LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Wearing At Work...?

does anyone wear diapers to work, like all of the time? Does anyone or everyone know? I wear pull-ups to work, and change discreetly as possible, so far unnoticed. I know that different work environments yield different cautions and results. What are some of your all's thoughts and experiences?

Guest little_jonny

im not incontinent but here's a story of what happened to me.

i worked at cedar point last year in arcades. in the fall we were doing inventory of all the stuff in all the games. well one day they needed workers to ride the raptor for some ad thing for next year. well they said we will be doing it from about 11:00 am till about 4:00 well it got changed to 2:00-4 i think... well i went walking around to kill time. i was wonering if the employee buses were rnning and they were. i remembered there was a doller general store. it wasn't to far away and it toke me about half hour to an hour to get their. i was nervous about buying the package of sleep pants (a cheap version of the goodnites. i wanted to try them out so i walked to the mecdonalds near by and tried one on. it was a little tight since the sides didnt strech out so well. it leaked a little but probly because i didnt pull them up all the way. to make long story short, one night i had to work another open-close shift ( 9:30-12:00 ) i decided to wear another one to work and toke an extra one to change into. i also worse my warm up gear so no one will notice. i was in the very back of the park and by the time i got back there in the morning i had to pee. so i did and it leaked a little. my break didn't come until about 7:00 or 9:00 and i had wet myself about 7 times so you know i was uncomfortable and wanted to change. and stupid me i for got the extra sleep pants up front in my locker. thank god i had an hour break so i was able to change. so i end up having a 30 minute break once i was all changed..

Although I reverted to bedwetting when I was 12 I retained day bladder control until I turned 21 the summer I was moving to law school. The previous 4 years in a dorm at another university my roommate had not teased me about my diapers for bed. So I was not the least embarrassed to show up on move-in day wearing an Attends under my jeans. Half-way into my first year of law school nobody had mentioned seeing a bag of Attends in my room. Several of the other female law students, including my roomie, asked for diapers before long tests. Eventually they paid back the diapers I loaned them.

Once I had passed many bar exams in different states (always while wearing Attends) I was hired by the Los Angeles, CA office of a large law firm. Nobody asked me about my diapers and I did not blurt out about them. Perhaps the partner who hired me already knew, since he had attended my law school and must have had friends there. Since July 1989 I have worn some form of diaper 24/7, including trips, in my law office and in court. Thousands of times I have changed my diapers in court house public ladies rooms, without any comments. Clearly my firm does not hold my incontinence against me since they elected me a partner in 1993.

Still, it is not hard and fast that all jobs must allow use of diapers. My firm counsels client companies to be super liberal about toilet breaks and allowing incontinent workers enough time to clean up and put on a fresh diaper as needed. So far we have not needed to defend a client who did not allow diapers at work, so long as the diaper is covered and disguised and the changing is discreet.

The only labor relation case result I can find was a fruit canning factory in California. They resticted workers from taking toilet breaks outside scheduled times, which was difficult for 3 women with a long history of bladder problems. One day one of those women was denied an emergency break and wet her pants at her work station. Not only was that embarrassing for the worker, it was a sanitation issue. The plant manager fired the woman.

Of course there was a complaint to the California and Federal labor departments. All the line employees, even those with no bladder problems, signed the complaint. Instead of simply giving the woman her job back, the company resisted. There was a trial, during which the plant manager admitted before he fired the woman he told her she should wear diapers. He admitted he was nasty while saying this and several witnesses agreed.

Consequently the woman not only got her job back, she received a lot of money. More money was paid to all the other line workers. The plant manager was demoted and eventually quit that company. The policy was changed to allow emergency toilet breaks. I can find no written report that plant is now diaper-friendly. I did find a Cal OSHA order that the plant modify rest rooms to accommodate the handicapped, so it would be easy to change diapers in those restrooms. Fortunely that company is not our client. A few times I have shown my research to attorneys and human resource directors of our clients to help them better understand the needs of incontinent people.

does anyone wear diapers to work, like all of the time? Does anyone or everyone know? I wear pull-ups to work, and change discreetly as possible, so far unnoticed. I know that different work environments yield different cautions and results. What are some of your all's thoughts and experiences?

