LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Best Way To Quit?

Guest temp623

Guest temp623

its probably counter productive posting here but i will anyways. I've got a diaper fetish and I really dont want it. I've bought diapers 3 times before in the past and I have vowed that this weekend would be the last time I wear them. I dont mean any offence but It's pretty weird wearing diapers for satisfaction when so many people are forced to use them due to illness and etc. Every time I orgasm when thinking about diapers I realise how strange and how much I wish i didnt have this fetish. Does anyone know if there is a way to keep that feeling for good? And also keeping the fetish a secret?

Please dont post stuff saying, "forget about other people etc" I really dont want this fetish anymore, i'm just finding it hard to move on. After a couple of weeks of not even thinking about diapers i'll suddenly start thinking about them again.

Thanks

its probably counter productive posting here but i will anyways. I've got a diaper fetish and I really dont want it. I've bought diapers 3 times before in the past and I have vowed that this weekend would be the last time I wear them. I dont mean any offence but It's pretty weird wearing diapers for satisfaction when so many people are forced to use them due to illness and etc. Every time I orgasm when thinking about diapers I realise how strange and how much I wish i didnt have this fetish. Does anyone know if there is a way to keep that feeling for good? And also keeping the fetish a secret?

Please dont post stuff saying, "forget about other people etc" I really dont want this fetish anymore, i'm just finding it hard to move on. After a couple of weeks of not even thinking about diapers i'll suddenly start thinking about them again.

Thanks

Well Unfortunately for you sexual desire is hardwired into the brain. So, if you have a fetish you are pretty much stuck with it unless you do some pretty drastic stuff. aka hardcore drug treatments that have very nasty side effects. At least from what I understand. I guess you could always stop yourself from engaging in the diaper play but in my experience the urges keep coming back stronger and stronger. So yeah you can stop using diapers for fun but I don't think the desire to wear them will ever go away. but it may become less frequent.

Guest temp623

I thought about subjecting myself to disgusting pictures of diaper fetish and whenever i think about the fetish i remember the images and come to my senses. Anyone think that could work?

Guest dllightning

Thanks

so, you can not ever get away from this. The best way to get the farthest from it is to not feed the desires.

Watch "A Beautiful Mind" and follow his lead. It will always be there like his illusions. Just discontinue feeding it...

Hire a good therapist and ask him/her if there is any way to change your diaper fixation. My therapist wasn't confident she could correct this in me.....so I just learned to live with it.

Good luck. Hope it works out for you.

A man went to the doctor, and said "Doctor, I have this terrible problem. Every time I sneeze, I have a violent and prolonged orgasm. Is there anything you can give me for it?"

The Doctor gave him a prescription.....for snuff!

Lucky are the people who can get it off in more than one way, for they will never be bored!

I'm gonna wrap this one a little differently from other people.

I too believe it's wired in our brains, but I think with time, patience, and discipline, you can "rewire" yourself.

The difference? You have to want. You have to want it really really bad.

I had an addiction. It controlled my life. I knew it was wrong, and everytime I did it, I felt guilty. The "binge and purge".

My addiction became very public knowledge. After that, it helped that my family knew and still stood by my side. But the first step was I wanted to change. I NEEDED that change.

Everytime my mind wanders to my addiction, I catch it as quick as I can. I detail what led me to that path. Eventually, I found all the paths and I avoid them now. Most of the time, it takes an outside trigger to make me think about it, but the good thing is, it doesn't affect me anymore. I no longer have that urge. And I'm only four years out of it.

You can modify your behavior, if you want. You can lie to us, but you can't lie to yourself. You can't lie to your concious. Next time, you get the urge, try analyzing it. With time, you might be able to understand your triggers, not the reasons mind you, but the triggers.

Good luck.

I have tried to quit, tried to distance myself from it. Even now I try and distance myself from the diapers as I still have issues with this part of me. The only thing I have learned is that tossing the diapers only leads to financial disparity. Its a waste, then there is the after math of feeling bad for getting rid of something I loved....

