LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Abena X-plus

Huh, okay so recently I have become a big fan of Abena even though as noted I wasn't in the past. So I have ordered from Amazon or Northshore (via Amazon) Abri-Form M3s and M4s with plastic backing and Delta-Form M2s and M3s with cloth backing. I really like all four. Thing is I just got the Abri-Form M3s and I noticed something that doesn't quite make sense to me. The Abri M3 is more equivalent to the Delta M2. It has a similar thickness and the smaller matt shape. Likewise the Delta M3 is more akin to the Abri M4.

Did I just get old stock of the Delta-Forms or are the Delta-Forms roughly equivalent to the Abri-Form of one level higher (3=4 etc)?

• 4 weeks later...

I just ordered a bag of M4s. I wasn't a big fan of the original Abri-Forms, but I'm hoping the M4s change my mind a bit. With Depends getting harder to find I'm in the market for a new go-to diaper; it's probably gonna end up being Attends, which I really enjoy, but I'll let Abena make its case.

I think you wil really enjoy the M4's. I have tried many of the more popular adult diapers and the plastic backed M4's are my favorite. They hold a ton especially compared to any of the depends brand. I hope you enjoy them as much as I do :)

• 3 weeks later...

I have found I actually rather like the cloth-backed Delta-Forms and now kinda want to try the newer cloth backed "Premium" Abenas. Has anyone bought them recently? One of the things I really didn't like about them in the past was that the tapes where tape. They didn't stick all that great to the cloth backing. The Delta-Forms have velcro tabs which work far better.

• 3 weeks later...

Well to answer my own question, from looking around a bit more online it seems like the Premium Abri-Forms do still have the tape tabs instead of the velcro. Worse they use those flexible rubber band tapes that it seemed like every maker (well Molicare and Bambino anyway) tried for about two seconds before getting rid of because they sucked.

• 4 weeks later...

I managed to get some Abena L4 (NOT the air plus) for under $17 a bag because of a sale at drugstore.com. If you guys want a good deal like that, sign up for their emails. They occasionally send out various one and two day sales and coupons. Plus, there was free shipping because I spent more than $25. Just spreadin' the word.

• 3 weeks later...

Copied my post from another thread but wanted to post it here too in the Abena section so here it is.

Hey all, another update. Just got an email from abuniverse. They are now 15% off diapers rather than their usual 10% off sale! In addition, you can still use coupon code DISPOSALE15! One case shipped to me is just over $51 for the M4's. 5 cases allows for the maximum shipping discount and brings the cost to where I live, of $43.43 a case shipped!!! Just over a buck a brief!! Thought you'd all like to know. Sale ends March 15th, 2013 so get it now!!

Just FYI, both Bambino and XPMedical were $59.95 a case delivered as of today.

Lastly, Kyle from ABUniverse sent a message about the rumors behind the discontinuing of the Abena X-Plus.

" Fortunately for us, this rumor that the X-Plus has been discontinued is only partly true. So although it looks terribly bleak and gloomy, it is only partly so.

It is true that the Adult Small sized X-Plus is discontinued and no longer available from Abena at all. Not good news for those who wear a size small and want the plastic backing.

It is also true that Abena is no longer distributing the X-Plus in any size to distributors in Europe. The general market in Europe favors the cloth-like backed Air-Plus version.

But fortunately for those of you who have heard of and shop at ABUniverse.com, the X-Plus will continue to remain available in sizes Adult Medium and Adult Large for the foreseeable future. Our friends who can fit in those two sizes can at least take comfort in that."

Guest Diaperdragon

Copied my post from another thread but wanted to post it here too in the Abena section so here it is.

Hey all, another update. Just got an email from abuniverse. They are now 15% off diapers rather than their usual 10% off sale! In addition, you can still use coupon code DISPOSALE15! One case shipped to me is just over $51 for the M4's. 5 cases allows for the maximum shipping discount and brings the cost to where I live, of $43.43 a case shipped!!! Just over a buck a brief!! Thought you'd all like to know. Sale ends March 15th, 2013 so get it now!!

Just FYI, both Bambino and XPMedical were $59.95 a case delivered as of today.

Lastly, Kyle from ABUniverse sent a message about the rumors behind the discontinuing of the Abena X-Plus.

" Fortunately for us, this rumor that the X-Plus has been discontinued is only partly true. So although it looks terribly bleak and gloomy, it is only partly so.

It is true that the Adult Small sized X-Plus is discontinued and no longer available from Abena at all. Not good news for those who wear a size small and want the plastic backing.

