LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Chakras / Origins

Note: this is also avaliable on my website here.

I was reading about Chakras today, and I suddenly had a thought- perhaps the diaper fetish is an expression of chakra energies?

I know what you're thinking. "That's absolutely crazy!" Is it? The Sacral Chakra says otherwise.

The Sacral Chakra is the center of emotions / sexual energy, and is expressed / repressed based off your childhood.

post-21696-1235251418_thumb.png

This here is a diagram of all the Major Chakras. That orange one is "sacral."

Now, a common misunderstanding with our fetish is that it's a form of repression. Another misconception is that we are child molesters.

Back to the Sacral chakra- expression / repression of emotions in childhood. Sexual center...

Look at the connection. Most people I have met at DailyDi were emotionally abused, or are emotionally weak, etc. Many of them have some sort of experience with diapers as a child that led them to put them back on when they became an adult.

It could be.

Now, I know some people say, "Some of us just have fun wearing them." That may be so- but where to interests come from, anyway? I'm not interested in sports- I hate them. I grew up around computers, was an outcast when it came to playing physical games, etc...it stems from my childhood.

Ultimately, though, the fetish itself isn't a bad thing. It's a sin to molest children- and I'd have to frown down on involving uninterested people into the fetish as well- but the fetish itself is not evil.

post-21696-1235251418_thumb.png

Eh... I don't go for this sort of thing, but if you do, more power to ya... But, in all honesty, this is one of those newagey things that flies in the face of science... I'm more inclined to belive that it comes from my brain.

I don't quite understand the reasoning here. I didn't grow up using computers, I liked (and still enjoy) sports. Though I was indeed shy in my youth (but to suggest all kids who are shy become AB/DLs would be a bit of a gross exaggeration I think). If the gist of your assertion is that AB/DLs are mentally repressed and in a sense, weak, so that they find regressing or just wearing diapers brings them much needed comfort and stress relief, then I agree, to a point. However I would point out there are plenty of diaper lovers who just love the sexual fetishism inherent in the diaper as an object itself.

I in no way mean to be insensitive to your spiritual beliefs (if indeed that's what they are) but I tend to think the paraphilia stems from a multitude of psychological aspects that may entail (but does not require); emotional frailty or emotional abuse as well as diaper-discipline during ages of adolescence (often post-potty training) which serves as a sort of encouragement for future behavior. There are numerous more underlying factors buried in our subconscious that would be needed to piece together the puzzle of why people become ABs and DLs. Things such as yearning for ones mother. The bond between mother and infant is unmistakably strong and it starts in the womb. The maternal figure is a caretaking one; as such acting out fantasies of being a baby may just be a subconscious desire to attain that original phase of life: the carefree harmony of babyhood.

Im certain one could fill a psychology book on WHY we are what we are. But there is just so much to sift through that you may think you have found a sort of universal link, only to see it's not the case. There are many paths to becoming an AB/DLs and while we all share commonalities, the trails taken have been unique to our individual experiences in life.

Things such as yearning for ones mother. The bond between mother and infant is unmistakably strong and it starts in the womb. The maternal figure is a caretaking one; as such acting out fantasies of being a baby may just be a subconscious desire to attain that original phase of life: the carefree harmony of babyhood.

*giggles* sounds like someone is a freudian fan!!!!

personally, i dont waste my time analyzing 'why' i like ab play.

but then again i dont waste my time analyzing why i do or dont like lots of things.

I love family guy simpsons and futurama but am not a fan of king of the hill. Why? i dont really care, i just know what i like and go with it.

I dont like country music at all but love punk rock. why?

i'm sure i could list the things about each i lke and dislike respectively, but that doesn't tell me why i like or dislike those things, and why waste all this time analyzing something, when i could spend that time just enjoying it!!!!

but then again i dont waste my time analyzing why i do or dont like lots of things.

I love family guy simpsons and futurama but am not a fan of king of the hill. Why? i dont really care, i just know what i like and go with it.

i'm sure i could list the things about each i lke and dislike respectively, but that doesn't tell me why i like or dislike those things, and why waste all this time analyzing something, when i could spend that time just enjoying it!!!!

One simple word: Curiosity. Some of us have this curious streak that drives us to seek answers... This is probly as deep-seeded as the diaper thing, or most any other key part of anyone's personality. It's the driving force behind science, religion, and exploration.

well theres a difference between being curious about yourself, and being obsessed with finding an answer to something that quiet honestly most likely doesn't have an answer.. at least not one we can yet explain through our current knowledge.

it seems like many people become just so obsessed with understanding a certain aspect of themselves, they forget to just sit back and enjoy. I'm not saying self exploration is bad, there are times when i've looked at myself and attempted to better understand things about myself..

it seems to me, and of course these are all just my opinoins, based on no experience other than my own, that many people here are looking for an explanation in order to better accept this part of themselves. As if having a solid set in stone reason for liking diapers or ab play will somehow make it all ok. Rather than just accepting that you dont have to have a reason to like something, and its ok to like it, without knowing why.

I think thats all i was trying to say about myself, that i know its ok to like diapers and not know why. Its ok to accept this is something you enjoy and want to do and not understand the mechanisms by which you came to enjoy this particular thing.

Just like its ok to like certain foods and dislike others, to like certain sports, or books or even people, and dislike others. You dont have to know why you like something to enjoy partaking in it, you just have to accept that you like it, acknowledge that you like it, and move on.

if it makes people feel better to say "this is the exact reason why i like to wear diapers" if being able to say that can truely allow them to accept themselves and be happy, more power to them

its just some people spend years obsessing over the why when that time could have been spent just enjoying the diapers themselves.

I can understand what you're getting at. But there are some of us who really do have an inability to remain satisfied with the limitations of our current level of knowledge. But there are, of course, some things that're better enjoyed without seeking explinations. For the most part, I'm content with the fact that I like wearing diapers because they're nice and comfy. But it would be nice to be able to explain the deeper workings, if only to get people off my back about it... I think that perhaps most of the others who try to dig up the roots of diaper wearing are also trying to provide this information so we can better defend ourselves agaisnt the people out there who think we're all just a bunch of sickos and pervs... Uncovering these answers would be helpful to putting an end to the harrassment and stigma from the rest of society. It's hard to be comfortable with who you are when there are people you know harrassing you for being who you are.

I can understand what you're getting at. But there are some of us who really do have an inability to remain satisfied with the limitations of our current level of knowledge.

I'm one of those myself B) Most people go through life happy just to know the 'how' but I need more. I want to know 'why', the underlying aspects which teach lessons that lead to learning how to make better choices, and to wisdom which can be shared :)

But it would be nice to be able to explain the deeper workings, if only to get people off my back about it... I think that perhaps most of the others who try to dig up the roots of diaper wearing are also trying to provide this information so we can better defend ourselves agaisnt the people out there who think we're all just a bunch of sickos and pervs... Uncovering these answers would be helpful to putting an end to the harrassment and stigma from the rest of society. It's hard to be comfortable with who you are when there are people you know harrassing you for being who you are.

Being Transgendered and having seen the progress that has been made in understanding my own condition shows that with enough seeking, answers can be found. Twenty years ago nobody understood why some people were Transexual. Many theories abounded without much proof. Even the medical field generally thought that it was mainly psycological, and the public thought it was just plain nuts :( Now they've identified physical differences in the brain, understand the influence of hormones received in the womb, and discovered that nature plays a larger role than nurture does in TS's, the reverse of the generally accepted beliefs of 20 years ago. The public acceptance is slowly improving as the understanding and education grows :D Someday there might be a similar level of research done on the ABDL world and similar results might(or might not)be achieved. The only certainty is that those answers aren't going to be found by anyone who is not looking for them and that we will not likely attain widespread acceptance without that depth of understanding :mellow: Maybe just as important is how one goes about that quest, because the right answers are almost never found by looking from the wrong perspective or by trying to justify preconcieved notions when facts point the other way. With so many other issues taking precedence in the minds of researchers I seriously doubt that the understanding we seek will be attained in my lifetime. Even if it is, there are more implications lying beyond it :huh:

Nobody will ever find total acceptance in society because there will always be small-minded people who will not accept truth no matter how well proven it is. People who do or espouse 'outlandish' things have never been allowed their equal place in society among the 'normals' :angry: The real failing is in the structure of society and how people think ;) Solving that problem is going to take hundreds of years to attain if we can manage to last that long without destroying ourselves and if we don't solve that problem that's what we're going to end up doing to ourselves :(

As for now and the topic of ABDL, it truly is enough reason to do it simply because we like it. It needs no more explanation than that to those who think deeply and therefore see that there's no harm in it. There is no possibility of explaining it to those who don't :closedeyes:

Bettypooh

I'm sort of a mix on that. While I don't really feel a deep need to explain to myself why I like being an AB so that I can somehow feel better about it, I do have a very strong natural curiosity and I look for the answers because I'm not content in not knowing as much as I can. In fact, I almost always have a web browser open to Wikipedia just because I'm constantly questioning every little thing that pops into my head. Introspection is quite important to humans, the ability to think about your emotions and yourself, if we didn't have it we just may not be quite as intelligent as we all are. However that doesn't mean we all need to think deeply about every little thing we like, it's just one of a great many curiosities and interests some of us take to in a universe that is chalk-full of them. :)

[quote I know what you're thinking. "That's absolutely crazy!" Is it? The Sacral Chakra says otherwise.

The Sacral Chakra is the center of emotions / sexual energy, and is expressed / repressed based off your childhood.

but the fetish itself is not evil.

Okay I am going to end the thread with a simple who cares about the why, just enjoy the how! :D

i tried that..apparentlyit just means we dont have that natural instinctual curiosity to know more about the world around us and ourselves...