I can't tell you you can't over come it........ All I can say is like many others I have taken drastic measures to distance myself from the "diaper side." (insert star wars parody) No matter how much I fight and hate that part of me, it is who I am. I have learned to roll with it. There are ups and downs... Do I wish I was normal??? YES. But that would mean I have some other sexual fixation.... So thank god my sexual fixation is only diapers and not poop, or blood, or some of the other icky things out there. (icky by me, but not for others, if you like bloody poopies, or poop, COOL.) LoL So, try as you may, try as you might, if you can get over it, share with us, because it always comes back.....

~Brian

Oh, the tenderness of youth(and all of it's worries too) :)

Like others have said, this is something that is going to stay with you. You can stop doing it if your willpower is strong enough but no amount of willpower can make you not want it. As strange as it may seem, for many people the best way to control it is to do it and get it over with, so the desire will go away till the next time. The danger of that method is that for everyone else, doing it will increase the desire. Try this only if you're ready for either result! For myself, increased allowance made for increased need which forced me to accepting who I really am and allowing more room in my life for my needs. All in all I'm happier now B)

"Diapersforme"and "Flexigirl" suggested professional help. Well, I've been there about other issues and I know this: All they can do for you is to help you learn how to deal with life in the real world. They cannot modify your innermost desires, thoughts, and feelings. They can only suggest ways to deal with them. Any therapist who tries to change you lacks the most basic understanding of their field, namely that you are who and what you are and that can't be changed. By causing another an inner conflict you always create more problems than you solved. If your therapist thinks otherwise you should find a better one right away because denial always fails(except maybe for Ostriches ;) ).

"Opie" compared this to an addiction. I'm with him on having beaten addictions and I hope we both stay clean for our own good. (Kudo's on your 4 years Opie, I'm at 5 with my last one and over ten with my worst one). Part of beating an addiction is recognizing the way you got there so you can avoid that path, just like he said. But this isn't an addiction! You are already 'there' and have been from the start. You can't escape it like you beat an addiction although you can use similar methods to gain better control of your life. If you find that something triggers the desire then you can learn to avoid that trigger, but you can't avoid what has always been inside of you: running from yourself always fails :badmood:

If you are as stuck with diapers as the rest of us here are, about the best you'll ever manage to do is to learn how to deal with it. Be smart about it. Don't take chances with others finding out unless you really want them to know. Realize that once a secret has been released you can no longer control how far it may go. Know that whoever you thought might be OK with it might turn out otherwise, and vice-versa. Make a safe place in your life for this need and don't wait until it overwhelms you to do it. If you bend with it, it will not break you. If you stand up to it then it might. If you find your soulmate, before accepting a lifetime comittment from them, bare your soul. If they truly love you they will understand, but that's no guarantee thet they can deal with it and you might lose them. If you truly love them, you'll chance your own loss rather than see them hurt that badly decades later when it is discovered. Quit worrying so much about what others might think and go on living your own life wherever it's path leads you. You are young so there's plenty of time for you to go back to another path should you discover that you want to. Seek intelligence, tolerance of human diversity, and most of all happiness and you'll do well in life.

Been there done that and got quite a few T-shirts, even if they're a bit wet at the bottom :rolleyes:

Bettypooh(the long-winded)Bedwetter

two step process my friend

1.) grab a metal fork

2.) Insert into outlet

Repeat as many times as necessary.

If you want to quit then quit, develop will power, otherwise stop fretting and enjoy. If you start having desires for small children or soem other absurdly screwed up thing seek medical attention, otherwise relax.

Guest dl_aslee

If you truly want to stop then you and a therapist will need to treat it as an addiction and you will need to tell your family and friends, so they can catch you also. For alcoholics it never goes away they just learn to manage it and go to aa meetings anytime they have an urge. Well there is no DA meetings for diaper users, so you will have to have people who can help you quit.

I as many others have just learned to live with it and don't do the binge and purge. I had gone the past few months with out them, but kept them as I knew it would come back at some point and it has. Last time I didn't even stop because I thought it was disgusting, just didn't feel the need to wear at that point.

As everyone has mentioned afore me, you are not gonna escape this. It's stuck with you for life. I myself accepted it as part of who I am when I discovered on the internet in the late 90's that I wasn't alone. Neither are you. It's not hurting anyone, so why not?

