LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Abena X-plus

Is there an Abena m8 coming out? (twice as thick as the m4) You can barely feel the Abena unless you are wearing jeans or shorts over it!

order on

Has anyone heard about Abena stopping the production of the plastic backed diaper and going all cloth backed diaper?

I have had a newsletter from my supplier the other week stating that people should start and stock up with the plastic backed Abenas because Abena will quit producing the plastic backed nappies from January.

I have had a newsletter from my supplier the other week stating that people should start and stock up with the plastic backed Abenas because Abena will quit producing the plastic backed nappies from January.

This rumor has been circulating nonstop for several years. Which supplier sent you this statement?

Gary from XP Medical has confirmed this rumor. Abena is attempting to wrap up production of its plastic backed diapers.

Gary is trying to convince Abena to keep the plastic X-plus in production, but makes no promises at this point.

Time to stock up or switch to a new brand I suppose.

Gary from XP Medical has confirmed this rumor. Abena is attempting to wrap up production of its plastic backed diapers.

Gary is trying to convince Abena to keep the plastic X-plus in production, but makes no promises at this point.

Boooooo!

That sucks, I'll probably end up giving bambino my business if this happens, the one thing I don't like is that the bambino mediums fit too tightly, but I end up swimming in the larges, where the abenas fit better because of the extra inch, i guess this is another good reason for me to continue my diet.

Delta form going clothlike also?

Meh. I never liked the clinical look of the Abenas anyway.

I think they're nice diapers but yeah the "clinical" look does throw me off some.

I have to admit the solid white Drys do have an advantage there. I realize color coding is to help medical staff in a hospital or facility environment... but does it have to be that over the top?

• 3 weeks later...

Pity about the rumors, since trying the x-plus a few years ago, I have used nothing else and the price jump to the airs is steep.

Just bought my first case of drys, if they discontinue the plastic backed with out reducing the price of the airs my business will go to them.

On another note. If this is almost inevitable has anyone thought about or started a petition? You know to show the support that the plastic backed still have.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I read pvcdiaper's review:

The tabs used to secure the diaper are 2 pieces of sticky tape. The first blue tape is used to roughly put the diaper in the right place, then a secondary white tape is used to tighten the fit.

OK, first let me correct on the tightening. That's what you do first, tighten. THEN, attach the tape, blue side down to the surface, with the white on top. THEN, if you are able to use a restroom, you ONLY unfasten the WHITE tape on top of the blue, "just do it", and then put the white tape back over the blue. After you're done, it's Just the way it was before.

This is what happens when it's done wrong:

Although this means it fits well, it’s also virtually impossible to take off and put back on again without tearing the fabric. Even while repositioning it I managed a huge tear.

The Abena M4 Premium AirPlus is not meant for everybody. It was really designed for a dual purpose: For patient care technicians to use for their patients, and so that the retail buyer can use it too, as a precautionary measure when away from restroom facilities for extended periods. The product performs remarkably well for this purpose. An added benefit is that it is quiet, and nearly impossible to notice under loose clothing, while retaining the same amount of fluff, polymer, and absorbency (its thickness). It was not originally designed as an ABDL product, even though it is still very soft and comfortable for those who can live with the cloth-like backing.

– you’re going to get much better value out of the Lille Supreme Fit Maxi with it’s resealable velcro-like tabs.

In your case, I think you're right. Most people who are unfamiliar with the type of system Abena uses (other brands do the same, including Tranquility and DryCare) and assume a two-part tape system is only one part, so they end up undoing both at the same time, which causes the backing to tear. A single layer Velcro fastener over a cloth-like backing suits this purpose better, because there is less mechanically to monkey with. Part of why they might not have converted to a single layer Velcro strip, could be patent issues. That could only be my guess.

• 3 weeks later...

http://www.xpmedical...sticbacked.html

Here may be some good news for some.

I'm not wure why I felt the need to, but for some reason I decided to read the information again from that link regarding the future of plastic backed Abena products. This time around I noticed something big that would have a huge impact on me. In that post it only refers to Abena M's and L's(mediums and larges), it mentions nothing of Abena S's(smalls). So here's my question(s); was it only the medium and large size that Abena was thinking about only offering in "cloth" back, and not even thinking about changing the plastic backed option for smalls? Or are they for certain changing all smalls to "cloth" backed, and they only changed their mind regarding mediums and larges and will continue to offer those two sizes with a plastic back option for now? I really hope it's the first one, that smalls weren't on the table to be changed to "cloth" back to begin with, and will remain plastic backed. If all the Abena smalls are being changed to "cloth" back, that would just be fan-fucking-testic news, as that would mean the number of size small adult diapers on the market that work properly for my needs would now be zero :/ .

• 3 weeks later...

Anyone else having tape problems with Abenas as of late? Had two cases of large X-plus and one case of Mediums where the tapes one one side have not been properly attached to the backing sheet.

• 4 weeks later...

This is why I stopped buying them. Abena's used to be great but they cut back their design. Now the tapes won't hold and you have to deal with pin-hole leakes (varies with each batch/case). You may not have noticed either, but I did- they don't hold as much now either. Think about it. They want to get rid of the line yet so many want to keep it. Solution, make the diaper cheaper to increase the profits.

Abena. Yea you. Start ensuring quality control for once, and start making the x-pluses with the quality they used to have. I'll even pay the premium increase just to get something that works great again.

I bought a case of the L4's and they are quite a bit different from the old X-Plusses. They seem to still hold up quite well but they just feel 'different' I haven't had any tape or pin hole issues yet so perhaps I got a decent batch.

Not sure I would go back to using these exclusively again like I used to though.....

I haven't had any pinhole or tape issues with my Abenas and I wear them the most (sizes small and medium). I order them exclusively from XPMedical.

We had been using mediums and larges from XP for quite some time... but 3 problem cases in a row has soured our taste for them. Maybe we are just unlucky... but I'm gonna give 'em a few months off anyways.

We had been using mediums and larges from XP for quite some time... but 3 problem cases in a row has soured our taste for them. Maybe we are just unlucky... but I'm gonna give 'em a few months off anyways.

Ived had 3 bad cases of the medium Xplus m4 recently ,

From bad tabs / splitting issues ,

all one side bad fold , blue tabs stuck to inside linner , stuck and if you tried removing it you tore the linner

Abena contacted me directly and told me to stay away from the supplier i was using ,

Not much luck with the newer Secure xplus eighter

Never had those issues with Abenas in the UK, However what I don't like much about Abenas is how they clump up so easy.

Even if bone dry and I sleep in one, next morning the padding would have shifted all down the middle from the front.