Although I have retrained my bladder to the point where I no longer need to wear a diaper 24/7 I still will wear a diaper to work when we have a meeting scheduled and I know it will be a long day sitting listening to a boreing boss speak about stuff he has no clue to.

But befor I regain control of my bladder I was wearing diapers to work and every where I went, I had to keep extra diapers in my car at all times and in my locker at work.

I had only been found out after wearing diapers to work after 5 years, and was only asked for a medical exsplaination as to why I was wearing a diaper.

I told them I had urinary incontence and needed to wear some form of protection, and a adult diaper worked best for my needs.

Had they known that when they hired me that I did not suffer from incontence and it was my own doings that made me incontent it probly would have been grounds to fire me.

If I could relive the past 25 years and change anything I could, I would either do one of two thing.

The first being, not getting married and concentrate full time on becomming dependit on wearing a diaper for both bladder and bowel needs, as I so did enjoy wearing, wetting, and messing my diapers as the need arose.

My other choice would to toss the idea of wearing a diaper back into the diaper pail and forget all about them and concentrate on my life with my kids and wife.

what i always wonder is "does your employer have the right to ask for a medical explaination?" If it is noticed, can you just say "i have problems and i have found them best handled with a diaper"

I have no medical need (that is diagnosed) to wear diapers, however suffer from bowel issues. My job "ties" me to a desk and phone for periods of time. There have been times when i have had to lie to a caller "Our system is down" or "this is going to take longer than expected, may i make the changes and call you back in 10 to 15 minutes". I am lucky that after 2 and a half years this has only came up once in a quality coaching (they score our calls with us). I simply said "I had to go to the bathroom badly, i completed the request for the customer, and called them back"

Wearing to work scares me even more in these tough economic times. Living in an At-Will work state, you can be fired for any reason what-so-ever. Sure you can sue, unless they have good documented reason, but that may not get your job back. I am always afraid that my employer will just say "we don't want somebody working here that has to wear diapers, find a way to get rid of them"

Frankly the times i have worn to work and had to change at work, were not the funnest times. Our bathrooms for the men consist of 3 stalls and 2 urnials. there is a bathroom on each floor, and each floor has about 150 people. The bathrooms are rarely empty for the entire time of a diaper change. Murphy's law states that even though the bathroom is empty, right when you get to the loudest part of a diaper change (unfolding and putting the new one on), somebody will walk-in / jiggle the door/ knock on the door.

If i could find a single stall bathroom in that building to change in, i would.

If i am having a week or day with some bowel issues, I will wear a pull-on diaper with a stuffer, and i usually make sure to wet it between leaving work and getting home/taking it off (i don't waste diapers)

On a side note: Lets say you are fired, and sue your employer.... You fight to get your job back, and win. HONESTLY do you think management is going to be all nice and happy; you just cost them thousands of dollars and egg on their face for firing you, now they have to have you back. They will be looking for a reason to get rid of you, and this time they will be sure to have their ducks in a row. I frankly would not want to work someplace where i was not wanted.

Personally, if I had to sue my employer because they fired me because of my choice in underwear (weather I needed them or not) and won, I wouldn't be going back....

qwack

It's not always that easy :( Over time I've known of and followed a number of discrimination and unfair firing cases, and in most of them the judgement was only for legal fees, back pay, and reinstatement of the job :o In fact, that's pretty much a standard remedy unless there's mitigating circumstances, such as proven verbal or physical harassment or intimidation :angry: In a few cases there was some compensation, but almost never was it substancial. You don't get any extra money to go job-hunting on and you're stuck with having to go back to the same problems with only one or two faces changed at best :crybaby: And from then on at most employers you'll be skating on thin ice-they'll be carefully watching to find a legitimate reason to fire you without mention of the real reason.

