LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

I Need Honest Advice/answers!

My friend, as of six months ago, became bowel incontinent. She is desperate to regain control. However, she does not even know the reason she is bowel incontinent. She thinks it is because her muscles are weakening. She still feels it coming out. She even feels the need to go. It is just that when she tries to squeeze her but cheeks together to keep it in, it does not work too well. It keeps coming out. She has a colonoscopy in June to hopefully find the cause. The thing that scares me is that colon cancer is very rampant on both sides of her family, and I mean very rampant. I’m glad she is looking into that.

She has also been completely urinary incontinent since 2005. Before that, she was just a chronic bed wetter. As she got older, she lost more control. She was on bladder meds, which did work for a time. Then, her body failed to respond anymore. It seemed that her bladder just became more overactive until all control was lost. She is now diaper dependent twenty-four/seven. She says she has urges to go and can feel it completely. It is just she can’t do anything about it.

One day, she was talking to someone from one of her support groups in private. She would not tell me who it was, but it was his guy claiming to have things under control to the point of not having to wear diapers anymore. He told my friend that her bowel and bladder incontinence can be easily managed with no problem. He said that if what he told her worked, she could wear her underwear again. She always held onto it believing that someday, she’d wear it again. He told her to do the following:

Bowel Incontinence

He said that with meds, she could get her body to go like clockwork. All she had to do was get those liquid Glycerin Suppositories and make herself go, and then she could take some medicine to stop diarrhea to prevent her from going to the bathroom the rest of the day. Needless to say, she rushed to the store to get the supplies, and then something nagged her. She remembered what she had red online that using laxatives too much could damage the body and cause dependency. So, she did the smart thing by going to her doctor the next day to ask about it. The doctor told her that the procedure was dangerous and that it should not be tried. Good for her to trust her intuition like that. She told me that while she feels let down, she will save the meds for when the time comes that she will really need them.

Urinary Incontinence

The same guy said that he manages it with a condom catheter, which is obviously for men and that women and use indwelling catheters. He said that all that would need to be done is for the catheter to be placed in her pee pee hole, and then she could empty her bladder when it felt full. He said that using an indwelling catheter would not involve the use of a bag, as the little hose could be capped off, and she could unscrew the cap when she needs to urinate or empty. She was told that she could empty the urine into the toilet. She made an appointment with her urologist about this. Since she was misled on the whole bowel incontinence thing she is now doubting the legitimacy of the catheter. She now doubts that anything like this could be done, and so am I. If we are wrong, please tell us. I’d love to help my friend. I’m very angry that someone would tell her things like this, especially if it is not safe or worse, not even real. I’m glad she is smart enough to trust her intuition and consult medical opinion before trying anything. Could she actually do this with an indwelling catheter?

If anyone is willing to offer any insight, it would be greatly appreciated. I want to be there for my friend in the best way I know how. I hate that her hopes were up like that just to be letdown. It is so cruel. It tortured me to see her so happy. She was gleefully saying that she’d get to wear her underwear again, but I just did not have the heart to tell her that she may not and not to get too excited. But, she is figuring this out on her own with her intuition. If this son of a bitch shithead misled her like that, I wanna kill that bastard! That’s fucking cruel!

my guess this is the start of a rip off some how or some one trying to sell her something or a treatment machine

bowel control >>>> going to depend on what the underlay cause is if due to an infection it may get better with treatement if due to muscle or nevers oing away nothing is going to help, you can with time learn what makes the body move and what does not go str8 thought you given time you may need to change how you eat and what you eat to slow it down

wetting yes caths are away around the wetting but they have a mjaor down side that being the risk of infection

do not know of any texas "external" type caths for females that work

PollyAnna calm down girl..I don't think this guy intended to purposefully hurt or mislead her. What he might have found that works for him, and as such he may not have fully involved a physician in his decisions. Let's start with the catheter. Depending on the type of incontinence she's dealing with a catheter may not have been in her best interest. I can't understand why her physician hasn't discussed the alternatives to her care before this point. I also am greatly distressed that she waited over 6 months to consult a doctor over the bowel situation..that being that she has a history of cancer in the family.

