LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Any Cheaper Alternatives To Plastic Pants?

Basically, I'd like to be able to fill up my diaper all the way, and I know it always leaks before I even come close. I'm not a huge plastic lover, which is why i've steered away from them for so long. I don't have any babyish tendencies, so that babyish style on them never really turned me on.

So my questions are if there are any makeshift ways to make plastic pants, or something to keep you from leaking? Will plastic pants work well with disposables? Which are the best for me, and where should I look?

Thanks in advance!

Sure, and both are not meant for wearing, unless you count C. Love's wardrobe.

Snag a new, or slightly used vinyl shower curtain and fashion yourself a clear, unisex, non-babyish, but not obscene pair of plastic pants. Needle, thread, and sewing talent required and sold separately.

10 bucks buys good quality plastic pants from Comco Inc.

Basically, I'd like to be able to fill up my diaper all the way, and I know it always leaks before I even come close. I'm not a huge plastic lover, which is why i've steered away from them for so long. I don't have any babyish tendencies, so that babyish style on them never really turned me on.

So my questions are if there are any makeshift ways to make plastic pants, or something to keep you from leaking? Will plastic pants work well with disposables? Which are the best for me, and where should I look?

Thanks in advance!

10 bucks buys good quality plastic pants from Comco Inc.

I actually had no idea they were this cheap... thank you for the link! I'm around 5'5 and 165, and fit into both the s/m and m categories, got any advice? medium diapers tend to fit a little big on me, for scale. Also,do you have any experience with disposables and plastic? Thanks!

Guest YkDave

A pair of plastic/rubber/nylon pants will cost about the same or less than a box of garbage bags and a roll of duct tape! You tell me which one will work better...

As for using them with disposables, yea sure you can, but its kind of pointless... Anything that does leak from the disposable will just pool up and end up leaking from the plastic pants since theirs nothing to soak it up! But it does work for VERY small leaks, saves a pair of wet pants, but anything more than a very small leak is just going to find its way out anyways

I just wear cotton flannel diaper covers in between my disposable and my plastic pants, the flannel obsorbs any leakage and keeps it from getting out of the plastic. Until I got diaper covers, I just used a trash bag that I cut small leg openings into,the holes stretched tightly around my legs and very seldom leaked.

i'm gonna put in a shout-out for plain ol' glad forceflex bags! in my experience a good glad bag holds FAR MORE than any pair of plastic pants i've had the pleasure of wearing.

take your average glad trash bag and snip off a few inches in each corner of the bottom for the leg holes (dont cut them big enough to fit your leg, just your toes). then slide the bag up. because the forceflex stretches as you pull it up it forms a great seal. you can cut the top to size if you'd like, but i generally just tie the drawstrings together and leave it at that. it will hold ANYTHING (i've put up to a gallon of water in there as a test w/out a diaper and didn't get a leak). the downside is that its most definitely not for extended wearing like overnight or the likes, because it is such a tight seal. but if you want to have a few hours of really wet and/or messy fun i can guarantee you from experience that this'll keep it in. :)

I use plastic pants over my ATTENDS disposables. If I get to the point of leaking from the diaper, the plastic pants will help to a point. Sitting is more of a problem than if you are up and around, as the leaks are inevitably from the legs and then out the back giving wet spots on the back of my pants. They are a value, but if you insist on trying to soak your diaper to the max, leaking is going to be inevitable.

As for the plastic bags, I'm not going to knock it, but I've got to wonder why you don't just stand in it and pull it up around you with no holes. Your mobility would be limited, but just think how much more it would hold! :roflmao::roflmao:

i'm gonna put in a shout-out for plain ol' glad forceflex bags! in my experience a good glad bag holds FAR MORE than any pair of plastic pants i've had the pleasure of wearing.

take your average glad trash bag and snip off a few inches in each corner of the bottom for the leg holes (dont cut them big enough to fit your leg, just your toes). then slide the bag up. because the forceflex stretches as you pull it up it forms a great seal. you can cut the top to size if you'd like, but i generally just tie the drawstrings together and leave it at that. it will hold ANYTHING (i've put up to a gallon of water in there as a test w/out a diaper and didn't get a leak). the downside is that its most definitely not for extended wearing like overnight or the likes, because it is such a tight seal. but if you want to have a few hours of really wet and/or messy fun i can guarantee you from experience that this'll keep it in. :)

I used to do that myself, using kitchen trash bags and cutting out the corners so I could put my feet though and pull it up over my makeshift diaper when I was a teenager. It did do a pretty good job of keeping the leaks contained but if you walk around a lot 2 things can happen. You could start to hurt from the plastic binding too tight around your thieghs or you could leak if the plastic bag is not strong enough and starts to tear where you have pulled it up around your thieghs. Also, it is true that if you have a disposable diaper on and it starts to leak, the excess urine will pool in the bottom of the trash bag (or plastic pants) because there is nothing to absorb the pee. Then your plastic bag or plastic pants will fail because the pooling liquid will run all over inside looking for a way out! You might consider using a terry cloth hand towel in the crotch area between the outside of your disposable diaper and the inside of your plastic trash bag or plastic pants. This will do 2 things. Add a little to that nice bulky diapered feeling and also absorb the overflow from your disposable diaper but keep your outer pants dry with the addition of a trash bag or plastic pants over everything.

Now, to help people decide if some inexpensive plastic pants might be better, check out the link below. There is a catalog company called Harriet Carter that sells usefull household items and one of the things they sell is adult plastic pants. There are 3 to a package and the price is only $7.98 per package. The sizes are medium, large, x-large and xx-large. I will agree right now with possible future posters that these plastic pants are probably not as heavy and sturdy as ones that you can get for $20 or more, but for $7.98 a package of 3, it might be worth it to try them. The link to the page that has the plastic pants is:

http://www.harrietcarter.com/index.cfm/fus...BE-B360A80ECA5E

Or you can do a google search for Harriet Carter or type in harrietcarter.com and then do a search on the home page for waterproof pants if you have any trouble with the link above.

Quite honestly, plastic pants are the best way in my experience to go if you want something additional to help with leaks. They're way more comfortable than some of the makeshift methods. Yes, you can absolutely use them with disposables....i do all the time when I can. Not only does it help to catch anything that the disposable may not, it also helps to quiet down the noise that a disposable makes. If you have to use depends or a similar brand, not a minor consideration. I didn't think I would like them at first, but I really do now. I personally like the more expensive quality ones, and as a result have fewer pairs, but i think they'll last longer than the cheap ones. If you can use them over and over again, they'll end up saving you money over the alternative disposable methods in the long run anyway.

I also don't like the baby style plastic pants. I have been buying from Babykins in British Columbia Canada. http://www.babykins.com

They produce a fine product that will hold just about anything you can throw at them and you can purchase white plastic, coloured plastic, heavy or thinner weights, with snaps or without. Check out their site I am sure they will have something to your liking and you can wash them like normal underwear and they will last for (in my case years.)

I wish you luck.

Molly Deer