LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Dead Topic

It's about <bleep> time! It's sad that I look forward to a day that diapers would hold the same 'stigma' as maxi pads or toilet paper... maybe worth a snicker or awkward grimace at a mention, but not something you make fun of someone for using. I realise that there are people who make fun of even these, but you can still make fun of diapers without coming off as a total KNOB unlike the later.

-dp

• 3 months later...

Pelvic floor exercises can be used to improve bladder control.

The pelvic floor muscles relax at the same time as the bladder contracts in order to let urine out, but if they lose strength they may begin to relax at other times, causing leakage.

Firstly, sorry FlexiGirl, this is not aimed at you.

Everyone, 'pelvic floor exercises' OR Kegel IS DANGEROUS. Yes, it is possible in some cases to regain continence if one has lost it due to poor muscle tone, BUT, if you have lost continence due to some other reason OR if you are continent, Kegel can cause your sphincter to tear. This will cause permanent incontinence IF you get to an emergency room fast enough so your blood loss is tolerable - otherwise, it will kill you.

Medical Info: 22 year old continent female tears her sphincter by practicing Kegel. This occurred during her menstrual cycle, and she noticed that her protection was not sufficient. After 24 hours, she attended her local GP, who rushed her to the local hospital. She died in the ambulance before reaching the hospital from multiple organ failure caused by severe blood loss.

I will repeat this - pelvic floor exercise / Kegel should ONLY be performed under the direct instructions and supervision of a competent medical professional.

I admire Ulrika Jonsson's honesty in revealing this about herself. Maybe, this will be the start of the end - so people will accept that incontinence is not a problem to be hidden.

Firstly, sorry FlexiGirl, this is not aimed at you.

Everyone, 'pelvic floor exercises' OR Kegel IS DANGEROUS. Yes, it is possible in some cases to regain continence if one has lost it due to poor muscle tone, BUT, if you have lost continence due to some other reason OR if you are continent, Kegel can cause your sphincter to tear. This will cause permanent incontinence IF you get to an emergency room fast enough so your blood loss is tolerable - otherwise, it will kill you.

Medical Info: 22 year old continent female tears her sphincter by practicing Kegel. This occurred during her menstrual cycle, and she noticed that her protection was not sufficient. After 24 hours, she attended her local GP, who rushed her to the local hospital. She died in the ambulance before reaching the hospital from multiple organ failure caused by severe blood loss.

I will repeat this - pelvic floor exercise / Kegel should ONLY be performed under the direct instructions and supervision of a competent medical professional.

I admire Ulrika Jonsson's honesty in revealing this about herself. Maybe, this will be the start of the end - so people will accept that incontinence is not a problem to be hidden.

Once again something I would have never thought of...good thing we keep you around guy! ;)

Hmm - I don't believe it happened. I would need more than a vignette to believe that could happen. I suppose if she was using a kegel exerciser - perhaps incorrectly - such a thing could occur - but I seriously doubt you can rupture muscles from isometric contractions...

Hmm - I don't believe it happened. I would need more than a vignette to believe that could happen. I suppose if she was using a kegel exerciser - perhaps incorrectly - such a thing could occur - but I seriously doubt you can rupture muscles from isometric contractions...

Of course you are entitled to believe what you want.

This is why Kegel or Isometric Contraction exercise needs to be done only under qualified medical professional supervision. Maybe those who doubt this should read recent peer-reviewed medical journals.

• 1 month later...
Guest dodgedart

I am lost here since the first Post is gone now as to what happened.

I look at that show the Dr's some times and they were saying for a man to put off Finishing during sex that Kegel can be used. And to pratice doing it so when the moment comes you can be better at it.

{ie} When you are almost there do as you would do if going to pee and it would put it off.

This is why Kegel or Isometric Contraction exercise needs to be done only under qualified medical professional supervision. Maybe those who doubt this should read recent peer-reviewed medical journals.

:thumbsup: this is the first time i've seen someone actually recommend a peer reviewed medical journal over wiki.. THANK YOU!!!!!!!

It would help if someone posted a link. I find no hits on the first few pages with "kegel exercise death" except for the obit of the guy that created them. I'm not saying it isn't possibly but I sense a lot of FUD. Kegels seem like the sort of thing every continent person does when toileting.