LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Why Do Religious People/Rest Of The World Hate Us So Much?

rant on/

im thinking of instances like the gal on "secret lives of women" who was fired and otherwise mistreated after her appearance, the CSI episode degrading AB/Dls, etc. is the rest of the wrold (religious people in particular) so intolerant as to villify and condemn ANYONE who doesnt conform to "the norm"? Now i say this having been confined to my "closet" due to radical intolerance in my community. a BDSM person here was outed several years ago and was basically run out of town. fired, verbally harrassed, SHOT AT with a high power rifle (police did nothing), and has his home and car vandalized (again police did nothing). So i have to be VERY careful about my activities (thankfully i have a VERY understanding spouse who sometimes plays along) But the church people just couldnt leave the poor guy alone. i have an inkling they were behind the worst of his harrasment, after several comments i overheard in some conversations about "we took care of that freak" type stuff etc.

So my question is this: Why is it that someone who isnt hurting anyone else, is a functional, productive member of society, has never committed a crime, and is "just plain folks" as we say, turned on like a leper when he is discovered to be "different"? I mean for christs sake somebody SHOT AT the guy and police looked the other way while it happened, and then cursorily looked it over and did nothing afterwards! better hope you dont come to the midwest and are "different".

im not looking for acceptance here. you can dislike what i do as much as you like. however i dont rip on you when you knock on my door asking for money for whatever cause you are pimping this week, ruin my sunday morning nap with your awful bell ringing or clog traffic around my house for nearly an hour when your service is over with geriatric drivers and thier cadillacs. i tolerate you telling me im going to hell because i refuse to attend church services. i tolerate your constant newspaper ads, radio spots and pole flyers asking me to "come and be welcome", when i already know you hate me for what i am.

So answer me why, you "better" people, do you feel the need to degrade, ostracize, harrass and intimidate those who dont agree with your "norm"?

rant off/

PS thanks for listeneing i needed to vent today after a run-in with one of our local "clergy".

Guest Baby-Toa

That's so not very good. it's mostly the "Big" religions that do that. It's probably cuz they think it's a sin to be anything against what they believe. And christians should be accepting of everything according to the book but noooooo if you're not christian you're a sinner.

damn dude if someone shot at me and the police didnt do anything shit would be going down! Like me and my homies would go straight goon squad on the comewad. Then i would call out my real goon niggy mike mike. I could just see him screaming " EAST SIDE PIE RUU" Cuz we dont fuck around in K town.

Guest Baby-Toa

damn dude if someone shot at me and the police didnt do anything shit would be going down! Like me and my homies would go straight goon squad on the comewad. Then i would call out my real goon niggy mike mike. I could just see him screaming " EAST SIDE PIE RUU" Cuz we dont fuck around in K town.

that made me giggle.

Guest ilovebunnies

in my experiance people do alot of things like hate out of fear. When people dont know something they think its strange and get very cautious. I can guess why they might choose hate as their reaction to their fear. Quite possibly hate is used as a defense, they may feel the need to protect themselves against the strange new things. Also I know that I personally have difficulty with change it could be that people are afraid of how thes worlds new changes are going to affect them. This is just a why do people hate in general kinda explanation.

I don’t think that religion owns the copyright on intolerance – people have done a pretty good job of hunting down and oppressing minorities with or without it from what I've seen. Still, it is especially galling when you see religion (supposedly some kind of moral authority) used as a justification for such appalling behaviour and for many religions, there has been an unfortunate track record of them “leading the charge

Wow--you just called billions of people you've never even met "hateful" and cast yourself as their victim. You might want to rethink that attitude if it's a more respectful, understanding, open-minded world you want. Maybe your experience is different from mine, but I have never seen anyone object to, much less insult AB/DLs on religious grounds. However, I've seen a few AB/DLs take unprovoked swipes at religious people.

Speaking as one of the deplorable, evil Christians (you know, the ones people automatically blame for their own failure to feel good about themselves), I am not against AB/DL--I AM an AB/DL. There is nothing sinful about liking to wear diapers, so long as it doesn't become an obsession--not just an intense interest and lifestyle, but a true obsession that alienates you from your friends and family, leads you to abandon your responsibilities, and becomes an excuse to waste the gifts God gave you. You don't have to be religious to see a problem with that.

"And christians should be accepting of everything according to the book but noooooo if you're not christian you're a sinner."

Where in the Book does it say Christians should be accepting of everything? Right off the top of my head I can think of ten things Christians aren't supposed to accept. And, for the record, Christians do not define sin as the absence of Christianity. Try asking a hardcore Catholic if being a Christian means you aren't a sinner.

For the record, less than .01% of the world's population even knows AB/DL exists--and 99% of those that do are AB/DLs themselves--so I have trouble taking your claim that "the rest of the world hates us" seriously. If there's one beef I have with my fellow AB/DLs, it's the persecution complex many seem to have.

