LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

New Rule

We've all seen it a thousand times: Someone comes on here and posts a question that's been asked before--often many times before. E.g., "What's your favorite diaper?" "How can I tell my girlfriend I like diapers?" "Who have you told about your diapers?" You know the kind I mean.

But honestly, after all these years and thousands of threads, there are no brand new topics. So is there really a need to snidely say, "Go find the threads where we've talked about this a thousand times"? I think not.

Yes, these questions--as with most topics here--have been addressed before. But just because you've read those threads and are omnicient doesn't mean everyone is. Try to remember back to a time before you knew everything, when you were first exploring this strange new world and these scary and exciting feelings. You didn't want to read what other people had said, you wanted to talk to someone about that thing you couldn't share with anyone else in your life. Remember?

So, the new rule is: It's okay to link or direct people to another thread that's relevant to the topic, but it's not okay to say, "This has been done before, go find it."

Can we agree on that?

-RMS

• Like 3

We've all seen it a thousand times: Someone comes on here and posts a question that's been asked before--often many times before. E.g., "What's your favorite diaper?" "How can I tell my girlfriend I like diapers?" "Who have you told about your diapers?" You know the kind I mean.

But honestly, after all these years and thousands of threads, there are no brand new topics. So is there really a need to snidely say, "Go find the threads where we've talked about this a thousand times"? I think not.

Yes, these questions--as with most topics here--have been addressed before. But just because you've read those threads and are omnicient doesn't mean everyone is. Try to remember back to a time before you knew everything, when you were first exploring this strange new world and these scary and exciting feelings. You didn't want to read what other people had said, you wanted to talk to someone about that thing you couldn't share with anyone else in your life. Remember?

So, the new rule is: It's okay to link or direct people to another thread that's relevant to the topic, but it's not okay to say, "This has been done before, go find it."

Can we agree on that?

-RMS

An Excellent Point !!!!!

It really is not user friendly to tell a new member to go look for yourself.

This smacks as a "Smart Ass" remark worthy of some time out in a corner !

Often the topic the new member is identifying with is located many pages deep in a sub-topic section of Forum

that will take hours to read and review just to find an answer.

Using the Search function is perhaps one way to get to an answer so instead of telling the new member to go

look for yourself. Please provide him with the clues to ferret out the subject matter using this method.

Now aren't you ashamed of yourself !

For being selfish your punishment will be sit in a corner in your wet diaper while you think about how to make

the Forum more user friendly.

Babylock

Guest Wetnmessy247

Yes I do not like it on other boards when people flame away at a user simply because they posted a topic they were unaware existed already.

Constructive criticism is better than ALREADY A THREAD LOSER.

I was afriad the rule ws going to be no new topics period. I was like, "But I want to talk about diapers. Now what am I gonna do?"

Yes I do not like it on other boards when people flame away at a user simply because they posted a topic they were unaware existed already.

Constructive criticism is better than ALREADY A THREAD LOSER.

I was afriad the rule ws going to be no new topics period. I was like, "But I want to talk about diapers. Now what am I gonna do?"

Ha! No, I would not suggest that we shun the topic of diapers on dailydiapers.com. That's why we're here!

-RMS

Good point indeed. It's great that the negativity is being brought down a notch or so lately around here. Everyone always says grow some skin and learn to not take it the wrong way. If it were only that easy... I think its great that these issues are coming up alot lately and being dealt with positively. This is an excellent place and with this attitude, it's only to get better!

Sometimes starting a new thread about a commonly discussed topic is great to get new input instead of reading 50 pages through a search result from old replies and most likely negative ones...

Great job everyone... still the best place on the web.

CHEERS

Honestly... the constant repetitiveness of discussion topics is one thing about the AB/DL community that really bores me. Once you've been around the forums long enough it starts to be a broken record.

I realize that there are new people joining the community all the time... but seriously, how many "I just peed my diaper." or "What diaper do you think is best?" threads does a person really need to see before getting fed up with the whole thing? Is it really a sign of the times when people can't even be bothered to do a little research before putting their question out there?

I mean come on folks... this is the internet, odds are your question has been posed by someone before... and probably recently too.

I feel we should amend this "rule" to state that it IS ok to flame someone for starting a new topic when the same topic is still on the first page. Because really, if you can't be bothered to check at least the first page of a forum before posting a new thread you deserve to get yelled at.

• Like 1

Honestly... the constant repetitiveness of discussion topics is one thing about the AB/DL community that really bores me. Once you've been around the forums long enough it starts to be a broken record.

I realize that there are new people joining the community all the time... but seriously, how many "I just peed my diaper." or "What diaper do you think is best?" threads does a person really need to see before getting fed up with the whole thing? Is it really a sign of the times when people can't even be bothered to do a little research before putting their question out there?

I mean come on folks... this is the internet, odds are your question has been posed by someone before... and probably recently too.

Thanks for your honesty, Darkfinn. However! Bored with daily diaper??!!! I don't think there's a requirement that you read every single post, especially if you feel it's been posted before ad infinitum. I've been coming in here for a long time and I never get bored. But then I have a small mind that is easily amused. :screwy: I like the newbies that post those old familiar topics. They're exploring their new world and it's fun! So you know who posts interesting stuff. Just read theirs! As for research, you probably come from an era when people actually did research. I deal with people who don't even have a public library card, know how to do a site search, and can't even find their way around the daily newspaper! Lots of folks in here will have the lazies from time to time. Shrug it off and enjoy the good stuff. Hope you have a wonderful day in diapers! ;)

I feel we should amend this "rule" to state that it IS ok to flame someone for starting a new topic when the same topic is still on the first page. Because really, if you can't be bothered to check at least the first page of a forum before posting a new thread you deserve to get yelled at.

