like being treated like a baby because its a Dom/sub thing and gets them off. You can be treated like a baby without being put into a diaper, thus diapers are not always part of being an ab, they are just one other prop.

other ab's do not like to mix sex with their diaper play at all, but again the diaper is just another prop in completeing their babyish feelings, of helping them get more into a baby state of mind.

you can be an ab and be in baby mode and not have a diaper on,

however if you are a dl, the whole experience revolves around diapers, as there are no other 'props' as there are in being an ab, (pacis, toys, blankets, bottles etc...) the only prop IS the diaper.

Everyone seems to have there own definition of what an ab is. You can look at 100 different sites and find 100 definitions. Some ab's like to wear just a diaper and "act" like a baby. Others are fully dressed as a baby, others get into the BDSM part of it. There's a ton of take-offs or branches that stem from the ab standpoint but I think you must boil it down to it's rawest form and find what the general population would think an adult baby would look like. I believe that would include diapers. Below is a definiton someone has written of what an ab is and as I said there are probably 100 more but I feel this would sum up what most would invision when describing an ab.

http://www.definition-of.com/adult+baby

Adult Baby:

A person who derives a fetishistic pleasure from acting as a baby, dressing up in infants' clothing and diapers, and role-playing scenes in which they act out the part of a baby as fully as possible.

If you were to break down the words adult (someone over 18) and baby (a very young child, an infant) it says nothing about clothing. When an adult comes to mind, people think over 18 years old, a grown up and you get a picture of such in your head of a person say. Now when you think of a baby, you would likely think of a small child and all the things associated with a baby which would include diapers. Therefor, I personally think an ab is someone who wears diapers and just because a handfull of people don't wear diapers but do all the other ab stuff doesn't mean ab doesn't include diapers. They simple just choose not to wear and are just another branch of ab's.

Also, as far as the props things go, you can have a dl or ab fetish and not have any "props" but still be one. Many dl's and ab's have no items related to there fetish but still have the fetish and that goes for plenty of other fetishs too. So you can be a diaper lover and not have any diapers or "props". Your desire is still of course the diaper and there are numerous branches of diaper lovers too. Some wet, some mess, some like thick, thin, platic, cloth, small, large, baby print, vintage, etc. Still comes down to they like diapers.

d_drew12,

That's a good direction to take this discussion. What we have here are the terms AB and DL. We need two more distinctions from my experience. One is based on adult sexuality. Does the diaper turn you on? Does the power dynamic of being treated like a toddler/baby by another turn you on? The other has to do with age regression. Do you want to regress without anything sexual going on? As adults, we're allowed to make a sexual connection with either objects, like diapers and power exchanges with others, like having someone change our diapers. We also can desire a mini vacation from adult pressures and responsibilities by regressing back to infancy. If your regression age is before potty training, than diapers are necessary.

My observation is that many of women who enjoy diapers also enjoy age regression. If their significant other can play to that, then out of love and appreciation there can be some "adult time".

I'm not proposing more titles. I'm happy with AB, DL and AB/DL. Others have discussed the continum between any of the extremes and I just wanted to add another dimension to the discussion.

Regards,

Honu

You can have a generalization of a group however there tends to never be anyone who fits that specific generalization.

Exactly. AB or DL is more of a general profile. If you ask anyone here what they do as an ab, dl, or both, we will probably all respond differently but we all have roads that intersect and run through that of which is an ab, dl or both. If you're truly going to be an adult baby, I still say diapers are a part of the profile. It is still different from being a diaper lover because you can be an ab who wears diapers for the baby aspect but do not desire them. You then would be 100% adult baby and not a diaper lover.

Here's the real definition as said in the dictionary of transexual since adult baby is not technically definined:

1. a person who has undergone a sex change operation

2. a person whose sexual identification is entirely with the opposite sex

There are a thousand variation of transexuals from how they live there life to what they've done with there body, etc. but escentially, it boils down to the definition and that's what bring them all under one definition.

It's another label I know but I think it would be easier to say I'm an adult baby than an adult bottle drinking, diaper wearing, baby clothed, nipple sucking, mommy wanting, babble talking, wetting, messing, baby. Adult baby is the encompass of all that can be baby and acted out by an adult (this should almost be the definition). You can eliminate what baby aspects you want but you will still be known as an adult baby, diaper wearer or not, bottle or not so long as you are taking the role of being baby like.

I like to be changed and would love to try a onesie, sleeper, and some other AB stuff.

You have to get yourself a sleeper, you don't need to be a AB or a DL to love sleepers, I was wearing sleepers long before my interest in being a DL, in fact I never heard of DL's or AB's untill way later on in life.

I have always had a thing for sleepers since I was about 12

Me too,

When younger I seemed to crave wearing and using diapers and I was very jealous of others, especially girls, who seemed to be enjoying the things of which I was deprived at an early age.

As adolescence set on, the diaper thing mixed with a craving to wear girls panties and clothing (I had a younger sister) so the whole thing ended up getting highly sexualized. I masturbate every day at least once and its not without thinging about these things.

However, as I've come to get into the DL thing totally - I use diapers in at least 50% of my daily routine _ Ive become exposed to ABs and the AB lifestyle. I now have a Nuk5, which I suck without control (can't help it) and a onesie (I love it and want more!) and I'v become about 20% Adult Baby. The baby I had repressed is coming back - and he is WELCOME. I just love being an adult baby who is in diapers - and using them. I'm so happy these days!

GlennDL in NJ

• 2 weeks later...

Ok so tonight I was driving home from work (15 hour shift today! :angry: ) and I started thinking about stuff and eventually my thoughts wandered onto getting a dummy, and how much I would enjoy using it. Not sure if it's a passing fancy or not, I may have to buy one and see!... But I think it's safe to say that I'm no longer just a diaper lover. There's some AB in there and it's gradually coming out!

Froggie

xx

Well I definately want a pacifier now. As you may now from some of my other posts, me and my wife have a baby on the way. Consequently we have a lot of baby stuff lying around, including dummies! I mentioned my sudden craving to my wife who found me a lovely blue pacifier. I absolutely loved it! It's was soo soothing to sit sucking on it! The only problem was that the dummy in question is for newborns and so was far too small. Does anyone know where I can get a cute blue adult sized paci from??? (in the UK please)

I'm at the same point as far as a sudden craving for a pacifier. Living at home has quenched that thought though.

Thats a real shame! You're really missing out! Is there no where you could hide it if you got one?

I can easily hide it, however the problems arise if anyone decides to open my door, say when battle cat spends 15 minutes meowing to get in and I happen to have a pacifier in my mouth. I mean it's a catch 22 for me, either I say I'm an abdl or I say I'm on Ecstasy. Neither one bodes well for me.