LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Abena X-plus

dunno why but Abena X Plus are seem thicker n thicker every time I buy em.

atm got a really wet Abena X Plus small on tightly and really loving it mmmmmmmm :P:P:D:wub::wub::wub:

dunno why wen i run out of nappies, den suddendly get em again, i get well excited and horny :blush: wen i wear n wet em again. :Crylol:

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Just wondering if anyone has had the new improved version of

abena x-plus yet.

Half way through my last box of x-plus i noticed they seened different

to how they had felt befor, so i waited till i went to dollys where i had some from a previous order so i could compare them.

I was right, they now have a much smoother plastic covering wich seems

softer and a lot quieter than befor.

The tapes also seem to hold better aswell, partly due to the lower tape being a lot wider than befor wich means when you wake up in the morning theyer still in the place where you stuck them.....

has anyone had thease yet and if so what do you think of them?

Tj. :P

They seem to be getting better all the time. I have noticed many changes over the last year or so.

After they went thin, and then back to thick, they were pretty good but the tapes had the realy light blue color and they were weak. And the padding was kinda soft and would break up a little after a while.

Lot numbers that indicate manufacturing arround Dec 04, I noticed that the padding was a little stiffer and the tapes changed to the new wider, longer and stronger tapes with the dark blue color.

Lot numbers that are arround Mar 05 they went to a even stiffer and more durrable padding, and added the yellow wetness indicator stripes. They still had the better tapes. The backing did change a little, and got better in my opinion, I also noticed that compared to the old ones, they are just a little bit wider. However, they were having some problems with the new padding making holes in the plastic backing

Somwhere arround the May lot numbers I think? They fixed the problem with the padding, I was told by adding a thin layer of fluff right next to the plastic backing. I thought that after they fixed that, that they wicked the wetness a little better too, but that could have been my imagination.

I have seen pictures of a new style that has a different kind of printing on it, but I have not recieved any of these yet, but I am looking forward to it. I really think that they are making all the right imporvements, the padding is getting better, the tapes are great now, I haven't had one pop off or break since they changed them. I notice that the padding is very durable. These are the things I have noticed about them over the past year or so.

Iowaincon

Guest RandomPerson

Are the Abena medium Plus anygood as a daytime diaper? Like if they are any good during the daytime or do they require alot of changing? And can they hold up to nightime use with bedwetting very well? I like from what I read that they are descrete and small but how much can they hold? I know the X-Plus is great I have tried them before but right now Xpmedical is having a sale on the Medium Plus and I was wondering if anyone here has any experiance with them?

I like the sound of them but I was thinking of maybe trying the Molicare Super they look really good. I can get a lot more of the Abena with this sale but I think the Molicare hold a little more. What is your opinion on which one I should get? I was thinking of wearing 24/7 for a while but I dont want something that will leak.

I like the sound of them but I was thinking of maybe trying the Molicare Super they look really good. I can get a lot more of the Abena with this sale but I think the Molicare hold a little more. What is your opinion on which one I should get? I was thinking of wearing 24/7 for a while but I dont want something that will leak.

Molicare don't fit me well, so I don't wear them. Have heard others say they are very absorbent though.

My personal suggestion is the Abri Plus and get some Depend Boost or Abri-Let liners if you want them to be X-Plus level absorbent.

http://www.xpmedical.com/id.html

I think they should be the same, I mean people are made the same in the US as they are in the UK? :)

I agree, but for some strange reason, that's not the way the manufacturers of nappies see it. Don't ask me why but I know that the European product is not necessarily the same as the US - Poise pull-ups are different, to give just one example that I've come across.

Dolly

I wear a medum X-plus has anyone tryed the large on a medum body? and how do they fit?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Large are the best. I have the newest ones and they are awesome...Get them at xp medical in california..CBear

Hi Abena users,

I have been using these nappies now for about a year and a half. I think all of the Abena nappies come from the one factory, so unlike other brands we are all on a level playing field in terms of the product we get.

The first pack of Abriform Xplus that I got were very ordinary to say the least and did not live up to all the hype I had been hearing. The tapes were just woeful and the nappy was too narrow in the crotch. I thought that the only thing they had going for them was that they were very thick.

I purchased another pack six months ago and the quality had improved remarkably. They had widened the crotch and improved the tapes a lot. These were finally the nappies I had been wanting and lived up to all expectations. The one thing I really like is the fact that the padding at the front extends very high. If you are a bedwetter like me then that is just what you need. If you are a DL you will appreciate the thick white styling.

I did get a carton recently of old stock and it was the old style (pre yellow wetness indicator) and they were just terrible compared to the others I had been using. Be careful of old stock with this product. The new ones are far better.

Someone pointed out that they changed the plastic backing. It is not in my opinion as good as it was. It has a slightly more mat finish to it as opposed to the shiny plastic. This will reduce the performance of the tapes a little. Dont rush putting it on. Press the tapes on firmly and it will stick nicely. Stand up before the tapes are on properly and they have a tendancy to peel off.

If you want to really make this an incredible nappy, get on of the Abri-let boost liners. It is huge and fits just perfectly inside the nappy. It will boost the capacity of what is already a thirsty nappy to something that I have never experienced before.

Hi Dan,

Very interested to read your post - it's a while since I've used Abena (been on tena for a bit) but am thinking of getting a case of Abena as lots of people have been saying they've improved recently. Like you I like to use a booster pad for extra security - but I thought the Abri-Let had a plastic backing, so how do you deal with that? Do you know how they compare to Boots nappy booster pads (available in the kids' section - £2 for a pack of 14) - they give lots of extra absorbency and padding for a secure feeling and a nappy with a big capacity :-)

Take care,

Paul

Hi Abena users,

I have been using these nappies now for about a year and a half.

The abena that we get in the U.S. are the same as any of them. I have talked to Gary at XP Medical, and he has them shipped here from Denmark. He says that they come by ship, and a company wishing to import has to buy something like 900 cases at a time. Then you have about a 6 week shipping time to get them to the U.S. and a little more time tied up in customs. So we tend to get the new versions a little later here. If you go to the XP Medical web site, you can see photos of a recent tour that he got to take of the Abena Factory, it is really neat. As far as the new tapes go, I noticed that right after they changed them, that they did pop off easier (as in came un-stuck). I have found that if you make sure that there are no wrinkles under the tapes, and you rub the tape to make sure it seals good, that they stick quite well. I always had a problem with the old tapes comming off of the back side, where they attach to the diaper, I have not had that problem with the new ones. I personally could not be happier with the abena x-plus, I think that it is the best product that I have ever used. I wear them 24/7 for incontinence, and I bet I could count the number of leaks on one hand that I have had in the last year. Just my two cents.

Iowaincon

I have found that if you make sure that there are no wrinkles under the tapes, and you rub the tape to make sure it seals good, that they stick quite well. I always had a problem with the old tapes comming off of the back side, where they attach to the diaper, I have not had that problem with the new ones. Iowaincon

I will try that...thanks.