I would think that she would have been rushed to the top of the list when she told a doctor this has been happening for that period of time. The colonoscopy should be preformed withing days not weeks. Anyhow, just to tell you one of the contributing factors of my incontinence was caused by a cath. I strongly advise against them as a daily regime. However it may be a alternative that she may want for some special functions when she feels a diaper would be less than desirable. Yes, they have a valve that can be placed inline so that as she feels her bladder getting fuller, she can retire to the restroom, and either vent it to the bag or in some instances just hold the tube to toilet. (did she ever have the desire to pee standing up? here's her chance) So, my recommendation, is steer clear of the Cath. Infections of the urinary tract are extremely common. While yes, they can be usefull for short periods..I personally couldn't stand it. I understand her wanting to wear "big girl" underwear. but the simple fact of having a tube hanging out of their isn't all that.

As far as the Fecal incontinence, certainly the problem needs to be addressed. The doctor can discuss with her what the problem is. From what I hear as was said a simple diet, and schedule will help her greatly. If there isn't a serious underling issue that is causing the problem. That's the biggest thing is determining what the heck is going on. You might want to google if you haven't already a true incontinence website, and inquire as to procedures and stuff regarding control of incontinence of this type. Just to give you both some viable options available, till she see's the doctor and gets this matter taken care of professionally. Best of luck to her and thanks to you, for being her friend and caring.

there are rectal type cathes can not remeber the right name for them, but i have used them on others special when using a wound vac system on a sore but they also need a diet change so it is mor eliguid then reg stool

several thing come to mind for the stool problem "IBS' cam cause it i have been to also "somting colitius'

cath should never be left open to just drain they have to be pluged or hooked to a collection type device.

there is also self cathing many do to prevent leakage problems and pressure of fliud back up in to the kidneys

No, the doctors have never told my friend of anything. She was very misinformed. Could I blame the stigma for this? All they did when she was fourteen until about eighteen or nineteen was give her medication. When it stopped working, she took it upon herself to wear diapers. The doc gave her the prescription, and the insurance has been covering them for her. That will change when she reports what she is making because her benefits will be lost. Because she is disabled, she can work--she owns her business--and receive benefits, but after her income reaches a certain amount, which it already has and she is waiting for the next quarterly payment to Uncle Sam, her benefits will go, and she will be paying for her diapers, hich she sas is no problem, since she is not hurting at all for money. As a matter of fact, this is the same friend that has been helping me out.

One doc told her that there was nothing more that could be done when my friend expressed desire to be out of diapers. The doc said that that was her only option. What she has learned as far as incontinence management is concerned is either through improvization, personal experience, or through research and self education. You can never count on medical staff to inform you. Never! She has her own blog that is incontinence related. She is striving to infom the public and advocate for the condition to prevent others from going down the road that she did. Her blog is at http://www.takeastandforincontinence.blogspot.com Her personal story is there, as well as tips for managing the condition.

She did not wait six months to see the doctor. A good friend of hers drug her there, as she originally did not want to seek help. She did finally decide to get a colonoscopy after she was bleeding in her stools. I, too, am shocked that the doctors are not taking this as seriously as they should. I, too, am puzzled as to why they are still making her wait a month and two weeks to get the job done after she mentioned that colon cancer is rampant in her family. I'm going to have to talk to her toight to persuade her to go and push the doctors to make things happen sooner. She does have gluten intolerance, as well as a disease called Chronic Systemic Candida, which could also cause problems in the digestive tract. I'm wondering if the doctors think that perhaps that these conditions are causing the problem?

She did tell the doc that the cancer is rampant in her family, and they said that this was all the more reason to get a colonoscopy. But, why in the hell would they make her wait a month in a half? I swear to God that if they do find cancer and it is past the stage of saving her, that I will not only persuade her to sue, I will also plead her case. They found pollups in her father numerous times when he was a teenager. If they were not removed, they could have become cancerous, and he was old tis by the doctor. They found pollups again when he was tested again just recently, and those could have become cancerous. Her grandfather, and her grandfather's parents on her mother's side of the family all died with colon cancer, and her mother's mom also had pollups that were on the cusp of turning cancerous. Furthermore, her father's father also had pollups that presented the same senario. My friend is at very high risk, and it seems those asshats don't care. She is so young--only twenty-four.