Even if a religious person fervently believes you're going to burn in Hell because you like to wear diapers, and even if a non-religious person gags and belly-laughs at your lifestyle until he passes out, so what? How much power does anyone really have over you? Whether they approve or disapprove of our actions, no one is threatening our right to act as we choose. Disapproval, disgust, and even prejudice are not the same as denial of free will.

If we want people to respect our right to derive pleasure from an unusual source, we should respect their right to not like it. And we should just leave it at that: some people don't like the AB/DL lifestyle. For whatever reason, it puts them off. That doesn't make them bigots, idiots, mean spirits or what have you. I'm sure there are plenty of sexual activities you find vile and disgusting, and that you would prefer to be kept as far out of your sight as possible.

Guest Baby-Toa

"And christians should be accepting of everything according to the book but noooooo if you're not christian you're a sinner."

Where in the Book does it say Christians should be accepting of everything? Right off the top of my head I can think of ten things Christians aren't supposed to accept. And, for the record, Christians do not define sin as the absence of Christianity. Try asking a hardcore Catholic if being a Christian means you aren't a sinner.

That may be true but i have met a few that hate that i'm not christian but am wiccan instead.

Why is any religion picking on you? What type of religion are you talking about?

Who says you are going to Hell because you don't go to church?

As a Christian, I couldn't tell you that. The only person that knows where you are spiritually is you! It's no-one else's business!

If the clergy wants to battle demons, they should concentrate on the devil in the Oval Office!

rant on/

im thinking of instances like the gal on "secret lives of women" who was fired and otherwise mistreated after her appearance, the CSI episode degrading AB/Dls, etc. is the rest of the wrold (religious people in particular) so intolerant as to villify and condemn ANYONE who doesnt conform to "the norm"? Now i say this having been confined to my "closet" due to radical intolerance in my community. a BDSM person here was outed several years ago and was basically run out of town. fired, verbally harrassed, SHOT AT with a high power rifle (police did nothing), and has his home and car vandalized (again police did nothing). So i have to be VERY careful about my activities (thankfully i have a VERY understanding spouse who sometimes plays along) But the church people just couldnt leave the poor guy alone. i have an inkling they were behind the worst of his harrasment, after several comments i overheard in some conversations about "we took care of that freak" type stuff etc.

So my question is this: Why is it that someone who isnt hurting anyone else, is a functional, productive member of society, has never committed a crime, and is "just plain folks" as we say, turned on like a leper when he is discovered to be "different"? I mean for christs sake somebody SHOT AT the guy and police looked the other way while it happened, and then cursorily looked it over and did nothing afterwards! better hope you dont come to the midwest and are "different".

im not looking for acceptance here. you can dislike what i do as much as you like. however i dont rip on you when you knock on my door asking for money for whatever cause you are pimping this week, ruin my sunday morning nap with your awful bell ringing or clog traffic around my house for nearly an hour when your service is over with geriatric drivers and thier cadillacs. i tolerate you telling me im going to hell because i refuse to attend church services. i tolerate your constant newspaper ads, radio spots and pole flyers asking me to "come and be welcome", when i already know you hate me for what i am.

So answer me why, you "better" people, do you feel the need to degrade, ostracize, harrass and intimidate those who dont agree with your "norm"?

rant off/

PS thanks for listeneing i needed to vent today after a run-in with one of our local "clergy".

Wow--you just called billions of people you've never even met "hateful" and cast yourself as their victim. You might want to rethink that attitude if it's a more respectful, understanding, open-minded world you want. Maybe your experience is different from mine, but I have never seen anyone object to, much less insult AB/DLs on religious grounds. However, I've seen a few AB/DLs take unprovoked swipes at religious people.

Speaking as one of the deplorable, evil Christians (you know, the ones people automatically blame for their own failure to feel good about themselves), I am not against AB/DL--I AM an AB/DL. There is nothing sinful about liking to wear diapers, so long as it doesn't become an obsession--not just an intense interest and lifestyle, but a true obsession that alienates you from your friends and family, leads you to abandon your responsibilities, and becomes an excuse to waste the gifts God gave you. You don't have to be religious to see a problem with that.

so i take it that you are OK with religious folks harrasing, intimidating and ostracizing those who dont believe what you do? and if you want an "respectful, understanding, open-minded world" you may want to think of looking somewhere other than the church. because in my neck of the woods its exactly the opposite. religious people are the most close minded, hypocritical, disrespectful (to those who dont believe what they do) people i know of. most of the "lower society" (as they put it) are live and let live. the church people condoned violence, criminal activity and blatant hypocrasy in the case i personally witnessed. they put themselves on a pedestal above us because "we go to church and we are better than you because of it" so yes i will call them hatefull until they prove themselves otherwise. heck i was individually rejected by a church from participating in communion because someone reported to teh minister that i owned firearms and enjoyed shooting sports of various types. i was told that guns were the tools of teh devil and they had no place in the life of a churchgoer. so i quit going to church. how does that little life-lesson expierence fit into your "respectful" religion? cause i dont see how rejecting me from participating in one of christianities tennents because of my leisure activities (that have nothing to do with church and are perfectly fine as far as i can see) is respectful or open-minded.

