LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Sleep Study

dlinmsp

I have had sleep apnea forever. Since May I have been on a diet and I have lost nearly 75 pounds. As a result, the pressure on my CPAP is too high. So I scheduled a sleep study for last night so they could determine what I should do.

Because the pressure is set too high, I have not used my machine since August. Since I have stopped with CPAP I have had many bedwetting incidents. I had one about 2 months ago and I have been wearing diapers and plastic pants to bed since that time. I have read on the internet that bedwetting can be a result of apnea. It was also suggested to keep a journal to see if there is a patern.

For me there does not seem to be any regular patern that would undoubtedly make me wet. I have wet as many as 5 nights in a row. I have wet when enjoying alcohol and when not. The only thing that is constant is that I'm sleeping so soundly I don't realize my diaper is wet until I get out of bed.

Fearing that I might wet last night while at the study I wore a diaper and plastic pants while I was there. I was going to say something to the Tech but decided not to. I she noticed I was diapered she never said anything.

Has anyone had a similar experience?

My guess is that physically whats going is a combination of your weight loss and that you are getting deeper natural sleep. When you're in deep sleep, you don't have any real control over your voluntary muscles (thus why your limbs will twitch while you are asleep). If you've been having sleep apnea for a period of several years, its entirely probable that your body has become used to having some control over your bladder muscles at all times. Now that you are sleeping deeply, that control is slipping a bit, and as a result, your bedwetting accidents have occurred. Just a guess on my part...

As far as the tech goes, I'm sure shes seen that plenty of times before. I'm sure plenty of folks that have sleep disorders of some kind have night-related incontinence as well. Beyond that, he/she wouldn't be unprofessional enough to bring it up unless it was an issue. If you're wearing a diaper to something like that, they're going to assume that theres a good reason that you are doing so.

My guess is that physically whats going is a combination of your weight loss and that you are getting deeper natural sleep. When you're in deep sleep, you don't have any real control over your voluntary muscles (thus why your limbs will twitch while you are asleep). If you've been having sleep apnea for a period of several years, its entirely probable that your body has become used to having some control over your bladder muscles at all times. Now that you are sleeping deeply, that control is slipping a bit, and as a result, your bedwetting accidents have occurred. Just a guess on my part...

As far as the tech goes, I'm sure shes seen that plenty of times before. I'm sure plenty of folks that have sleep disorders of some kind have night-related incontinence as well. Beyond that, he/she wouldn't be unprofessional enough to bring it up unless it was an issue. If you're wearing a diaper to something like that, they're going to assume that theres a good reason that you are doing so.

I've noted it in other threads and will repeat it here, too. If you've had weight problems (and add in

sleep problems) and then develop a problem with bedwetting, consider having your blood sugar levels

checked as both problems are risk factors for diabetes. Especially if you've ruled out other reasonable

explanations.

That said, for people with Type 2 diabetes, the amount of weight loss you report can go a long way towards

bringing blood sugar levels down, sometimes even to normal levels.

isn't sleep apnea where you stop breathing, aka lose consciousness? I would imagine your muscles let loose when you black out.

Kinda works backwards from that, as you sleep your throat mucles relax, and block your airlow. This makes you wake up to the degree you can breathe again, (not fully awake). Then start the whole cycle again, many many times per hour. Besides getting very poor sleep (very little deep sleep) its very hard on the body, and has been linked to night wetting.

i suffer from sleep apnea also. it is very scary. i wake up and can not breathe or move. i try to shake out of it but can't. it lasts for about 10 to 15 seconds then i can finally move and gasp for air. it doesn't happen every night. but when it does it happens all night.

I had 2 surgeries to minimize it. A septoplasty (fix inside your nose) and palatoplasty (surgery on the roof of your mouth). They sucked but helped my sleep a lot. SNuggle says that my snoring dosn't shake dust from the ceiling anymore either :)

Been there and done that a few times. By the way, the sleep labs diapers suck. You are better off wearing your own.

I have had sleep apnea forever. Since May I have been on a diet and I have lost nearly 75 pounds. As a result, the pressure on my CPAP is too high. So I scheduled a sleep study for last night so they could determine what I should do.

Because the pressure is set too high, I have not used my machine since August. Since I have stopped with CPAP I have had many bedwetting incidents. I had one about 2 months ago and I have been wearing diapers and plastic pants to bed since that time. I have read on the internet that bedwetting can be a result of apnea. It was also suggested to keep a journal to see if there is a patern.

For me there does not seem to be any regular patern that would undoubtedly make me wet. I have wet as many as 5 nights in a row. I have wet when enjoying alcohol and when not. The only thing that is constant is that I'm sleeping so soundly I don't realize my diaper is wet until I get out of bed.

Fearing that I might wet last night while at the study I wore a diaper and plastic pants while I was there. I was going to say something to the Tech but decided not to. I she noticed I was diapered she never said anything.

Has anyone had a similar experience?

I had positional sleep apnea but after losing 40lbs it went away. I too wore diapers to my sleep studies and told the nurse that I did and she didn't care. I aske her to pass me a dry diaper when I was ready to go to sleep once all the equipment was hooked up, she did. If only she'd helped me change too!

• 2 weeks later...

Beyond that, he/she wouldn't be unprofessional enough to bring it up unless it was an issue. If you're wearing a diaper to something like that, they're going to assume that theres a good reason that you are doing so.

I'm sure that a tech could lose his/her job for causing any embarrassment about wearing diapers to a sleep study. They should assume that there is a damn good reason and not say anything out of the ordinary.

That's my take on it.