Wow, My Doctor jumped through hoops when I went to him for a severe abdominal pain, and I have no family history. I endured many nasty and humiliating procedures for them to find nothing! Not sure where you all or located (I looked behind me BTW). I would seriously llok into getting her a new doctor. Now that you mentioned blood in the stool, If this is still happening I would circumvent the doctor and head right to the emergency room. That can't be good, even a internal hemriod that might have ruptured needs quick attention to prevent infection. I would continue persuading her to seek the attention that you are. Hope all is well, take care of her, you, and dem..babies :)

it depends on what the blood 'in' the stool looks like... true blood in the stool is going to be a very dark red and often isn't noticeable from just looking into the toilet..

if its a bright bright red blood that is on the outside of the stool, it can be as simple as from a fisher that bursts during the bowel movement....

however, if your friend is not satistifed with her doctor than she has every right to seek a second opinion.

It is time to seek the opinions of many medical professionals. I would contact a teaching hospital that has all of the latest information. In my case here is would be the University of Florida.

I suffered with fecal incontinence for over a year. Many docs thought is was IBS. To make a long story short, I had colon cancer. This is nothing to play with.

Please advise your friend to seek medical attention now! June is too long to wait.

My friend, as of six months ago, became bowel incontinent. She is desperate to regain control. However, she does not even know the reason she is bowel incontinent. She thinks it is because her muscles are weakening. She still feels it coming out. She even feels the need to go. It is just that when she tries to squeeze her but cheeks together to keep it in, it does not work too well. It keeps coming out. She has a colonoscopy in June to hopefully find the cause. The thing that scares me is that colon cancer is very rampant on both sides of her family, and I mean very rampant. I’m glad she is looking into that.

She has also been completely urinary incontinent since 2005. Before that, she was just a chronic bed wetter. As she got older, she lost more control. She was on bladder meds, which did work for a time. Then, her body failed to respond anymore. It seemed that her bladder just became more overactive until all control was lost. She is now diaper dependent twenty-four/seven. She says she has urges to go and can feel it completely. It is just she can’t do anything about it.

One day, she was talking to someone from one of her support groups in private. She would not tell me who it was, but it was his guy claiming to have things under control to the point of not having to wear diapers anymore. He told my friend that her bowel and bladder incontinence can be easily managed with no problem. He said that if what he told her worked, she could wear her underwear again. She always held onto it believing that someday, she’d wear it again. He told her to do the following:

Bowel Incontinence

He said that with meds, she could get her body to go like clockwork. All she had to do was get those liquid Glycerin Suppositories and make herself go, and then she could take some medicine to stop diarrhea to prevent her from going to the bathroom the rest of the day. Needless to say, she rushed to the store to get the supplies, and then something nagged her. She remembered what she had red online that using laxatives too much could damage the body and cause dependency. So, she did the smart thing by going to her doctor the next day to ask about it. The doctor told her that the procedure was dangerous and that it should not be tried. Good for her to trust her intuition like that. She told me that while she feels let down, she will save the meds for when the time comes that she will really need them.

Urinary Incontinence

The same guy said that he manages it with a condom catheter, which is obviously for men and that women and use indwelling catheters. He said that all that would need to be done is for the catheter to be placed in her pee pee hole, and then she could empty her bladder when it felt full. He said that using an indwelling catheter would not involve the use of a bag, as the little hose could be capped off, and she could unscrew the cap when she needs to urinate or empty. She was told that she could empty the urine into the toilet. She made an appointment with her urologist about this. Since she was misled on the whole bowel incontinence thing she is now doubting the legitimacy of the catheter. She now doubts that anything like this could be done, and so am I. If we are wrong, please tell us. I’d love to help my friend. I’m very angry that someone would tell her things like this, especially if it is not safe or worse, not even real. I’m glad she is smart enough to trust her intuition and consult medical opinion before trying anything. Could she actually do this with an indwelling catheter?

