LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Diapers And Working World

Hi all. Just dropping in to say hi and ask a few questions for the working AB's out there. I just recently got an internship with a local State Senator, and my collage path and career hopes are pushing me into the political spectrum (hopefully). I really want to work for the government, but am kinda afraid my affiliations with this lifestyle may...for lack of a better term, fuck me over, in this line of work. Senator David Vitter got outed as a diaper fetishist and it ruined his career. So my question is...if you are a relatively public eye person, how do you hide this? And should I just try and change career paths to keep it hidden?

First, congratulations on your internship!

I'm gonna say some things that other people may not agree with, but I'll try to offer the best advice I can.

I'll try your second question first: If you're significantly altering your life in a negative way so you can engage in a private fetishistic activity, I would suggest that that isn't healthy. A happy balance is good, changing career plans that you really want to follow is not.

And likewise, completely shunning a part of your private persona isn't the best idea either. Finding a happy balance is.

Of course, I think you have probably picked the second hardest career path to co-mingle with an AB lifestyle. I'd say the hardest would be superstar entertainer, but you'll have enough problems as it is.

You may get people telling you to use your political connections to try to bring about positive change in public outlook for the AB world. As you mentioned him in your initial post, I'll just re-remind everyone what happened to Senator Vitter. And he was a Senator...

So here's my advice. Be happy and merry, but don't do anything stupid, ever. Some people can pull it off, but you're talking about a pseudo-sexual activity, and those are really, really hard to redeem in the public eye. Don't call up a phone sex line, don't go to brothels, find prostitutes, use your credit card to excessively purchase AB goods... Be careful who you tell! If you tell your significant other, be sure not to hurt her(or him, but then alas, you have a new set of political problems!) enough that if you run for office they will start talking to the press and letting things "slip." Decide if it's worth the rush or the emotional satisfaction to wear at work.

Here's the big difference: In a normal workplace, your boss or co-workers shouldn't care. Angela Bauer could clear this up better than I ever could, but I believe there are legal restrictions against their discriminating against you. In a political situation, however, it's all different. If you're on a campaign people with brilliant legal educations can figure out a way to get rid of you so you don't hurt the campaign. If you're going for reelection as a politician, there's nothing you can do to tell 30,000+ constituents that they can't discriminate against you.

It's possible, but it's hard. I've been in politics for a few years now, and I'm continuing to follow that path. Just make sure you're careful, and everything will work out ok. It's very possible!

But I apologize if this disheartened you or anyone else in any way. Other opinions may well be happier!

I think Bendami has a very logical perspective on it. While you just got yourself into Politics, it is very well possible to keep a private life to yourself. Just keep your political life seperate from the times you get to be the AB inside. No point in wearing the paci to work, keep that in your desk drawer.

I'm in kind of the same boat as I'm a double major and my second major is political science. I don't have an internship but I'd recommend you just not tell anyone unless you're sure they won't use it against you

I'd go further and say don't tell anyone you don't have to. wink.gif Bendami has the right perspective. And this line of thought goes further than into govermental politics. I'm involved with volunteer groups and social orginazations and with two of these groups my affiliation goes back decades- back to when I presented as a normal male-and I held high leadership positions back thencool.gif I dropped out of the picture for a few years to deal with my possible gender transition and other issues. These settled into a softer androgynous person who is now back in these groups and I am again heading for positions of leadership, but if the issue if my near-transition comes to light they'll pull the plug on me- and those who don't like me would just love to make that happen sad.gif All it will take to start that avalanche is one single person of good repute to say they saw me out in public as a woman. Wishing to avoid any appearance of any abnormality in the group they will find enough support to force me to step down should I fight it- maybe even forcing me to leave the group(s) angry.gif I love what I'm doing and I don't want to stop. It's a constant worry as I get back into these things. The potential for loss is always there in the back of my mind and affects every step I take in these groups as most of those who knew me in the past push for me to rise back to the positions I once held.

