LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Call For Donations

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay, need a little help this month. We're averaging over 2 million hits a day and will break bandwidth use records for the month. If you haven't upgraded to Baby Banker - a supporter of dailydiapers - please consider doing so now.

http://www.dailydiapers.com/board/index.ph...&CODE=index

Dailydi,

I tried to upgrade to Baby Banker, but when I go to the subscription panel, the only option is verified 18+ (which I already have paid). There is no Baby Banker option, so how do I upgrade?

~ Moogle

A while back I posted a short breakdown of this site's costs:

Server Rental (basic server, not including bandwidth overages: $3,600 a year

Server management (support technicions on call to keep server running) $359.88

Message Board Licenses: $174.99 a year

Chat room: $396 a year

That's almost $4,600 a year we need to raise JUST to have the site here. And that doesn't include what I pay for bandwidth overages, graphic designers, script customization, domain fees, photographers for photo sets and more. Not to mention my time running the site... which I know some people hate to consider, but the simple truth is I have to be able to afford to put hundreds of hours a year into updating, maintaining and moderating the site. I can't do that if I have to get a second job at Wal-Mart to pay the bills.

A while back I posted a short breakdown of this site's costs:

Server Rental (basic server, not including bandwidth overages: $3,600 a year

Server management (support technicions on call to keep server running) $359.88

Message Board Licenses: $174.99 a year

Chat room: $396 a year

That's almost $4,600 a year we need to raise JUST to have the site here. And that doesn't include what I pay for bandwidth overages, graphic designers, script customization, domain fees, photographers for photo sets and more. Not to mention my time running the site... which I know some people hate to consider, but the simple truth is I have to be able to afford to put hundreds of hours a year into updating, maintaining and moderating the site. I can't do that if I have to get a second job at Wal-Mart to pay the bills.

Now, How much do you make from the site? The Bambino diapers sponsership. All the other sponsers paying hundreds monthly (Park place crib.com, ab universe.com, protex medical, phone a mommy. diaperspace, securepersonal care) and the paying member signups from the photo shoots you "have" to pay for. It would seem to me that the site pays for itself and you should even have profit which would eliminate the need for baby bankers. Sorry, I don't mean to be a pest but I just don't see how you need donations to help pay for a site that should be making plenty of money.

Hey, if you don't want to donate, don't donate! Its not like DD is saying you cant be on the site if you dont donate!

Besides, its $10.....its not like hes asking everyone to chip in $100 or more. And its a lifetime membership, it doesnt have to be renewed.

Asking about the personal expenses and actual takeins isnt our business. We're here to enjoy the website, and I'm more than willing to do what it takes to make sure that the website stays around.

Temporarily without Employment here as well DD.. Have an Interview today, If it goes well I'll send you some $$$ afterwards.

I for one don't mind donating a little in order to keep the site free for people who can't afford pay-sites. This place remains THE BEST ABDL Support Site.

Temporarily without Employment here as well DD.. Have an Interview today, If it goes well I'll send you some $$$ afterwards.

I for one don't mind donating a little in order to keep the site free for people who can't afford pay-sites. This place remains THE BEST ABDL Support Site.

Here...Here...At least you donated once..so your in a pinch now..What's the rest of the excuses for the other 1000 members..Huh???

Can't afford 3 cents a day, yeah that's a break down for ya! :P (Rounded high)

Asking about the personal expenses and actual takeins isnt our business. We're here to enjoy the website, and I'm more than willing to do what it takes to make sure that the website stays around.

Couldn't have said it better!!!! IF the money was just for him...who cares..find another site that offers even half of DD.

I usually wouldn't ask, but I just don't buy the excuse that he needs $4,600 a year in donations to keep the site free. The site would easily be able to remain free without donations if its making more than $4,600 which I suspect it is....so why the need for donations "to keep the site free"?

On a side note...You baby's need to get jobs! lol

OK. I'll get on my soapbox, here. We have, in Daily Diapers, probably the best group therapy available to us on the net. Would it hurt so much to donate to the cause? I know there are sponsors, but that does not take into consideration the love, time and effort put in to providing these fora. This is basically a non-profit website. A little help, if you can, would be appreciated by all.

Cuddles,

--heidilynn ;)

I don't agree with all the charges (buy your on server for less money and switch to open source), but I don't need to agree. I like the service and think it is well worth helping out. For less than the price of one movie ticket I'll get a lot more entertainment from DD.

So thanks, keep up the good work, you've got my $10. To those saying you don't have the money.... well how much are you spending on diapers? Forgo a few diapers and help out. All you have to do is look at the waste of (net)space aby.com has become to appreciate what we have here, and what the admin takes care of.

InD

:mellow: Here's a drop in the bucket, it's not much compared to the amount of support I've gotten from this website.

I don't understand why some people would have a problem donating once in a while, I guess it takes all kinds.

Vic

Actually looking into buying my own server, but so far not finding anything that would save money. A powerful enough server would cost me about three grand, and I'd still have to pay a monthly fee to co-locate it somewhere with access to bandwidth. Plus, no guarantees that the open-source free srver software will work with all our scripts. Not giving up on it, but not ready to make the jump either.

Okay, need a little help this month. We're averaging over 2 million hits a day and will break bandwidth use records for the month. If you haven't upgraded to Baby Banker - a supporter of dailydiapers - please consider doing so now.

http://www.dailydiapers.com/board/index.ph...&CODE=index

O.K Guess i am being a bit blond here, but how do i do that?

Mal.