LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Is It Really Worth It?

Ok so i came to the conclusion about something.. With booster pads it just makes the diaper thicker which means its recognizable when you go outside. and i have x pluses and it takes AWHILE to overflow with that diaper so whats the point?.

i think you stated the point... it makes the diaper thicker.. it seems lots of people want that super thick diaper feel and look, and adding boosters can accomplish this task without having to wear multiple diapers.

well i not even inco(yet) so like i would only get them to and put them in my boxers or underwear

If you were worried about the extra bulk and people noticing, I wouldn't suggest that you practice the above procedure. Unless you like walking around with wet pants.. :P

Baby diaper stuffer or bambino stuffer pad + cheap diaper (depend or tena, something else cost:absorbance effective) can be inexpensive for absorbancy, if that's what you want.

Wearing something really good (secure xplus, molicare super xplus, bambino, abriform xplus etc) with a stuffer will reduce odours and allow you to wet all day (even with drinking lots) and never worry about it. My plan for going 24/7. Even a molicare will eventually leak if you wet all day, carelessly.

my aproach to boosters is use mass markets to my advantage, i use baby nappies for boosters since they are REALY chaep compared with adult nappies.

so from a purely financial angle yes they are worth it, 1 nappy can last as long as 24 hours with a pair of sixe 6 baby nappies in it., tho it is usualy more like 12 hours.

also since i fold the baby nappies lengthwise and put one on each side of the nappy they actualy make the nappy less noticeable since they eliminate the flat but look unless you mess the nappy.

also it means it is impossible to cause the nappy to leak due to flooding cause it has almost 3x the absorption area, i have tested this and i can put 2 litres into the nappy in one go (i used a cola bottle full of water) and it wont leak

i for one realy think boosters are worth it unless you like changeing your nappy frequently

I wear different brands of disposable diapers. With better brands you may not need a booster pad, but at night if I wear all night long I will often use a booster pad with good quality diapers to help prevent leaks. I also buy store brand disposables and thinner brands as well. For those a boosetr pad is great and does extend the usage of a diaper by quite a bit. With the thinner disposables the booster pad really dosn't add much to the bulky look if you use the proper kind of booster. I don't stuff my diapers with baby diapers. I use a product called Diaper Doublers which are available at Babies R Us. $2.99 for a package of 30 is about 10 cents for a pad and it's a thin gel material filled pad that fits in front and the crotch. About 2 inches wide and 10 inches long. For 10 cents to extend the life of your diaper without a lot of extra bulk, it's a good idea.

I've managed to overflow an Abena, so I like the extra absorption, especially at night

or out and about (for the added confidence).

I also like the feeling of the extra bulk. The stuffers are so long that I actually fold them

in half, the crease under the crotch, the ends running up front. Because I don't mess, my

backside doesn't need the extra absorption.

I use them for the thickness reason mostly, but they have an added benefit of reducing the rate of diaper material bulking up. I don't always "use" my diaper but without the booster pad, the material would clump up over a relatively short period of time. With the booster, I can easily reuse the same diaper for bed 3 nights before the tapes give out.

It all depends on if you're into wetting and how into it you are... Personally, I don't like a wet diaper, so I change them after I wet, thus making booster pads and such useless to me.

The only time I use a booster (a pampers or huggies size 5) is when I have to wear a disposable overnight. Yes they work and increase the absorbency, but only if the diaper is not on tight ie there is room for the two diapers to expand. Daytime usage adds too much bulk - even with baby diapers - when the diaper expands, to comfortably carry on my day while wearing.

If you are looking for that thickness that you remember from babyhood, use a number of flat cloth diapers and twist fold them to suit. Make sure that when you put them on that the cover from your belly button to your back. Nothing, in my opinion, can compare to a multilayer cloth diaper that is so thick that I can't even waddle correctly so I have to crawl, and it is so comfortable and secure feeling when I go to sleep like that.

The only time I use a booster (a pampers or huggies size 5) is when I have to wear a disposable overnight. Yes they work and increase the absorbency, but only if the diaper is not on tight ie there is room for the two diapers to expand. Daytime usage adds too much bulk - even with baby diapers - when the diaper expands, to comfortably carry on my day while wearing.

I don't see what all the fuss is about. A molicare super plus or bambino will last much (most?) of the day so you will probably only use 2 + 1 overnight if using properly, I find. Financially, wearing good ones often offsets the cost of changing inferior ones more frequently. Using only 1 all day might cause you to smell, so it probably is not necessary. Of course it depends on your clothes too, if you can barely see it when soaked, adding a stuffer is a good idea - but if you are getting enough absorbancy anyway, why bother?

