LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

What Is The Best Plastic/vinyl Pants Out There?

So I've only bought one set of vinyl pants from a catalog (harriet carter). I know a strange place to buy them. But they were decent besides too tight on my legs and loose on my waist. So which is more the old baby material: plastic or vinyl pants? And what companies do you all shop from? Ebay seems to have a lot of them for sale. I've had some bad experiences from ebay though. Ok discuss.....

Comco or Gary. They are the only two left in the US.

The Harriet Carter pants are a joke.

http://comcomfg.com/

Gary pants are available from http://www.fetware.com

Other folks may have some other ideas too.

So I've only bought one set of vinyl pants from a catalog (harriet carter). I know a strange place to buy them. But they were decent besides too tight on my legs and loose on my waist. So which is more the old baby material: plastic or vinyl pants? And what companies do you all shop from? Ebay seems to have a lot of them for sale. I've had some bad experiences from ebay though. Ok discuss.....

My Da is on vacation at the moment but ALL of my plastic pants (everyt single one of them) are awesome. We get them from this lady on ebay. Usually i'd be skeptic about ebay too but she's fabululous. If you send me a message offline when my Da gets back i'll ask him what her online address is and put you into contact with her. She makes so much cool stuff. I've got plastic pants in every color imaginable, ones with baby giraffes on them or princess aurora (sleeping beauty), kats and well.... all my favorite stuff.

Not sure if auntie V has her training pants up yet but her web address is veryspecialclothes.com and she's one of the most amazing seamstresses out there today. Very reaosnably prices and i've never had a single problem with her stuff. Much better than all these over prices ebay people...One word to say about her clothes is quality.

My two cents

It's funny that you mention buying them from a catalog, as I purchased last summer some plastic pants through the Sears catalog. They were by a company called Priva. The cut was right and they worked good and they were cheap. $19 for 6 pairs of vinyl pants. The problem was that they wore out really quick. They basically blew out where they were melted together.

I had also bought a pair of waterproof nylon pants from a company called gabby's 5 or 6 years ago. I still have them, and they work great, but they're starting to wear out. I can't remember what I paid for them, but whatever it was they were worth it.

Some of the old baby ones were almost rubber (perhaps they were...) if memory serves me right.

Good luck finding some new ones.

Now is everyone using their perspective plastic pants with cloth diapers or just as a leak guard with disposables? I don't own any cloth diapers and was thinking of just throwing on the plastic pants outside disposables for feel and nostalgia factor.

Now is everyone using their perspective plastic pants with cloth diapers or just as a leak guard with disposables? I don't own any cloth diapers and was thinking of just throwing on the plastic pants outside disposables for feel and nostalgia factor.

A little from column 'a', and a little from column 'b' for me. For disposables, I have not found an excellent balance between value and quality for those that are readily available to me. When I'm trying new diapers out, I almost always wear a pair of plastic pants because I don't yet trust the disposable enough to go solo (or is that commando...diaper style?).

www.xpmedical.com is advertising a swim diaper/plastic pants called the Discovery Trekking Containment Brief. I have one myself and can personally vouch for it keeping whats needed to stay in the diaper where it belongs. The leg gathers are nice and snug as well as the waist. Also its velcro on the sides so you can easily adjust it to what firmness you need. I wore mine with my diaper (plastic covered of course, love that crinkle!) to work today and it contained all the noise rather nicely. Its a little pricey but well worth it if you ever want a good alternative to plastic. Comes in blue, green, and purple.

I got a few from MyOtherSide (or something like that) on eBay years ago and love them. Her eBay account and website aren't around anymore though :( She even made me a few pair from fabric that I sent her.

If you can find some second hand or by chance she is using another name, I highly recommend them. Excellent quality and the plastic is a good balance between being soft and durable. I'm not a regular wearer, but they have stood up to the limited use I give them far better than others i've had in the past.

As far as the cloth vs disposable question, I rarely wear cloth so they are usually over my disposables. I do it more because I like the pants rather than any additional protection (I think I have a plastic fetish if you get down to it...).

The best-fitting and most comfortable waterproof pants I've ever used were the nylon pants from Babykins. However, the plastic is thin, which makes them prone to tearing after a while. They're a good price (around $10 a pair last time I looked, though they may have gone up since then), but that's still high enough to make the tearing problem a real drag when it happens.

These days I'm exclusively wearing Priva pants, which can be had from Amazon.com for a great price--about $6 for a three-pack. (Shipping is extra, but it's free if you order more than $25 worth of merchandise.) At that price I wouldn't mind tossing out torn ones once in a while--but in fact I've almost never had to; they're quite durable. Not as marvelous a fit, though.

These days I'm exclusively wearing Priva pants, which can be had from Amazon.com for a great price--about $6 for a three-pack. (Shipping is extra, but it's free if you order more than $25 worth of merchandise.) At that price I wouldn't mind tossing out torn ones once in a while--but in fact I've almost never had to; they're quite durable. Not as marvelous a fit, though.

Ah yes. The joys of Amazon.ca versus Amazon.com. The Canadian site doesn't seem to have anything beyond books and dvd's still. I would be happier with the torn pants as well if they were only $6.00 for a 3 pack, that's nearly half the price that I paid. If I lived closer to the border, I would definitely have a post office box so I could reap some of the good deals that you have.