I can understand your frustration, Let, and we all get impatient with noobs. But I'll never forget my first posts here, and how thrilling it was to finally be able to say something--anything--about diapers out loud and share with people who understood. The ability to finally open up about something so intensely private and, for many of us, shameful, is intoxicating.

I'm just asking for a little understanding for those who want to engage in a new experience, rather than simply reading about someone else's. See what I mean?

-RMS

I agree with you RM. It is harsh to tell a newcomer "This has already been asked, go find the topic."

I would rather say "Already been asked" and I post the link. But if I can't be bothered to search for those threads, I don't say a word. I cut people some slack.

I went to a forum where people would tell newcomers "Use the search button" and some would tell them to look first before they ask. I thought it as ridiculous people would expect someone to look through 200 plus pages for a certain thread.

Here is a solution, don't read the threads. I have grew bored of the AB/DL community and I am not big on it like I used to be. It just got so old. I have lost interest in reading the stories. I rarely read them now. I just pop back in here when I'm bored but I hardly click on anything.

At ADISC, they have a feature where when you start a thread, when you put in the title, similar threads will pop up for you to check before you post. It's a way to reduce repetitive threads. They have also added a feature where you can actually ignore a thread so it doesn't pop up. It's hidden from your view.

See I feel it's all part of the process by which you become accustomed to posting online. You make a few pathetic attempts at first at it (HAY GUYZ IM NEW HERE!!!!111) and your ass gets shot down. Suck it up son, the humility is good for ya... builds character and whatnot!

• Like 1

See I feel it's all part of the process by which you become accustomed to posting online. You make a few pathetic attempts at first at it (HAY GUYZ IM NEW HERE!!!!111) and your ass gets shot down. Suck it up son, the humility is good for ya... builds character and whatnot!

Very nice. That's right up there with abusing people and justifying it by saying, "The sooner they learn life's not fair, the better. I'm doing them a favor!"

Yeah, very nice.

-RMS

I agree with this statement.

Seriously, Diamondback? I remember when we were both new here. Is that how you wanted to be treated then?

-RMS

Honestly, I don't really give a damn.

This is the internet. I come here to relax and I forget about everything that was posted as soon as I click away to a different website.

....Is it really a sign of the times when people can't even be bothered to do a little research before putting their question out there?....

It is a sign of these times as best I can tell :angry2: Us "old-uns" had it drilled into us at school that you looked for the answer yourself before you asked someone else for it. Now it seems that this is no longer done :huh: IMHO unless there is some strong reason to not do it, you should do your own research :P Why does anyone think that someone else owes them that?

I agree with you RM. It is harsh to tell a newcomer "This has already been asked, go find the topic."....

....I went to a forum where people would tell newcomers "Use the search button" and some would tell them to look first before they ask....

And I agree here too :rolleyes: As I see it, helping a newbie is being nice and well worth doing :thumbsup: We were all there once, and should remember how it felt- especially when someone made us feel stupid. I can't remember thread titles and where to find them so I'm not being mean when I tell someone to look for it themselves -_- If I knew where it was I'd post it for them! So there are reasons other than meanness that this happens.

And another thing- the search engine here sucks :whistling: I've tried find posts by content and/or topic and always get so many responses that looking through them all is nigh on impossible. I've even searched for something I posted the day before using the whole post title and it wasn't there :badmood:

That's why I now try to give newbies a short answer to their question and tell them to look around for themselves. If they're as interested as I was when I started they'll be glad they took the time to look. It's worth the effort; nobody owes it to you (though they do owe you some civility); you'll also learn about the people here; and you'll see why this is the best ABDL site there is :thumbsup:

Bettypooh

Seriously, if people are sick of repetitive threads, they don't have to read them. No one is forcing them.

Honestly, I don't really give a damn.This is the internet. I come here to relax and I forget about everything that was posted as soon as I click away to a different website.

Well you have changed then. I remember how sensitive you used to be on Vickie's forum and you cursed her out when she banned you. This was back in 2005. They did have a stupid rule about making posts in a row. Just makes it harder for me to make replies in a thread so I find myself not being able to reply to every post. It be a bitch to go back and hit the quote button and copy and post and go back and edit your post and paste. It's ridiculous. If only they had the multi quote button. I had just learned how to use that function.

Well you have changed then. I remember how sensitive you used to be on Vickie's forum and you cursed her out when she banned you. This was back in 2005. They did have a stupid rule about making posts in a row. Just makes it harder for me to make replies in a thread so I find myself not being able to reply to every post. It be a bitch to go back and hit the quote button and copy and post and go back and edit your post and paste. It's ridiculous. If only they had the multi quote button. I had just learned how to use that function.

I've grown up a bit since then.

Why not simply sticky (or whatever's the proper term these days) the more common topics?

It's a good idea in theory, but then there would be an entire page in stickied topics or more. Unless someone wants to take the time to compile a list of all of the common questions and answers and put it into a new thread and that could be stickied.