If you get a job reinstatement, the best thing to do is to immediately seek a similar position elsewhere while keeping your job. You always look better to potential employers if you're still working. And if you live in a "right-to-work" state like SC and NC and others, if they know what they're doing they will not give you a reason for your dismissal so you won't have anything to take to court to use against them :P Here they don't need to have a reason to fire you and can do that anytime they want to. Supposedly equal(BS)is that you can legally walk off your job at anytime and they can't do anything about that. If you're under contract then the specifics of it will determine what happens, but if they want to fire you they'll find(or cause)it to happen within the confines of the contract. You're human and you're going to make the mistake they're looking for sooner or later so you might as well leave for greener pastures before that happens.

I know quite a number of TG's who thought they were well protected against unfair dismissal but lost their jobs anyway because the employer caused a situation(and documented it)that was legal cause for dismissal. Many were simply transferred to the bottom rung of the ladder task-wise without a pay cut(usually legal)and had no chance of advancement from there; so they usually ended up quitting their now-it's-a-dead-end job. The first mistake they made was legitimate cause for dismissal if they didn't quit and the employer took full advantage of the chance to get rid of them no matter how well they were performing. A very few lucky ones have transitioned at jobs with enlightened employers and have done well, but that is a tiny percentage in a vast pool of good people who simply want to be given an equal chance to prove themselves. There is no fairness in America if you're not just like everybody else seems to be, and that means that in America you aren't free to be yourself even when nobody else is harmed by that. That really sucks :bash:

I do what I have to to keep my job, pretty much like everyone else does. I don't like that but it's a necessity. I have lost a good job unfairly on several occasions including once for being TG though they said it was another reason. There's nothing I could do but learn the real truths of this world from it all: Most people are two-faced. Most people will not tell you their true feelings. Most people will lie to you. Most people will backstab you to get ahead of you. Most people are afraid to stand up and be counted publicly. Most people are cowards with excuses instead of reasons motivating them. Most people would rather let you drown than throw you the rope in their hands. Most people are prejudiced. Most people aren't trustworthy to any great degree. Most people are greedy. Most of your 'friends' actually aren't. Most people are actually worthless trash even though they don't seem to be on the surface. And what about the rest of the people? They're your true friends who willingly give of themselves to make your life better because they know that you're not like most people either :wub: Too bad there's so few of those, and the odds are that you're not going to be working for one-ever. Oddly enough, it seems that there are more of these good people in the ABDL community than elsewhere. The same goes for the TG community to a lesser degree. Maybe when you're vastly different than most people you begin to see how the others really are and know that even if you could, you wouldn't want to be like them at all. At least you will understand that just being different or liking something unusual doesn't make you a bad anything at all in itself :D

Bettypooh

i have worn frequently to work for some time now and no one notices, i have tried it in an office job, a front of house table waiting and a building site and have never been noticed once, and i wear an abenna x plus with 2 size 6 baby nappy boosters.

provided your clotheing is large enough to cover the whole of the nappy normals wont notice it unless you wear tight trousers and even then it needs to be fairly close proximity for very prolongued periods before there is any risk you wil get noticed.

i have worn to a night club, no one noticed

seriously, if you take some fairly basic steps like dont wear tight trousers and make sure your shirt is long enough so it wont ride up far enough to expose the top of the nappy no one wil notice unless you go out of your way to get it noticed.

people only see what they want to see, you can bet your life that if somone has noticed they have some reason for looking, and wil feel so embarrased for looking to see if you are wearing a nappy they would never dare say anything

I agree - no-one notices :-) I've been wearing 24/7 for several years and no-one has said anything. Leafy is right - unless you 'ask for it' by wearing skater jeans half way around your ankles it's not difficult to get away with being diapered - a onesie helps with the shirt thing and I think that even if you need to change in a public toilet very few people - men anyway - would think 'someone's changing a nappy' if they here the tape sound - they'll wonder what the noise is probably but won't make the connection ...