If anyone is willing to offer any insight, it would be greatly appreciated. I want to be there for my friend in the best way I know how. I hate that her hopes were up like that just to be letdown. It is so cruel. It tortured me to see her so happy. She was gleefully saying that she’d get to wear her underwear again, but I just did not have the heart to tell her that she may not and not to get too excited. But, she is figuring this out on her own with her intuition. If this son of a bitch shithead misled her like that, I wanna kill that bastard! That’s fucking cruel!

when she went to the er three weeks ago, they did a rectal examination, and they found blood and mucus. the reason she went was because she was dehydrating, as she could not keep any fluid or foods. She feels it was a digestive problem, as she did not have any other symptoms, such as the flu. she told me she felt worn out due to losing everything, but other than that, she said she felt fine. she functioned normally up until she experienced the painful signs of dehydration, which was the cause of her ER visit.

She was released that night with the advice to see the doctor a soon as possible. The doctor and the nurse that saw her stated that it was probably due to the gluten intolerance or the Chronic systemic Candida; however, she was advised to see the doctor about some tests just to be safe. she told them that she was going to see about getting an upper endoscopy, as well as a colonoscopy, upon leaving. she told them that she'd get a doctor's appointment the next day, wich is exactly what she did.

she told me that she likes her doctors, and she feels that they are pretty good with her. She loves their bedside manner, and she told me she is not switching any time soon. If she likes her doctors, then I'm fine with that. I'm just worried, and I want the best for her. The fact that the cancer is rampant in her family is what worries me. I pray that everything works out.

Pollyanna,

first things first - the systemic candida has to be, and can be eliminated with a change in diet. - high fiber, green vegetables, zero sugars and zero meat = oatmeal and green veg only - no salt or sugars except those found naturally in the food. The side effect of this diet will be a faster operating digestive system which will increase dependence on diapers. The only medication she should take 1000mg of activated charcoal daily. This will not only eliminate the fungus, but also the smell of a soiled diaper.

It is critically important to stick to the diet and eliminate the candida. Untreated, it will kill most within 12 months.

Incontinence - it is common for a severely bladder incontinent patient to become bowel incontinent as the body readjusts to 24/7 diaper usage, however, with your friend and her history, it is more likely that she is suffering from a degenerative muscle disease, which will mean she will eventually loose all of her autonomic control.

There is surgical alternatives to incontinence which include the introduction of artificial internal sphincters. Catheters with a bladder incontinent person does NOT work. A catheter requires some sphincter tone to produce a seal between the catheter and the urethra. Since this seal will be minuscule at best, urine will collect on the outside of the catheter tubing and create an ideal breathing ground for infection.

Bowel incontinence CANNOT be controlled by medication as the body will eventually become both dependent and immune to the medication. However, the associate side effects from the medication are cumulative and will slowly destroy the cerebellum.

Timed evacuation are an alternative to diaper wearing, but this needs strict dietary control, and usually medical intervention. An alternative would be regular enemas to empty the bowels before they begin to leak.

Babykeiff, i'm so glad that you wrote me, as you are extremely knowledgeable, and I love your input on matters. You are right about the diet. she was supposed to stay on it; however, she is not the best at doing so. she has cheated at best and has really paid the price. Now, because she is sick and tired of being sick and tired, she has now taken an effort to stick to the Candida control Diet and purchase foods that are gluten free, as well as yeast free, as gluten also causes negativ reactions in her. It is her hope that she begins to feel better.

As far as the Systemic Candida is concerned, you said it would kill most in twelve months. She has lived with it untreated for twelve and a half years before it was even recognized. If it was not for her own research on the web back in 2004, she might have been one of the sad cases that end up dead. She had a horrible yeast infection to the point of not being able to sit. Everything she did did not take it away. So, she decided to type "yeast infection" into Google. She did, and things came up that surprised her, including a questionaire that is designed to assess people's candida issues. She answered the questionaire and took it to the doctor as quickly as possible. Finally, after twelve and a halfyears of going to the best doctors, being subjected to test just to find nothing, after living in extreme agony, after being sick and fatigue and trying to carry on, and after experiencing other weird symptoms, she finally had an answer. It took them so long to figure out what was wrong because from what she told me, many doctors do not believe that Chronic Candida is a disease, and it is not even taught in medical schools. If patients even mention there being a possibility of Chronic Systemic Candida, doctors will quickly sweep it away telling them that it is either not real or that it is a thing of the past. Basically, they find a million and one excuses while in the meantime, the patient is suffering and on their way to death. She is well informed on the matter, as she has spent countless months and hours researching. She has also helped others to get diagnosed and tirelessly pioneers for the condition. Thanks to her, people are living in peace.