Quiting diapers is just like quitting anything else, either you find a substitute, or stop doing it completly.

I started quitting things when I was alot younger than you, I used to bite my fingernails, so badly they would bleed and were very painful, I just told myself I wasn't gong to do it no more and that was that.

The same thing happened when I wanted to loose weight, I just resigned myself to stop eating junk untill I lost 130 lbs.

You can do it if you want to, if you want to stop bad enough you will, but for something as simple as diapers, it shouldn't take that long, but being young, you going to want to do something else to get off, so try find a substitute.

Try just wanking in your tighty whities, or something else, you not going to stop that, that is just nature.

I'm going to play the devil's advocate here. Although I myself am with a similar mind with many of the above posters that this is something that generally isn't going to go away, I do believe that if you want it bad enough you can completely remove your desire for the diapers. But its not going to be easy. You can walk away from diapers and you won't even think about them for days weeks months at a time, but suddenly something will come past your mind, and everything will come raging back (even if you aren't wearing). I speak from personal experience there. It sounds like you really want out of this fetish. Never the less, you have to examine your emotions and see if this isnt just a sudden emotional reaction and not something well thought out.

What I would recommend is this.

1. Remove all links etc. that you have stored on your computer. If you have a spreadsheet of login's and passwords (as some people do) white those sites out, erase them, whatever. Do whatever it takes to remove the near occaision of temptation.

2. Obviously all diapers have to go.

3. Don't go to a shrink. Even if you want to treat it as an addiction, most pshrinks will tell you that as a fetish, they can't help unless it is literally harming your ability to interact with the real world.

4. As has been said, treat it like a literal addiction (i.e. as you would alcoholism, overeating, drug addictions, etc.). Unfortunately, because there is no physiological reaction that goes with diapers, theres no real downers or addiction symptoms to overcome. Its easier to quit in the short term, but in the long term, its hard to erase from your brain.

There's no easy way to quit. None. It will take alot of willpower and dedication in a long term.

I know how it feels when you're 17 or 18 and think this is freaky, and yeah as you've found out you jerk off and it goes away.......until next time. This is a bit like saying I have sex with a girl and after I cum I don't want sex with her again, that will only last until you feel horny again. As some of the others have said, we've most of us been through the old binge purge cycle and like Bri says you dump all your stuff and then buy more the next week.

I think you can stop doing it if you really want to, but you will never stop wanting to do it.......if that makes sense.

Beth

The posters who have stated that you're worrying too much are correct. I think what you're doing, what I know I was doing when I was your age, is thinking negatively about your prospects. For example, you're all worried that a diaper fetish and the life you've imagined, wife, kids, good job, don't go together. Negative thinking. The fact is, they do, if you believe they do.

You want to change? You can't change a man unless he's in diapers, so the saying goes.

This isn't like an alcohol addiction, or biting your nails I'm afraid. This is a sexual anxiety addiction, and you're pretty much stuck with it. Let me tell you how it's going to go. You'll see a therapist and maybe a shrink, you'll explain how you can't stand it and wade through months of pain and withdrawal and it still won't go away. You'll sit in front of said therapist and they'll at one point say, if you really want to quit this, you just have to do xyz. You'll lean back and think about how good the diapers felt, and suddenly come to the stunning conclusion that you don't want to quit, that you like wearing a diaper, and fuck em' if they just don't get it. You'll go home, put one on, pee it and turn on the tv with all the cares in the world gone, and just maybe you'll learn to accept it that time.

Sorry mate, but look on the bright side. You could have these feelings for kids, or for headless prostitutes. Ever heard of a reformed pedo or serial killer? It's tough down there, but you're nowhere near the worst of it.

I'm a firm believer in the power of hypnosis. As above, if you really want to be rid of diaper desires,

then try to find a good, understanding hypnotherapist. It may take a few sessions but I believe you

will accomplish your goal.......and without residual effects. Yes. Perhaps I am hypocritical, but then

I guess after binging and purging and self loathing and finally acceptance, well I rationalized that I never

did REALLY want to give up the pleasure of my diapers. Life has been much happier since.

HAPPINESS IS WEARING COTTON DIAPERS