LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

How Many Dls Are There In The World?

I have often wondered how many AB/DLs exist in the world. My guess is, it's in the tens of thousands.

Here's how I came to that conclusion:

As I write, there are 5,819 members of the chat board. A lot of people who visit the site are lurkers, who never join up. How many lurkers? Well, at the moment, there are 80 people using the site, but only 26 of them have registered. If that's at all typical, then about two-thirds of the users of this site are lurkers. Doing the math, that means that around 18,000 different people have visited this site. It seems safe to assume that most of them are DLs.

Of all DLs on the planet, what proportion of them would have visited this site? My guess is that it would be a pretty big proportion. Most people have internet access these days, and most DLs would have gone hunting around for DL sites at some stage, and would probably have found this one. Let's say it's 1/3 to 1/2 of all DLs.

That brings us to a grand total of around 30,000 to 60,000 DLs in the world.

Any other guesses? :)

I think the number is much higher than that. I suspect your estimate of the percentage of infantilists who've come to this site is much, much too high.

Since hardly anyone is open about it, it's hard to be sure, but my personal guess is that it's on the order of one person in a thousand. That's partly based on some actual data (such as the readership of the old alt.sex.fetish.diapers newsgroup, back when there was arbitron). I also once did some informal surveying based on the membership of DPF, and the percentage of infantilists I knew online who were also DPF members, and got roughly the same answer. And I know that in my own town of 60,000 people, there are ten people who've registered at aby.com... that's one in 6,000 right there, and I'd be surprised if there weren't quite a few more who haven't registered at that site, considering that it's not that well known, and also considering that most of the people who've registered are in the 20-30 age group.

If it's one person in a thousand, that's about 300,000 infantilists in the United States alone. If it's one in two thousand, then there are 150,000. Those seem like pretty realistic guesstimates to me.

• 3 weeks later...

One thing that is worth pointing out is that asking about the total number of diaper lovers in the world is somewhat illegitimate given that diapers - even for infants - are not found everywhere in the world. It would be difficult to form a psychological attachment to something to which one is never really exposed. Although, to be sure, the major disposable diaper manufacturers are doing their best to convince those parts of the world that they would be better off using diapers~ Not that the number of diaper lovers in China or Bangladesh is particularly relevant to one's existence as a diaper lover in the United States or Europe (or Canada!)

You're all pathetically wrong.

The only thing is that males (especially online) terribly outnumber females and are often very impolite.

Very impolite are they? You mean, like calling people pathetically wrong?

:D

The number of unique visitors to this site every day is for me the most telling statistic in this entire thread. I was quite surprised.