There are no laws or regulations that can make anyone like you enough to vote for you and those who want the position for themselves will not let slip a chance of ruining you to get it crybaby.gif Being ABDL has an even higher risk factor which is why I am as careful as I am with exposing this part of me anywhere to anyone. My best choice (and yours too) would be to quietly 'disappear from the scene' and erase all tracks hoping nobody ever found anything but I'm not going to live my life in the closet. You'll have to make those decisions for yourself; just be aware that your entering the political arena is essentially betting "all in" at a very high stakes poker game with no guarantees of anything huh.gif Don't bet what you can't afford to lose.

Bettypooh

I've got to go with the being discrete advice here. Society is simply not ready to recognize this fetish as legitimate. Perhaps, in your lifetime things may change; in mine, it is unlikely. Proceed very discretely and you may well be OK. But don't forget to be true to yourself. Best wishes on the internship.

Packrat.

wow im astonished that anyone can stand the pressure of that sort of job at all even without the added abdl complications, thats why im a builder and no one cares what you wear or how you smell just that your work is good cheap and quick!

A couple of thoughts.

People are confusing what a career in politics can mean. Its one thing to run for office, its another thing to work as a congressional staffer on the hill. I know lots of hill staff, but much less elected officials (although I do know a few). I would be willing to do one of those jobs, not the other (guess which one).

If you want to run for office, well, good luck. I will say that I promise you there are plenty of elected officials who have bigger and worse things to hide than being into diapers and age based role play. Having said that though, yea, it is something that could crush a political career. As a hill staffer, or a staffer for any elected official however, you don't need to really worry as much about something like that. Especially as a junior staffer or an intern. People in the United States have a constitutional right to privacy! That includes you. So as long as you are discreet and use basic common sense about it, nobody is going to know or care. Some basics rule of thumb:

Don't tell anybody you work with about it. Its none of their business, and honestly they really don't want to know about it.

Never, ever go to an AB/DL website (including this site) on a government computer.

Don't be an imbecile or in any way shape or form bring shame onto the official you are working for. All this means is don't show up in nothing but a diaper to some public event and say you work for so and so.

Other than that, you really don't have much to worry about. Remember, there is nothing illegal or immoral about wearing diapers. Its weird and all, but really that's about it. And trust me, DC, including the hill, is FULL of weird!

Diapers and work is just a mater of management. There are a few here on DD that are incontinent, and due to that, wear 24/7 within work or wherever that they may be. In my personal experience, I do not find that diapers are a disadvantage, but that may be because i have been wearing them for the last 40+ years and have got used to them, and the advantage.

In a working environment, obviously, discretion is paramount. In the political scene, diapers could be advantageous to you as a methodology of obtaining the disabled vote. That is, if you can control this. However, the opportunity for your opposition to infantile you or try to associate you with pedophilia is always there. What I say is be careful.

It is no secret in DD that I have been urinary incontinent since I was 12. Fortunately for me I could manage while in middle school and high school without day diapers. By my last year of pre-law university I needed day diaper a lot. As I started law school I was diapered 24/7.

In high school and during my legal training I worked in various capacities for a major law firm. Those in charge there with a need to know were told about my incontinence and that I intended to be discreet. Following my graduation from law school I was hired by this firm as an associate attorney. Four years later I was promoted to partner. Here it is 21 years after I left law school and I still am profoundly urinary incontinent, meaning always at work I am wearing some form of diaper covered by conventional clothing as you would expect by a partner in a conservative corporate law firm. Never once has anyone at my firm, with a client or even an opposing law firm teased me about my diapers.

Yes, a few years after law school I was depressed about the effort needed to use diapers. I was advised to try using AB relaxation as a coping strategy. This has worked well for me. Since 1990 I have made a whole lot of good friends within the ABDL community. Perhaps I have been slightly foolish sharing my photos, making two AB videos and even appearing on a TV talk show discussing AB. Probably the managing partners had learned about my AB because they investigated me prior to making me a partner. Outside the AB community I have been circumspect about the AB and still use common sense about my diapers.

As soon as my first AP photo appeared in a 1991 DPF Newsletter I realized should I be nominated for a Federal judgeship the FBI would also find my AB pictures. I did not then, nor do I now, want to be any sort of judge. I love being a litigator representing only one side in legal disputes. It is marvelous some folks want to be judges, but I do not want to consider both sides.

