LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Travel Back In Time

So, say somebody invented a time machine and you had a one off opportunity to go back and spend one week in another year, when would it be? Here are the rules:

You can go back to any year in the last 100 years, so from 1908 to now, and you can go to any place in the world.

You will have to stay for exactly one week, good or bad.

It doesn't have to be to witness a famous event, maybe you just like the place and time.

However, if you do witness an event you can't change it. So for instance, you may be in Dallas to see Kennedy assassinated in 1963 but you can't do a thing to change it.

Beth

I would go back to 1908 and visit my great grandfather. He was an inventor in the electrical field. I would tell him all about transistors, valves, lasers, and the cavity magnetron.

Oh, and all about patents, and will trusts.

Besides that, I would just love to meet him! He was a lovely, eccentric character about whom many anecdotes still circulate in the family.

January 30th,1976 at exactly 6:14am

Wow, that must have been a great moment Pete, lol. ;)

If I was in London I would go back to before the 1914 war, maybe 1910 or something. Or maybe 1966 to watch England win the World Cup. If I was in the US I would go to NY in the twenties, or maybe to Green Bay in 1968 to go watch the Packers in the Ice Bowl.

Beth

I'd like to go back to the 30's or 40's when the BIG Loocomotives in their heyday were still running through Galesburg, and to experience how different things actually were back then.

I would go to Florida on January 22, 1986 in hopes of meeting some of the shuttle astronauts before Challenger exploded, to thank them and to know them as human beings. They were so much more than just faces on a wall.

Not quite the same premise, but I did write my most recent blog entry as an answer to a similar question. In that case, there were no restrictions on time travel or changing history, but based upon my choice, the restrictions you have imposed here would not have made a difference.

To many choices,but i'd like to say good by to a very good friend before they left this world .If i couldn't do that i'd love to go back to the late sixties when my grand father was offered a job as Richared Pettys crew chief.But there are so many others that are just important,I don't think i could make up my mind.DL JAY

I don't think there is anything I would want to go back for, at least not under the rules that have been imposed. I would only want to change things, or at least be able to tell someone something that I really should have said, and will never have the chance.

That said, one of the things mentioned here caught my eye,

I would go to Florida on January 22, 1986 in hopes of meeting some of the shuttle astronauts before Challenger exploded, to thank them and to know them as human beings. They were so much more than just faces on a wall.

I think that is a beautiful sentiment, and I can think of other similar situations that I would love to tell some people that affected history how much they mean to us all. But, I guess in the end, that would be changing things also.

Ayana

Yes, Square Duck. Go back to the late sixties, early seventies, Meet an insufferably arrogant young man and tell him not to mistreat that beautiful, vunerable young girl.

Then I could have ended up as a divorcee paying maintenance and alimony like all the rest!

Yes, Square Duck. Go back to the late sixties, early seventies, Meet an insufferably arrogant young man and tell him not to mistreat that beautiful, vunerable young girl.

Then I could have ended up as a divorcee paying maintenance and alimony like all the rest!

That's a bit of pessimistic view of marriage Mr Fressie. Some of us have great marriages, best thing I ever did!

Beth

• 3 weeks later...

Um...I really don't have any year I would like to go to in the last 100 years sadly. Do those have to be the constraints? I've always wanted to go back to feudal Japan and meet Mitsuhide Akechi but that was like 400 years ago.

The Angel of Hope,

Alice

• 2 weeks later...

Too bad it's only 100 years--I'd want to go farther back and meet my royal ancestors, and see if being an Nth-great-granddaughter gives me any status (granted, claiming to be from 2008 and speaking modern American English would probably get me thrown in Bedlam). I'd also want to clear up certain shady parts of the massive genealogy project I'm working on. And I'd take lots of pictures, ogle at the awesome clothes, weapons, and architecture, and laugh at how far off our efforts to be "historically accurate" have been.

If it had to be 100 years, I'd want to see the Victorian/Edwardian era, and maybe visit with my ancestors from those years. Visiting any point in my lifetime, especially when certain people were still alive, might be too depressing.

i would go back to myself now with a thumb drive with all of the essays i will need to write for college on it. I would theng give myself advice on what to do in the future and what works or not. I would then leave instructions on how to go back in time and what to say to prevent a paradox. Plus, I would give myself a case of abena too.

may go back a few more years for the same reason but get to visit some past pets again...

had to put down our 19 yr old cat on Nov 12... :(

So, say somebody invented a time machine and you had a one off opportunity to go back and spend one week in another year, when would it be? Here are the rules:

You can go back to any year in the last 100 years, so from 1908 to now, and you can go to any place in the world.

You will have to stay for exactly one week, good or bad.

It doesn't have to be to witness a famous event, maybe you just like the place and time.

However, if you do witness an event you can't change it. So for instance, you may be in Dallas to see Kennedy assassinated in 1963 but you can't do a thing to change it.

Beth

wouldn't mind being there for the JFK assassination to get an idea of who did it. (I was the guy under the black unbrella. That is why no one ever talked to him since I returned here ;))