LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Diapers In Elementary School

Did anybody else wear diapers in elementary school? I wore diapers until I was almost seven, about half way through second grade I stopped wearing them during the day. I wore them at night until I was nine. Then, at age 12, I fell 60 feet and woke up 21 days later in a hospital wearing diapers again. I remember being very happy about that. I think most of my life diapers have represented security and wholeness. After 45 years of wearing them 24/7 I hate even being in the shower without them. It feels like I need them to feel whole. That's fairly new, but I think always there, just beneath the surface.

I didn't, but my cousin did. We went to the same school and spent a lot of nights at each others houses. He had some sort of nerve condition that I can't remember the name of at the moment. It made it hard for him to get to the bathroom in time. By the time he felt the urge to go, he had about two minutes to make it to the toilet. Apparently it was just easier for him to wear diapers. A lot of kids got in trouble for teasing him about it.

I was out of diapers soon after turning 2. Also, our school system requires that children be out of diapers before they're allowed to attend public schools (including kindergarden and preschool). My second best friend's little brother had to skip preschool because of that. The only exception is the special ed kids.

I was out of diapers soon after turning 2. Also, our school system requires that children be out of diapers before they're allowed to attend public schools (including kindergarden and preschool). My second best friend's little brother had to skip preschool because of that. The only exception is the special ed kids.

That's not completely accurate. What you say is basically true, but there are many exceptions beyond special ed students. Special needs students have the same right to an education as everyone else. The parents simply have to make arrangements for diaper changes that won't interfere with classes.

its called a 504 plan for other health impairment not coded as 'special ed' a child who has a need to diapers can get a 504 plan. However, it is perfectly legal for private preschools and and elementary schools to not allow children still in diapers to attend. Schools that are private do not need to follow many state and federal laws. But public preschools such as headstart cannot discriminate

:mellow:

I didn't wear diapers to school, but in my first grade class we had a boy who wet his pants every day. The teacher always threatened to put him in diapers as punishment, and one day she grabbed him after he'd wet himself, dragged him up to her desk, and diapered him.

That had to be very humiliating for him I'm sure, but inside I was envious of him. We didn't really know about abuse that much when I was a kid, if so things would have been different for me.

That teacher thought I was some kind of genious because I had very developed reading skills, and she thought that I wasn't scoring as high as she wanted me to because I was "lazy". So she had this one girl stand behind me, and whenever she saw me stop writing she had the girl pull my hair. I just thought that this was how things went, because home wasn't much different.

When my mom found out at the end of the year she was really pissed off, she probably thought "how dare somebody else beat (or mistreat) my kid?". So she went to the school board, but they didn't do anything about it.

Back then I guess you had to kill a kid to get fired, but at least things are different for the kids today. We have a special needs kid, and I have to be very much "in the loop" as far as his school goes, and he's been lucky to have teachers who care very much about him.

Enough really can't be said about the job some of our teachers do these days!

Rock on,

Vic :D

was in diapers all the way thoguh school and not speical ed

back in the 50 and early 60 we did not even have speical ed classes as far as know i just had a medical condition

later in school found out i was not the only one that was in diapers in the lower grades, then had cancer in the 3 rd grade so went to school part time for a while.

no one made a big deal out of it really it was a very small school back then,

i remeber a few kids that should have been in them but were not i guess and we had one teacher i was glad i was in them as she never let any one leave the class in the 5 th grade we had many puddles on the floor after luch it seemed like more then other times,

but she was a strange teacher, but yet in many ways she was a good teacher you learned a .ot in her class tha made later years easyer to deal with as far as home work and prep work for class

its called a 504 plan for other health impairment not coded as 'special ed' a child who has a need to diapers can get a 504 plan. However, it is perfectly legal for private preschools and and elementary schools to not allow children still in diapers to attend. Schools that are private do not need to follow many state and federal laws. But public preschools such as headstart cannot discriminate

HAHA... some one must be working on their elementary education degree.... thats nearly exactly right.

That's not completely accurate. What you say is basically true, but there are many exceptions beyond special ed students. Special needs students have the same right to an education as everyone else. The parents simply have to make arrangements for diaper changes that won't interfere with classes.

Simply not being potty trained doesn't qualify as a medical condition. At least, not around these parts... We're a small rural town. People can be ruther set in their ways, despite all the "froofy" laws that get passed. Also, only the special ed teachers are the ones getting paid to change some kid's diapers. A kid who'd actually need diapers would be hounded endlessly by their peers. I had a friend in gradeschool who had bladder problems after he was in a car wreck and he ended up being taken out of public school because of the problems it caused with the other students. Around here, parents of children who'd need to be kept diapered would be encouraged to either homeschool their kid or enroll them in another town's school system that has accomodations for such students. Not all places play by the rules... Our HS spent their "new book money" from the 70s-late 90s on sports stuff. So long as not enough people report infractions, schools can get by with breaking the rules and laws.

I never wore diapers to school but I did wet my pants on the bus on the way home one day. I was the last person and the last stop so no one knew, except the bus driver who had to clean the seat and the floor! That was when I was in kindergarden. Once when I was in kindergarden the old lady teacher was reading the class a story as everyone sat around her on the floor. She suddenly looked at 2 boys near her and said, "You better have your mother's check your pants when you get home!" The 2 boys grinned at each other and everyone knew they had messed in their pants.