Involvement in the ABDL community can well cause embarrassment in some careers, while using diapers to manage incontinence might not. It would also be foolish and a bit simplistic to assume under all conditions incontinence equals being disabled under the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA). It would be even more foolish to assume ADA is going to protect the job of an active ABDL with no proven medical incontinence based on information in DSM.

Given the distrust held by the general public about infantilism, my sincere advice to anyone going into politics or working closely with politicians is to be careful about ABDL. If you have been active in ABDL for a considerable period I would re-think going into politics.

Angela, you said it well. Not too long ago I lost my job after they found out about my "private" lifestyle. They never said that I lost my job because of me wearing diapers, but through conversations while I was going through the internal investigation I gathered that is what it was all about. They used a few other things to actually let me go, like using the computer at work for personal use. Not that anyone else at work did that then or still. Or helping a friend out with legal problem to get it taken care of. Not that any other officer would help a friend out. After I talked with a lawyer I found out that even though what they did was with in policy and not a person I talked with from my job agreed with how it turned out, there wasn't anything to be done to undo what had happened. I have now come to terms with that and I am starting to move forward and look for another job somewhere else. However I am not stupid enough to not know that with the background investigation that I will have to pass that my "private" life may again come out. I will have to deal with that when it comes up.

This all being said I say keep your diapers to yourself and your loved one or those close to you and not at work. If they have a problem with your "private" life no matter what it is they will find a way to make it a point not to keep you or make it hard for you to stay there. No matter if we think that it is right or not that is how life works I am finding out.

Very good tips here. To add and reinforce opinions, I will suggest:

1. Don't post any photos of yourself in diapers on public websites. It only takes minutes of being on the internet before someone can make copies, even if you delete everything 5 minutes later.

2. Don't tell anyone you wear diapers, even girlfriends because they might turn on you later if the relationship breaks up.

3. Wear diapers only at home or in private so as not to be discovered. If you must wear them in public or at work for the feelings you get from them, try discreet protective pull on underwear instead.

4. Be very careful around people and co-workers. Watch whah you say and make sure anything unusual that you wear is not visible.

5. Be extreamly cautious about hooking up with any "ladies of the evening" even if diapers are not involved.

6. Do not leave any kind of electronic or paper trail as far as any fetish activities.

7. Always think of yourself as being under a microscope! Think, "Who might possibly find out someway or somehow what I'm doing and exploite it?"

Now, I suggest this for a few reasons. Even though you yourself might not be running for office, if you work for someone in public office, you can also come under scruteny yourself. We see from time to time how someone working for a politition gets caught up in some scandle. The opposition is always out there looking for anything they can find to bring up to the media to hurt their opponant. You don't want anything coming back on you.

Also, this is the career you have chosen and you seem to like it. Do you want to take any kind of chance on ruining it possibly forever by having someone find out and publicize your fetish for diapers? What other politition or public figure would hire you after being found out?

Again, even though you are not running for any office yourself right now, who knows what the future might bring? As much as the idea of a president or vice president of the USA who likes wearing diapers may appeal to many of us, I'm sure the majority of the country would have opposite ideas about it. It's amazing just what can be dug up on someone's background when they decide to run for public office.

Just be very careful on what you do with your diaper interests and use some everyday common sense.

....What other politician or public figure would hire you after being found out?....

That sums it up right there. I've known gays and TG's who had good relationships with their working management and some/all of their peers. When management changed, their jobs got flushed away and nobody else in the field would hire them after that because they knew angry.gif That's what happens to you when you're different. It's happened to me crybaby.gif

Listen up good here: You are on your own when you're different to the point of many people considering you to be wierd. You either have to be out and accept the consequenses (or possible consequenses) of that or hide it so well that it doesn't become known by anyone who can connect it with your real life. And if the poop hits the rotary air moving device nobody's going to risk exposing themselves to the downwind flow by helping you. Nobody. They will see you as a liability they don't need or want and you'll be out of the picture forever. When the next potential employer calls back, your old boss will 'do them a favor' by telling them they should steer clear of you even if they don't say exactly why, knowing that the 'favor' will be owed in return someday.

Welcome to reality and yes, it sucks bigtimesad.gif

Bettypooh