A lot of good things have been said here. I've been wearing 24/7 for a year now... a few of my coworkers know that I wear. Noone has ever said a thing to me at work. I would wager that you could get away with wearing to work with no problems... a lot of the worry is just that, worry. It's all in your head.

People that need to wear diapers to work, shouldn't be discriminated against. I don't wear them, but if I was an employer, I wouldn't hire or fire someone just because someone wears diapers. It is just the job performance I am interested in. Accomodations should be made, IMO. I can't imagine how hard it would be to work, having to wear diapers! I admire your courage and convictions to those that have to go through that personal hell. Take care! :)

People that need to wear diapers to work, shouldn't be discriminated against. I don't wear them, but if I was an employer, I wouldn't hire or fire someone just because someone wears diapers. It is just the job performance I am interested in. Accomodations should be made, IMO. I can't imagine how hard it would be to work, having to wear diapers! I admire your courage and convictions to those that have to go through that personal hell. Take care! :)

I would think a company would be reluctant to fire someone who was wearing a diaper to work. AFter all, if they fire them, and get sued, and the person could bring evidence from a doctor saying it was medically necessary, slam dunk lawsuit, I would think.

I would think a company would be reluctant to fire someone who was wearing a diaper to work. AFter all, if they fire them, and get sued, and the person could bring evidence from a doctor saying it was medically necessary, slam dunk lawsuit, I would think.

Exactly, but being fired because you wear a diaper these days, isn't out of the realm of possibility. This society can be absurd sometimes. Like the time a person got a million bucks, just because that person spilled hot coffee on themselves?

Exactly, but being fired because you wear a diaper these days, isn't out of the realm of possibility. This society can be absurd sometimes. Like the time a person got a million bucks, just because that person spilled hot coffee on themselves?

Actually, the hot coffee thing wasn't so crazy. I had a class in college on Insurance (rather dull really), and the guy told us that McDonald's had received hundreds of complaints about their coffee being super-heated and cause 2nd or 3rd degree burns, and they continually ignored these complaints until the lawsuit.

Coffee lawsuit

I heard it's hard to prove in court that you were fired due to discrimination. I have worn to work and no one has never said a word about it.

Since I am incontinent, I do not have a choice and I have to wear at work. I don't draw attention to that fact, and the people that are aware about it are people I trust.

If you are worried about wearing at work and at what others will say, I can conclusively state that in reality, nobody will notice. They are too busy and self obsessed trying to get their job done to worry or even care what another work colleague has as their underwear. Also, a wet or soiled diaper within an office environment once you are properly hydrated and taking something like activated charcoal or similar, shouldn't smell. The breath and clothes of a smoker smells stronger than a wet and soiled diaper once the adult is well hydrated. Stale urine smells - fresh urine doesn't, and, fresh urine is a natural and extremely potent stimulant to the opposite sex.

• 5 weeks later...

I have trouble with IBS and urge incontinence. Some days are ok, others not. If I'm at the office I am near the toilet so I often just wear a thin pullup. When I am working out in the field I often have little warning, so I tend to wear nappies (diapers) when away from the office. I try to be discreet about it. If someone found out I would have no troubles saying the true reason. I regularly get UTI's with catheters and catheters don't help with the IBS anyways, so nappies it is.

I wear pull ups and all in one's to work. I have had IBS since having my gall bladder out. I dont think any one has noticed but I have had a few small accidents and the pull ups have contained the mess untill I can change.

I wanted a erganomic key board but my company said I had to have doctors documentation before I could have one. I had been using my own and they took it away and make me take it home. So I never brought up the need for diapers.....

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I have to wear 24/7 and have had a few different jobs over the years and no one has ever said a word to me. I always keep a diaper or two in my desk or locker. In the job I have now if you get hurt at work you have to take a piss test so our company nurse knows now I had to tell her when I needed to give her a sample but she was cool with it as far as I know she is the only one that knows at work, but if some one does find out so what I know for one that I don’t give a damn if everyone knows.