She was actually told that she was mental by one doctor when she stated that she needed help. This was after she no longer saw the doctor that first diagnosed her due to breaching of confidentiality. she had a long and hard road until 2006, when she finally found doctors who were receptive to the condition and just did not sweep it under the rug for their convenience and so they could just load you up on more meds. I'm glad my friend finally found doctors that believe in the condition and that are willing to help her.

She is also going to begin taking 3Lack, which is supposed to be a natural supplement that keeps yeast under control, and she has purchased Nullo tablets as of this past Thursday, wich should be here Monday or tuesday of this week. Thanks so much for the advice concerning the catheters. I will certainly relay this to her. She will be disappointed, but i'm glad you told us the truth. I trust you considering your extensive background. Take care and thanks for your honest advice. You're awesome!

Re the timescale of 12 months life expectancy with candia / yeast infection, the cases that I am aware of, the yeast infection started in the lower intestine and moved to the liver. If your friend has has such for a number of years, she must have a high fluid/water intake which is somewhat keeping the yeast at bay.

She is also going to begin taking 3Lack, which is supposed to be a natural supplement that keeps yeast under control, and she has purchased Nullo tablets as of this past Thursday, wich should be here Monday or tuesday of this week.

I'd strongly suggest that she does not take 'Nullo' as with her supposed diet, will have little or no effect. The activated charcoal tablets will help better as it has a twofold effect - absorb the smells by capturing bacteria, and slowly absorb the yeast.

3lack with her diet may cause diarrhea as it is high in omega three oils which has the effect of increasing the transport speed of the digestive system. This will also reduce her energy levels lower.

The oatmeal is a high fiber slow release food as is the vegetables. Eating only those means that the yeast infection will starve to death. Consider the infection as a plant growing inside the digestive tract - its ferns are burrowing into the major organs, and it is extracting sugar (the bodies energy source) from the food we eat. It can't extract sugar from the bloodstream, so we must find a way to get sugar into the bloodstream indirectly - and that is via complex sugars within plants. Yeasts can lay dormant, so even if the effects of the infection are not apparent, add sugar and the yeast will be revived. The charcoal will absorb the yeast, but only when the yeast is dormant, and the fiber of the oatmeal works to remove the yeast from its bond with the digestive tract. In reality, it will take from a few months to 2 years to totally eliminate the yeast and during that time, if sugars are ingested, - ie the diet is changed, you will be back to the starting point.

I really can't stress how important the diet is in eliminating a yeast infection.

Also, many thanks for your kind words and compliments :)

Re the timescale of 12 months life expectancy with candia / yeast infection, the cases that I am aware of, the yeast infection started in the lower intestine and moved to the liver. If your friend has has such for a number of years, she must have a high fluid/water intake which is somewhat keeping the yeast at bay.

You are right that she has a very high fluid intake. Everytime I see her, she is drinking something. She loves her milk and juice a lot, as well as her flavored waters. She ever has been one to drink too much water, unless it is a hot summer day. Then, she packs up on ice water, as she says it makes her feel refreshed.

From what I understand, her infecton did begin in her loer intestines, as it began with her suffering chronic constipation beginning at the age of seven. Then, she started having a lot of UTIs to the point that she'd have to sit in a bathtub full of water before she could urinate. It just got worse from there. She suffered a lot of her childhood all because doctors were too into themselves. While the symptoms were treated, the underlying cause of her suffering was not, hence the reason she suffered so long.

I'd strongly suggest that she does not take 'Nullo' as with her supposed diet, will have little or no effect. The activated charcoal tablets will help better as it has a twofold effect - absorb the smells by capturing bacteria, and slowly absorb the yeast.