If you are looking for that thickness that you remember from babyhood, use a number of flat cloth diapers and twist fold them to suit. Make sure that when you put them on that the cover from your belly button to your back. Nothing, in my opinion, can compare to a multilayer cloth diaper that is so thick that I can't even waddle correctly so I have to crawl, and it is so comfortable and secure feeling when I go to sleep like that.

I really badly want to try but I'm going to have to wait years on this and there's nothing I can really do about it. :( . But they say cloth is definitely superior overnight or if not wearing out in absorbancy, cost and often comfort.

It is not always easy to get the better ones, and so many of us use boosters to get the absorbency of a good diaper. Now of course if you need them you would just order them in quantity, but for us that have to hide them and can only have a small supply on hand boosters are awesome. The other thing I have noticed is even abenas and such make it have more absorbency by making the diaper thicker in the back. For us guys we need it more up front. Boosters can allow you to bulk the front up with out make your butt huge. For us guys it could just then make us look like we have a big package in front, lol. And then for girls they can boost where they most need it in the middle of the diaper.

For us guys it could just then make us look like we have a big package in front, lol. And then for girls they can boost where they most need it in the middle of the diaper.

Makes the girls look like they have big labia, too.

i think you stated the point... it makes the diaper thicker.. it seems lots of people want that super thick diaper feel and look, and adding boosters can accomplish this task without having to wear multiple diapers.

agreed. i don't wear in public (yet) so the thicker, the better in my opinion.

So, I think that wearing a booster is okay at times, like at night when you wet more, or if you are trying to be daring and want them to be thicker, but normally it's not really worth it, you just waisting more money and throwing away more money on diapers. I'm unsure why they even made boosters, if it's to hold more pee at night time or just to make more money for the company. At times I think they are useless, but like I said before the only time I can think they are useful is at night time or if you are going out in public and want to be daring and show more of a bulge. I feel it's extra work and extra money, when you could be buying more diapers and onesies.

So, I think that wearing a booster is okay at times, like at night when you wet more, or if you are trying to be daring and want them to be thicker, but normally it's not really worth it, you just waisting more money and throwing away more money on diapers. I'm unsure why they even made boosters, if it's to hold more pee at night time or just to make more money for the company. At times I think they are useless, but like I said before the only time I can think they are useful is at night time or if you are going out in public and want to be daring and show more of a bulge. I feel it's extra work and extra money, when you could be buying more diapers and onesies.

Cheap diapers really need them and are thin enough that a booster isn't really going to make it all the much thicker when you have such a thin diaper to begin. Sure Abena xplus and such you don't need them, but you know not everyone can always buy online and so they might not be able to get the good diapers. So bad diaper + booster = 4-6 hours of wear, bad diaper = 2-3 hours ===== NOT a Waste!

So they are not so much for the xplus diapers of the world. Also maybe someone poeple sometimes can change more often, so they wear the thinner one, but when they want to be able to not have to change or know they won't have chance to change they can add one or more boosters to make it last as long as they need it.

Is a booster worth it - might depend on the booster

A booster application for overnight that I particularly like is a Tena Ultimate Pad. The plastic backing needs to be sliced between the adhesive stripes to pass pee to the diaper. They have leak guards, so if your diapers do as well, you now have doubled leak guards. These pads have an amazing ability to quickly absorb liquids. In my opinion they can turn a Depends into a very reasonable overnight diaper since the pads retain acquired liquids very well. Daytime use is problematic as the pad swells to a ridiculous size. While I love my Abenas and Attends, this works well for something that can be purchased at your local pharmacy.

Here is a point of view as to why someone may want a booster. Bambinos, Abriform X-Plus, Tranquility ATN, SureCare X-Plus and Molicare. All very good diapers but at a cost of around or more that $1 for each diaper. Thick and absorbent enough to last all night long. No question they are thicker and bulkier and depending on if you are wearing thin shorts, sweat pants or oversized jeans will determine on how bulky or "diaper noticable" you may look walking down the street.

Now, look at PER-FIT, First Quality, Wings and other cheaper brands that I often find at the Goodwill store for $2 per package of 12. That is less than 20 cents per diaper. If I can extend the life of that diaper with a 10 cent diaper doubler, I've paid less that 30 cents for a diaper that is thinner and much more discreet if I should be wearing thin shorts out in public. With the economy and many people such as myself having to save money, Buying cheap diapers and extending their absorbency with a booster may mean the difference between me continuing to wear diapers or having to give them up or cut way back.

i've never needed boosters, because i only wear on occasion, and its not for need, so for me i can afford the more expensive brands, but i think i would just to make the diaper bulkier, cause nothing like a big thick diaper to waddle around in