LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Psoriasis

so not sure if this topic goes here or elsewhere..

soooo i went to the doctor today and the good news is i neither have diabetes or the swine flu.. but the weird 'spots' that have been appearing on my arms and legs and most recently my scalp are psoriasis...

so he prescribed me two types of creams andsaid i should spend time in the sun.. nothing absurd, but trying to get a good 20-30 minutes of direct sunlight throughout the day..

do the creams help? is there any sort of shampoo that is better or worse for the scalp part?

any advice? i've never had this before... clearly, or i'd know the answers to these questions...

Hey Sarah,

I may have something similar, now where I read the description of Psoriasis, and will definately go to see a dermatologist about it.

It always appeared as little hard red 'pickles' in a circle of about 10cm in diameter on both my shoulders. I have always related it to some sort of allergy as it usually has its peak during summer time and I often work in the garden. It appeared during the past five years now and as mentioned before with a peak during the high summer time. I usually slung towels ,which i put into camomile tea before, around the places. A week long & twice a day gets the symptoms usually way better. Dried camomile blossoms can be bought from pharmacys (commonly over here) but i prefer to grow my own and dry them myself as I know this way that no chemical touched the plants.

edit: My books saying that products with lemon balm and camomile, under circumstances salvia, are pretty good to support whatever your doc prescribes. for 20-30 min sunlight a day you may want to consider visiting a sunstudio on a regular basis

I have Psoriasis on my scalp and in my eyebrows. I have just been using dandruff shampoo but that doesn't seem to be getting rid of it all. Next time I go see my Dermatologist I will definitely ask him if there are any better things to treat it with. It is so annoying to always have little specks in my hair and eyebrows :angry2: I find myself always checking in the mirror to spot specks of it in my hair worried if someone noticed:o!

I have moderate psoriasis on my hands,wrists,elbows,legs,ankles,feet and sometimes my cock when I jerk off too much. I do absolutely nothing for my psoriasis because it's dead,dry skin. The moment I put salves,lotions or ointments on it,the skin comes back to life,it itches,I scratch it,it's spreads and even bleeds. If I had a hot fuckin' nickel for everytime someone said to me"Are you a painter/drywaller?",I'd be a rich man. Best thing for psoriasis is keep the stress to a minimum,don't smoke or drink and have plenty of hot 'n' nasty anal sex :D

I have moderate to severe psorasis. For scalp marks there is a great liquid steroid that I use. It's a betamethasone "lotion" that's realy a liquid.

You can see the info here:

http://www.drugstore.com/pharmacy/prices/d...&trx=1Z5006

Be careful where you buy it though. CVS tried toc harge me $93 for it when it should always be under $30. Drugstore.com is my preffered supplier as it's $22 there.

There is also a foundation that is an excelent resource for tips and advice:

http://www.psoriasis.org/

thanks guys for the tips...

the only reason i went to the doc was because the spots have spread to my face.. i didnt mind having them on my arms and legs but for some reason having all these big red spots on my face sorta just bothered me.. possible cause my face is just so damned cute!

but the docs gave me two types of cream, one is full of vitamin D i guess, its made in ireland, which is why it cost me $60, and that was after my insurance picked up most of it)..

money isn't a problem for buying creams and stuff, i've got a flex cash card to medical things, so i can afford the prescriptions.. was just wondering if anyone had ever tried anything more 'natural' for it...

i' would like to try and nip it in hte butt before it gets worse, but i dont even know if thats possible, i mean i dont even know if this is like a one time thing and will go away and never come back, or if i've got it for life... i'll have to check out the psoriasis website.. thanks DD

I know it is a long shot, but try sticking to the Candida Control Dit for two weeks. Heck, you may have Chronic Systemic Candida. Most docs do not recognized it, as they'd be held responsible for so many things if they did. They conveniently ignore it, while peole suffer and even die. I'm no doctor, and I'm not saying you have it. the only way to find out is by sticking strictly to the diet for two weeks. That can't hurt. If you see improvements, then you have it. Let me know what you decide to do. If, for some reason, you do have it, I can direct you what to do next. The Candida Control Diet can be found at http://www.becomehealthynow.com/conditions...st3_print.shtml

unfortunately i'm taking part in a research study in which i can only eat certain types of foods ... so i cannot really deviate from the diet.. but the rash doesn't hurt, ooze, bleed, or really cause me any problems except the way it looks.. and like twice a day it itches.. but not like a horrible itch, just a 'hey i itch scratch me for a few seconds and i'll stop itching' sort of thing...

so its not causing me any troubles except my vanity cause its on my forehead

thanks guys for the tips...

the only reason i went to the doc was because the spots have spread to my face.. i didnt mind having them on my arms and legs but for some reason having all these big red spots on my face sorta just bothered me.. possible cause my face is just so damned cute!

but the docs gave me two types of cream, one is full of vitamin D i guess, its made in ireland, which is why it cost me $60, and that was after my insurance picked up most of it)..

money isn't a problem for buying creams and stuff, i've got a flex cash card to medical things, so i can afford the prescriptions.. was just wondering if anyone had ever tried anything more 'natural' for it...

i' would like to try and nip it in hte butt before it gets worse, but i dont even know if thats possible, i mean i dont even know if this is like a one time thing and will go away and never come back, or if i've got it for life... i'll have to check out the psoriasis website.. thanks DD

There is no nipping it in the bud, if you have it, you'll probably always have it. And it can and probably will show up on ANY part of your body. I've had this crap for over 20 years and it SUCKS.

yeah but if i can at least get the ones on m face when they first show up, and actually know how to treat them.. i can hopefully keep them from getting worse...

yeah but if i can at least get the ones on m face when they first show up, and actually know how to treat them.. i can hopefully keep them from getting worse...

If you can afford it, (Desoximetasone, USP 0.25 %) Get the presription from your dermatologist and be prepared to pay about $70.00 for a 60 gram tube. Works great but pricey.