if you have found a church that treats you well and repects your life choices without judgeing you for them, i applaud you and wish you the best of luck. cuase it sure aint gonna happen around here.

first of all your only knowledge is from the media, that would be your first misconception. Aside from the idiots at that baptist/cult church down south, most of us don't./ What we have a problem with is people calling us intolerant because we have our own beliefs. Seems that expecting people to abandon their own beliefs to make you happy is by defintion intolerant. I morally don't support certain lifestyle decisions, however from a legal standpoint I'm all for you being happy. For anyone to call themselves a follower of christ and turn around and attack someone who is "different" is not a follower of Christ. Heck I was having more fun messng with the crazy street preacher in nyc yesterday when I am a christian. I'm not sure what part of Good News got misconstrued into such hate? Albeit he wasn't bad, he just had a turn or burn message, so when he asked what do I see in the mirror I shouted "Diabetes". If your serious about your views in this thread, you completely underminded your point. Calling a bunch of people bigots and then crying victim didn't validate your message? This sounds like a total troll thread.

aliea - in every case (that i know of) where AB or Dl behavior had been exposed in the public eye we have been ridiculed, poked fun at and otherwise treated shabbily. that leads me to beleive a plurality of those people dislike us enough for it to be called hateful.

redneck boy - where i live most all the religions go out of thier way to pick at people who ARENT openly religious. its a "if you arent with us, we'll pick on you till you join" mentality. i nearly got in fistfight with a minister after he walked uninvited onto my lawn to lecture me about the fact i openly carry a handgun for self defense when im working.

and to clarify something, im not calling victim here. im simply trying to understand why the world around us (and religious people in particular) seem so intolerant of any behavior thats not 100% the social norm. i personally really dont care what people think of me or what i do. however it does rub me the wrong way when they use thier religion as an excuse to treat me shabbily. i dont care if you want to worship the sun, the moon or a bottle of shampoo as your deity. why is it you feel the need to extrovert what you belive on us?

aliea - in every case (that i know of) where AB or Dl behavior had been exposed in the public eye we have been ridiculed, poked fun at and otherwise treated shabbily. that leads me to beleive a plurality of those people dislike us enough for it to be called hateful.

redneck boy - where i live most all the religions go out of thier way to pick at people who ARENT openly religious. its a "if you arent with us, we'll pick on you till you join" mentality. i nearly got in fistfight with a minister after he walked uninvited onto my lawn to lecture me about the fact i openly carry a handgun for self defense when im working.

Okay, you honestly expect the public to be accepting of a fetish? This isn't exclusive to religious people, this is just normal behavior, people fear what they don't understand. Yeah I agree people in our circles can be rather stupid at times, however I don't tell people about my sexual fantasies. What you do in the privacy of your own home is between you and God, however should you scream it from the public square, you have no right to complain about the backlash. As for the gun stuff, I'm with you on that one. You're on your property, not his business to approach you. Since you open carry, do you live in new hampshire? not too many states allow open carry. Or are you a security officer?

and to clarify something, im not calling victim here. im simply trying to understand why the world around us (and religious people in particular) seem so intolerant of any behavior thats not 100% the social norm. i personally really dont care what people think of me or what i do. however it does rub me the wrong way when they use thier religion as an excuse to treat me shabbily. i dont care if you want to worship the sun, the moon or a bottle of shampoo as your deity. why is it you feel the need to extrovert what you belive on us?

Well the first amendment gives them that right howevrr I agree with you, nobody should be forcing their beliefs on anyone else. Alas the media does enough of that as it stands.

all i will say is i live in south dakota. any more than that may give away more than i like. i have to be VERY careful about what i post about my location as i doubt there is another ABDL in my town and if i get discovered thats all she wrote. and with the way the BDSM guy was treated, think about how i would end up. i carry a handgun because i live near a native american reservation with a very high crime rate that i have been the victim of before. i WILL NOT be a victim again.

Guest Baby-Toa

all i will say is i live in south dakota. any more than that may give away more than i like. i have to be VERY careful about what i post about my location as i doubt there is another ABDL in my town and if i get discovered thats all she wrote. and with the way the BDSM guy was treated, think about how i would end up. i carry a handgun because i live near a native american reservation with a very high crime rate that i have been the victim of before. i WILL NOT be a victim again.

WHAT!!!! YOU'RE IN SOUTH DAKOTA!!!! OMG another south Dakotan!!!!

i certainly hope no one else has to endure the fear of being outed that i do. if you can go about and be accepted (or even just tolerated) for what you are i am happy for you. it will not happen here (not in my lifetime at least).

curiositykilledthecat - you do realize that the population of the entire state of south dakota is less than 400,000 and the odds of ther being more than half a dozen to ten ABDL people in the entire state are ASTRONOMICAL? by the .01% state earilier there should statistically be only 4 of us. i know of me, one in aberdeen who contacted me through another site and toa (if hes not the same, but i dont think so). so thats 3 people outof 400,000 on one of the most visited ABDL sites on teh net. see why were a littel started to find each other?