LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Abdl Books?

kazubb

Hi,

one book is the autobiograhy of Kathi Stringer; http://www.toddlertime.com/5150.htm , a neo-babygirl like myself.

Then it it described in the Book http://www.amazon.com/New-Primal-Scream-Th...5738&sr=8-3 , the New Primal Scream Therapy. The therapyconcept is going back to point of birth and then regrow from baby to adult including roleplay like a liitele child and toddler.

Babygirl Kvetinka

True, fiction is always. But I was wondering if anyone has ever tried to understand what makes us abdls and tried writing a book about it? It's an ever growing scene that's been appearing in the new, Jerry Springer, CSI, TV shows, heck even one of my favorite video game series has a few references to the topic in on title. Just wondering if there were any books other then the fiction stories out there?

Pattie Borland has a book called Babies, There is also a study on Infantilsm, I want to say is called the Paraphillic study of infantilism or something along those lines.

There are quite a few nonfiction books that discuss AB/DL and other forms of ageplay, but very few that are all about the subject. Different Loving by Brame, Brame and Jacobs has a good long chapter on the subject--though, it's a fair bit out of date now. And someone already mentioned the Toybag book; I haven't read it but I've heard it's okay. I don't know any other nonfiction books that are entirely about ageplay.

Polly Borland's book is an art book with photographs of AB's, not really a nonfiction book about us. Kathi Stringer's book is about Kathi Stringer's idea of infantilism, not about anyone else's experience of it--and, not to put too fine a point on it, she's prone to making stuff up; I don't consider her reliable. That study on infantilism the last poster mentioned is probably "Psychosexual Infantilism in Adults" by Tom Speaker, which used to be published by DPF; it's supposedly the guy's doctoral dissertation, but it's from an unaccredited diploma mill that's long since been shut down for fraud; I'm not even sure whether "Tom Speaker" is a real person, and in any case he can't be considered authoritative. Wish something better were out there, but I don't know of anything... except for the internet.

Anyone not in the community that was serious about writing a book would research it where? My guess would be here. There's probably more knowledge of the subject on this website alone to write a couple books if it were compiled and edited by someone up to the task. My only reason to read any book about us by someone outside of us would be to see whether the spin was fair as opposed to biased and positive vs. neutral vs. negative. Other than that what could they possibly tell me? I don't even think a shrink would tell me anything I don't already know or at least suspect about myself.

Hugs,

Freta

Kathi Stringer's book is about Kathi Stringer's idea of infantilism, not about anyone else's experience of it

True. Furthermore, the book might have been just an attempt to win a debate on Wikipedia.

The timing is consistent with an attempt to get a published reference for the phrases "ABDL is NOT True Infatilism"[1] and that diapers weren't "costumes and props[2]" which were debated on Wikipedia the year before the book was self-published. The main conflict in the book was settled in 2001, the Wikipedia debate was in 2006, and the book was self-published in 2007. These phrases appear in the four pages on infantilism at the end of the book. (The rest of those four pages are already up on her website.) That debate didn't go her way, because all known, published sources disagreed with her.

As for what the rest of the book is about, please note that "5150" is the a code for short-term involuntary psychiatric committal. This is usually reserved for those at risk of doing physical harm to themselves or others. People don't get 5150'ed for diaper rash.

To be honest, I was pleased to see this book come out. The problem with websites is that people might read one or two nice articles, and overlook the rest of the website. Overlooking most of a book isn't as easy to do. This book details repeated self-injury, the actions of someone with something much more dangerous than infantilism. It also records her initial diagnosis of Borderline Personality Disorder. Self-injury is a symptom of BPD, but not infantilism.

I can understand why someone would want to think that they have infantilism, instead of Borderline Personality Disorder. It is a horrible disorder. Some AB/DLs also have BPD. However, we definitely don't want that someone redefining infantilism around BPD.

As for my recommendation about books on infantilism, I'd have to agree with Enfant about Gloria Brame's "Different Loving." Its ageplay section is both larger and better researched.

1) http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=...;oldid=41727230

2) http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=...;oldid=56649105

Pattie Borland has a book called Babies, There is also a study on Infantilsm, I want to say is called the Paraphillic study of infantilism or something along those lines.

Umm that would be Polly Borland ..there are pics of me in it woohoo

True. Furthermore, the book might have been just an attempt to win a debate on Wikipedia.

The timing is consistent with an attempt to get a published reference for the phrases "ABDL is NOT True Infatilism"[1] and that diapers weren't "costumes and props[2]" which were debated on Wikipedia the year before the book was self-published. The main conflict in the book was settled in 2001, the Wikipedia debate was in 2006, and the book was self-published in 2007. These phrases appear in the four pages on infantilism at the end of the book. (The rest of those four pages are already up on her website.) That debate didn't go her way, because all known, published sources disagreed with her.

As for what the rest of the book is about, please note that "5150" is the a code for short-term involuntary psychiatric committal. This is usually reserved for those at risk of doing physical harm to themselves or others. People don't get 5150'ed for diaper rash.

As far as I have understood from the book is that outwardly infantilistic behavior can be induced through MPS (multiple personality disorder) as a child alter or any other post traumatic reaction.

Denying diapers and pacifiers in mental hospital still remains a form of therapy mistreatment or abuse in my opinion.

As far as I have understood from the book is that outwardly infantilistic behavior can be induced through MPS (multiple personality disorder) as a child alter or any other post traumatic reaction.

Multiple Personality Disorder (MPD, or more recently Dissociative Identity Disorder, DID) and Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD) might also be present in that patient. If specific AB/DLs have little or no recollection of what happened when regressed, they might have DID with a child alter. If specific AB/DLs have persistent, disturbing flashbacks of past traumas, they might have PTSD. These conditions are both more serious than paraphilic infantilism. They also have characteristic symptoms that are absent in most AB/DLs. Most AB/DLs do not have these symptoms, but some would, since some AB/DLs have both these more serious disorders and infantilism or diaper fetishism.

My point is that these other conditions are neither infantilism nor diaper fetishism. Infantilism shouldn't be redefined to match some other condition.

Additionally, I tend to think the doctors were the victims of abuse in this case. Of course, the book wouldn't convey their side of the story. It is said that all fiction is autobiographical, and all autobiography is fiction.

Here's a really good question; are there any non fiction/reference books on abdl out there? The closest thing to a book about it I've found is the following Age Play book offered at JT's Stockroom. I'm curious about it although I don't expect a whole lot from it.

http://www.stockroom.com/Age-Play-P3238.aspx

Back to the original topic: This book has gotten good reviews on other forums. On BBIF, Spacey wrote...

"...There is lots to like about this book. First, it doesn't suffer from the "one-true-way-ism" trap that so many books on kink seem to fall into. It's well balanced, giving a brief voice to many different configurations of age play. It acknowledges geriatric age players right along with the more traditional school girls and adult babies.

It also hit on a point that seems to shock folks when I give a class on age play, that not all littles are bottoms. It also made clear that they are many more varieties of age play than even the author can name..."

I guess it is time to stop procrastinating and order a copy for myself. It is also available at Amazon:

http://www.amazon.com/Toybag-Guide-Age-Pla.../dp/1890159735/

Are there other infantilism-related deadtree publications that people have found useful?

Additionally, I tend to think the doctors were the victims of abuse in this case. Of course, the book wouldn't convey their side of the story. It is said that all fiction is autobiographical, and all autobiography is fiction.

She proved her ability to manipulate doctors in the way she got her referral letters for SRS.