It is also true that Abena is no longer distributing the X-Plus in any size to distributors in Europe. The general market in Europe favors the cloth-like backed Air-Plus version.

But fortunately for those of you who have heard of and shop at ABUniverse.com, the X-Plus will continue to remain available in sizes Adult Medium and Adult Large for the foreseeable future. Our friends who can fit in those two sizes can at least take comfort in that."

• 3 weeks later...

OK! So I just ordered a case of Abena Xplus L4's and I wanted to discuss this diaper somewhere. I thought this was the perfect place. So these diapers are really thick and there is o much plastic! @_@ I'm use to store brand diapers (cloth) and so it feels so different to wear plastic diapers again! ^_^ I LOVE THEM! D: However I had a few questions for people who are more experienced in these diapers. How should these diapers fit? I noticed when I wear these, there is a gap near my rear in the leg holes and I was wondering if that was normal? Also, according to XPMedical there is suppose to be rear elastic waistband and I am noticing there isn't one, is that because I am wearing L4 and not M4? I have to get use to a diaper that I can't easily reseal. That means putting it on and tapping it up right the first time. Maybe I am not tapping these tight enough. The leak out the side earlier and that was what I was hoping to make harder to happen. Let me know what you think from your experiences with this diaper.

• 4 weeks later...

So I've been wondering.... A lot of people (including myself) had bad problems with pinhole leaks and tabs that wouldn't stick well. This had been an ongoing problem for about 1 year now and I'm wondering if Abena has gotten their act back together yet. Has anyone noticed if this is still an ongoing problem?

I recently bought a few bags from XP Medical....out of 24 diapers, I had one pinhole leak, but it wasn't an awful one. The problem I had was the tapes. The white "refastenable" tapes on top of the blue tabs always made contact with the diapers plastic, so if you tried to readjust the fitting, you ripped the plastic in doing so. I also had a few instances where the tapes would stay on overnight, but the plastic holding them would rip (could've had it too tight, but I haven't had that issue before). Aside from those issues, they do hold a generous amount which is always a plus....patiently waiting for June to come around so Dry 24/7s are back in stock :)

I haven't had any issues with pinehole leaks but the last batch I had did have the tapes ripping off issue. On about three or four from the bag the tapes just tore off when trying to put one on. The most recent bag I got, doesn't seem to have that issue. Every new bag I get though seems to be slightly different from the last. The one I got that had issues with the tapes

Been wearing these primarily, 24/7 for over a year and never an issue with pin holes once. Every now and again, a tape may pop, rare, but I've worn plent of other diapers, from big companies that have had that issue or some other issue. Overall, for me, you just can't beat the Abena. Just FYI, ordered a few cases a month ago from abuniverse and the bags in the box are now clear, no writing. Didnt bother me as it's one less piece of info that can be discovered. I do however have an issue with the tapes were if I go to re fasten the , the top tape peals off of the blue tape fine but the top tape is set to far back to were it will stick to the plastic of the diaper itself. It has made refastening a bit difficult and impossible at times not to tear the diaper cover.

With my pack, the tapes didn't pop off....they'd stay attached....it was the plastic wing they were attached to that would tear off while I slept....could've been that certain pack I had...I'm sure I'll give 'em another try in the future...got a bag of Molicares coming tomorrow (trying other brands while dry 24/7s are out of stock).

That's funny. My molicare I have constantly have tapes coming loose, especially at night, I cannot just wear a diaper, I must put pants on or they will come off. Must snag on sheets at night or something. It's happened during the day though too. They never tear, just come off the wing.

• 3 weeks later...

D_drew, you might be taping them on too tight. When you move around a lot (even at night) you can inadvertently pull on the tapes. One of Molicare's failure points does seem to be the tapes pulling free while others will tear instead. Still, try putting your diaper on just a little bit looser and see if that makes any difference.

You know, I actually just emailed Abena Support and let them know I was dis-satisfied yet hoped they had improved their lines. D_drew; you're right their tabs do suck and so does their pinhole leaks problem.

Actually, over all, I find the Abena to be hands down my favorite diaper. Most absorbent, best at catching leaks in any position, never get a rash from them either, tapes have been great aside from the recent minor issue mentioned above, and I have yet to have ever had a pin hole leak, seriously. Thanks for the link though. I'll mention the tape issue to them.

during the week I use the Attends breathable diapers, buy on the weekends or when I don't have to work I love the ABRI=FORM Premium air plus. As with I always use a ATN booster. Never a leak unless I've wet it to the max. Both great diapers