Now, as for the activated charcoal, won't it absorb her oral medications, since it is also used for poison control? she taks medicine for her alergies, wich can be unbearable at times. If this is the case, what would you suggest? I have thought of mentioning shots to her. Please let me know what you think.

3lack with her diet may cause diarrhea as it is high in omega three oils which has the effect of increasing the transport speed of the digestive system. This will also reduce her energy levels lower.

Will there ever come a time where she could take 3lack: or, will she have to can the idea?

The oatmeal is a high fiber slow release food as is the vegetables. Eating only those means that the yeast infection will starve to death. Consider the infection as a plant growing inside the digestive tract - its ferns are burrowing into the major organs, and it is extracting sugar (the bodies energy source) from the food we eat. It can't extract sugar from the bloodstream, so we must find a way to get sugar into the bloodstream indirectly - and that is via complex sugars within plants. Yeasts can lay dormant, so even if the effects of the infection are not apparent, add sugar and the yeast will be revived. The charcoal will absorb the yeast, but only when the yeast is dormant, and the fiber of the oatmeal works to remove the yeast from its bond with the digestive tract. In reality, it will take from a few months to 2 years to totally eliminate the yeast and during that time, if sugars are ingested, - ie the diet is changed, you will be back to the starting point.

I really can't stress how important the diet is in eliminating a yeast infection.

I understand, and so does she. Now, she was told she'd have to be on that diet for the rest of her life. What are your thoughts on this? The chronic candida has also caused her to have intolerance to a number of foods, such as gluten, will they ever go away?

Also, many thanks for your kind words and compliments :)

No problem. They are well deserved.

DUPLICATE SENT AS PM

Pollyanna,

you stated that your friend is currently on a list of oral medication for allergies. What are they, both her allergies and the medication. I need to know so I can work out the side effects of each as they interrelate. Activated charcoal, as you correctly stated, is used for poison control, but it has little effect on certain pharmacy drugs which means that it normally can be taken concurrently with pharmacy drugs - please don't act on this yet without either me or a pharmacist or a competent medical professional clearing it.

Secondly, with a strict enforced diet, a yeast infection can be eliminated within 12-24 months. Also, due to the body's amazing property of repair and its wonderful immune system, all original traces of and possibility of reinfection will be eradicated.

Please reply via PM as I'd prefer to keep your friends complaints confidential.

P.S. Sorry that I took so long to reply - I am up to my proverbial tonsils with work.

Hate to Hi-Jack this thread for this but I forgot your medical background BabyKeiff, Your advise and wisdom are sound and I would like to know had the occasion arise both on here and normal world if "we" could turn to you for some much needed advise every now and then. I know I could research your past posts and find it out, just seems quicker this way. Thanks...Timmy

Hate to Hi-Jack this thread for this but I forgot your medical background BabyKeiff, Your advise and wisdom are sound and I would like to know had the occasion arise both on here and normal world if "we" could turn to you for some much needed advise every now and then. I know I could research your past posts and find it out, just seems quicker this way. Thanks...Timmy

If I'm not mistaken, I believe he said he had a PH.D. I'll let him speak for himself, though, but you are right. He is extremely knowledgeable. He is awesome, too. He cares so much.

• 3 weeks later...

Pollyanna,

there is nothing wrong with the three medications as long as your friend takes them in capsule form rather than liquid form. The liquid form adds processed sugar as a substrate to hold the medication in suspension, which will feed the candidia. Activated charcoal will not cause adverse reactions to any of the three listed medications.

And can I ask, why do you want to know my qualification?

was curious.. u seem to have a broad range of knowledge of various medical conditions and situations, so was wondering what your phd was in or what your specialty was...

was curious.. u seem to have a broad range of knowledge of various medical conditions and situations, so was wondering what your phd was in or what your specialty was...

Sarah_ab,

due to the nature of my qualifications, I cannot, nor ever would link them to the name babykeiff. If I do so, and my opinion is incorrect, I could be sued. Even with the posts offering advice, I am very careful to add ' discuss this with a competent medical professional' and not to leave something that could be misunderstood.

Suffice to say, and my previous posts can attest to this, I know what I am talking about.