Ah yes. The joys of Amazon.ca versus Amazon.com. The Canadian site doesn't seem to have anything beyond books and dvd's still. I would be happier with the torn pants as well if they were only $6.00 for a 3 pack, that's nearly half the price that I paid. If I lived closer to the border, I would definitely have a post office box so I could reap some of the good deals that you have.

I get most of mine from Plastic-pants.com. They carry the full Gary line. I love the green apple color because they remind me of the Gerber baby pants I wore in the late '50s. Their heavy guage diaper pins are also absolutely the best diaper pins I have ever used... strong enough to hold a wet adult diaper, but not so big that they are uncomfortable if you roll over onto them at night. Their customer service is also outstanding.

Another fun toy catalog for diaper lovers is http://www.b4ns.com. They have a great variety, including pull-on pants that you unsnap the crotch for diaper changes, just like what were available for babies 30 to 40 years ago.

I like the leakmaster delux brand. Heavy vinyl large for the big padding days. ALso, quiet. I found them through Adult Cloth Diaper Co. Individually pricy but long lasting if you hand wash and air dry.

I get mine from various supliers, so I don't really have a favourite. I like a UK company called HB Enterprises, but they can be expensive. I've had both good and bad from Ebay, but I recently bought some pvc lined cotton pants (gingham) from a UK supplier on there and they are very nice, less than £10 too. I can't remember her account name, but it's TRA something.

Beth

Good plastic pants need several qualities. They need to fit well, feel nice, and stop leaks. As to sources I like Comco, Babykins, and have had good luck with the pants from ACMedical.

Froggy

Ok, for all of you plastic pant wearers, how do vinyl pants compare to rubber pants? I have rubber pants now, was thinking about getting some vinyl because the rubber pants are coming apart on me.

Odd, not having worn real rubber pants I would have figured them to last almost forever.

With vinyl, like all things, quality matters. I have had some (the old DPF gerber style) that while they felt like the real thing, they developed holes and tears almost immediately. I've also had some where the plastic was so thick and stiff that I couldn't stand them.

If you are thinking about switching, I would suggest you only get one at a time and try different manufacturers to start. That will hopefully help you avoid spending a bunch on pants that you don't get much use out of.

Ok, for all of you plastic pant wearers, how do vinyl pants compare to rubber pants? I have rubber pants now, was thinking about getting some vinyl because the rubber pants are coming apart on me.

~Brian

Well.....since you ask. Rubber pants, real rubber pants are quite old. They were replaced with vinyl or plastic at least in the fifties maybe longer. It was probably about the time of the war because real rubber was VERY hard to get. It all went into tires for the war (WW2). Anyway everyone called the plastic pants, rubber pants back then. I suppose because rubber was the gold standard. I can remember wearing "rubber" pants and being teased because I wore "rubber" pants. Since then I bought a pair of real rubber pants, actually several pair from different manufacturers and hands down I prefer plastic pants. The rubber sort of sags and hangs and doesn't blouse out like plastic pants. I think they are probably pretty durable but again that probably varies by manufacturer. I can't attest to their longevity because I've never worn a pair out. I just can't stand to wear them that much and they must not look that cute on me because nobody else puts them on me. Plastic pants last me maybe as much as 6 months but they are being rotated. I usually have about 4 pair at any one time. Now that I'm in day diapers I think nanny uses more but I'm supervised to the extent that I can't even get over to the washing machines. It's a "dangerous place with all the cleaning products and is off limits to me.

Baby

I've always hand washed and hang dried my rubber pants. Only a small part of the leg gather started to come apart. They have lasted me 3 years. I love them, they fit over my disp. diapers tightly and protect me from leaks. I'll have to give the vinyl a whirl.

~Brian

I've always hand washed and hang dried my rubber pants. Only a small part of the leg gather started to come apart. They have lasted me 3 years. I love them, they fit over my disp. diapers tightly and protect me from leaks. I'll have to give the vinyl a whirl.

~Brian

There's the difference. I don't like mine to fit too tightly. I like to have the looser and blouse out. My brothers used to tease me and call them "clown pants" when I was smaller. Do you wet your pants all the time? I guess what I'm wondering is how often do they need to be washed. My plastic pants just get thrown in the wash with everything else. I wear the same plastic pants all day long. I just get clean diapers and the same plastic pants over them unless I've wicked onto the elastic. Do you want your plastic pants to fit tight also? And you always wear disposable under?

Baby

yes I wear a disposable under. I wear them at night as it would be difficult to explain to my wife why the bed got damp... I don't wear them during the day because I do not have leaking problems during the day. I am a side sleeper so my rubber pants help me out. In the morning I take them in the shower with me and wash them up, then hang them on the back of the bathroom door. :)

~Brian

I have been buying my plastic pants from fetware, I think they are the 'cloud' style. My last batch has lasted a lot longer than previous batches. However, I would NOT recommend buying from fetware at all. More than once they have delayed my order for several weeks without giving me any reason why. When I finally contacted them they wrote back saying that my order was on back order and did not offer any apologies for not letting me know.

There are a lot of good diaper/plastic pant distributors and it's just my opinion that fetware is not one of them. I appreciate everyone else's opinion as I'm sure I'll need to place another order (with a different company) in the next couple of months.