LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Finger-nail Biting!

an odd topic on a forum like this i agree but not entirely strange, i recall reading many years ago in a psychological journal at college that there is a correlation between nail biting and infantalism in its base form, not necessarily ab or dl just the concept of regressive behavior, now my question to you fine people is "do any of you bite your finger-nails?"

an odd topic on a forum like this i agree but not entirely strange, i recall reading many years ago in a psychological journal at college that there is a correlation between nail biting and infantalism in its base form, not necessarily ab or dl just the concept of regressive behavior, now my question to you fine people is "do any of you bite your finger-nails?"

I bite em till they bleed...

Yeah, I bite my nails and I absolutely hate that I do. I've done it my entire life. I usually only do it when I'm nervous which has been a lot lately. My pacifier really comes in handy because I can't have a pacifier and my finger in my mouth at the same time. :P (Well.. I could... it's just that I wouldn't bother putting the pacifier in my mouth in that case, lol)

Yeah, I bite my nails and I absolutely hate that I do. I've done it my entire life. I usually only do it when I'm nervous which has been a lot lately. My pacifier really comes in handy because I can't have a pacifier and my finger in my mouth at the same time. :P (Well.. I could... it's just that I wouldn't bother putting the pacifier in my mouth in that case, lol)

I've found that if you bite your thumbnail, it doesn't scratch your tongue so much when you suck it.

Cuddles

--heidilynn ;)

I also have done it all my life. I catch myself doing it. But can't seem to stop. I have them just short of bleeding. I wish I could quit. I never thought people would notice so much, but they do.

My grandmother used to put everything under the sun on them to get me to quit (Vicks, and the like) I think it's more of a nervous habit. I notice I do it during a movie or during some stressfull times.

Not sure if it plays out as a AB thing but if so whatever. :P

Yup. I have for as long as I can remember, but then again, I learnt it from my mum. She's an avid reader and bites her nails while reading. