LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Where Have All The Good Members Gone?

Daily Diapers was once a thriving community with a chat room full of people. Now when I enter the chat room I'm lucky to see three people, and very lucky to see a name I recognize. I'm convinced many stopped coming for the same reason I stopped. This is still a great site, but I am very vulnerable here, just as I am anywhere I go. My hopes were that in here I would be safe. Maybe some day. Mean people are everywhere I guess. Missing all my old friends in DD!

Daily Diapers was once a thriving community with a chat room full of people. Now when I enter the chat room I'm lucky to see three people, and very lucky to see a name I recognize. I'm convinced many stopped coming for the same reason I stopped. This is still a great site, but I am very vulnerable here, just as I am anywhere I go. My hopes were that in here I would be safe. Maybe some day. Mean people are everywhere I guess. Missing all my old friends in DD!

i've always been under the impression that any community site for this scene is very much nomadic. Yeah, they will be around for a while, but eventually people move on. People get driven away for different things, but generally people will go on their own way, or just cycle. I remember 6-7 years ago, maybe later, I was pretty active on DPF. There were a handful that were active also, maybe somewhere between 30-50 but eventually they too trickled on. Maybe a lot of them hit the purge cycle at the same time, maybe they just decided they would live their life without the community. It happens. Sad as it is, it happens.

I would venture a guess, that the communities are best used to get to know people on a level outside of the community. Via phone calls/meeting/facebook/myspace ect. Yeah, someone can stop viewing some boards, but unless they change their number, it wouldn't be hard to just call them up to say hi.

Keep in mind that this isn't the case with just the AB scene, it can be applied to quite a few others as well. Gamers know what this is like; any wow player apart of a large guild has seen people come and go, a small core of people usually stick around, but eventually everyone moves on to bigger and better things so to speak. I could also look at this from a standpoint of my own fraternity. Phi Mu Alpha revels in it's continued activity of brotherhood even beyond the years of college life. But still, while handfuls stick around, actively participating, many move on to do their own thing. Sure they may keep in touch with one or two others, but many disappear all together.

Yeah, it's sad to see people go, but change happens. Life moves on.

sorry to hear you are missing your old friends turtle.

but i think its important to remember that online communities are fluid, with old members moving on and new members constantly joining.

As new members join they are quite eager to being engaging in this community, and often older members, will step back to allow the new members time...

i've been here for a while now, and am constantly meeting 'new members' who very quickly become the 'old regulars'

change can be hard, but you gotta just go with the flow and reach out to the new members, you might find they are just as 'good?' as the old ones you are missing.

And I still think alot of us 'oldies' are still around we just don't do chat much. I guess I don't bother with chat cause the times I am on I never see it active. I only post when I think I have something to say. As talkative as I am I have a hard time doing too much posting. I prefer face to face. Or at least chat rooms where you get instant responses.

yea, I mean, its funny but I notice it with alot of the forums I frequent.

New people ask alot of the same questions that old timers have answered 100 times, and they don't have anything to add, or are tired of saying the same thing, so they stay quiet until they have something new to add.

That, and sometimes people just go looking for new environment.

lol ive been here since 05 and its been like this every so often man people come and people go i mean some people come in when they can and not try and get caught by parents/spouse/girlfriend or what ever the case maybe these things happen i remember back in the summer man it was like once a month when i would get on

:glare: Hey. Even though I'm a newbie as compared to most of those on here, I like to think I'm not a bad member.......Just because my comp is a nazi about the chat room doesn't mean I wouldn't get on........

The Angel of Hope,

Alice

Hia all :)

I am a regular visitor here, used to chat in the chatroom but as one of the posters said regular convo tends to get busted up with the baby roleplay talk. Not that baby talk annoys me cuz it doesn't it just means I like talking about life in general and sharing the same room messes me up. Often I get lost in the pace of the chatroom. Sadly too I have witnessed many chat brawls full of negativity that was most of what sent me to look elsewhere. I am a happy DL and don't like when ppl get mean spirited. I have met several abdl's that I talk to regularly through pms which lead to other one to one chats and phone calls. Turtlepins you are a good bABy, I enjoy many of your posts, Sarah made a valid point as did amp also. The "real world" interupts the visits to for many of us from time to time. I personally am a regular to the Forum, I love my DD community it is a wonderful site. (take a bow Di) Duck you are one of the funniest ppl I know, you crack me up often :lol:

Huggie :biker_h4h:

It's all just a balancing act. People have needs outside this forum, and those needs trump this social experience. As people are pulled away by the real world, new members join in and start making contributions. It's not that people become disinterested, just distracted. Though I'm sure there are a few members who have lost interest and just decided not to come back.

Guest dl_aslee

I actually have been on here for awhile myself. I had a different user name back then though and also my username was suppose to be dl_ashlee, lol. I messed up during the registration and didn't notice until several weeks later, then I didn't feel like redoing it.

I have only ever posted in the forums though, never been one for doing chat rooms on the internet. Either I post on the forums or IM. Maybe I'll have to check out the chat though, just to see what I might be missing.

I actually have been on here for awhile myself. I had a different user name back then though and also my username was suppose to be dl_ashlee, lol. I messed up during the registration and didn't notice until several weeks later, then I didn't feel like redoing it.

I have only ever posted in the forums though, never been one for doing chat rooms on the internet. Either I post on the forums or IM. Maybe I'll have to check out the chat though, just to see what I might be missing.

Someone might be able to fix that if one such person would ask :P ..It's funny but I always thought that was your nick till I looked at the spelling to see what it actuall was..anyhoo... if ya want it fixed< I might know somebody????????

I kinda agree with others on this thread..some of the same old thing over and over, just keeps me posting old threads as a answer. I hope you consider me a good member TP. I have no clue what happened to the chat though..I remember when it was packed..now not so much. Curious always had a following..now she rarely logs in. But I have to say be careful on here..you hang around to long they tend to make you a Moderator. :P;)

I kinda agree with others on this thread..some of the same old thing over and over, just keeps me posting old threads as a answer. I hope you consider me a good member TP. I have no clue what happened to the chat though..I remember when it was packed..now not so much. Curious always had a following..now she rarely logs in. But I have to say be careful on here..you hang around to long they tend to make you a Moderator. :P;)

ohh god a moderator? who would want that!!!!

:P

But I have to say be careful on here..you hang around to long they tend to make you a Moderator. :P;)

So far as I know, that's only happened once. And it turned out well!

I may have been a member for only a year, but there are some names that I haven't seen in a real long time. When I have time, I'll read as many posts as I can. If I don't have the time, I get picky about what I read, so that I'm not reading the same question and answer a hundred times.

Also, as time goes on, some members pass away (RIP HeidiLynn). Some members that are very private may have passed away and we didn't even know it.

But I guess that the rest of our lives get in the way. I know that I don't want to spend the rest of my life sitting in front of the computer.

Once you reach a certain post limit - do you become a moderator or do they manually make you one...confused?

Yeah as far as I know, I'm the only one to hold that honor...as for why DD chose me...I still haven't a clue. Time on site...post count..infinite wisdom :P (Just through that in)..I have no clue. Besides he gets to most of the stuff before I log in in the morning...I did do my first name change today though...woooohooo. :D

Many of us are still around but owing to things like the economy and work we might not have as much time to visit that often. My time has been taken up by 10 month old Australian Shepherd that we rescued from the streets. Training her has been a challenge but now that she is behaving better I can relax a bit more.

Have faith, the oldtimers are a lot like the Governor of California. They'll be back.

Stay Pampered

SoCalAB

http://socalab.250x.com

Yeah as far as I know, I'm the only one to hold that honor...as for why DD chose me...I still haven't a clue. Time on site...post count..infinite wisdom :P (Just through that in)..I have no clue. Besides he gets to most of the stuff before I log in in the morning...I did do my first name change today though...woooohooo. :D

you were asked, you said yes, then we voted you in. We trust you.

As for me, I must not be a "Good Member"

alot of the older members that don't come anymore is do fallout from last years "power battles"

I lost many friends. I have no choice, I live here.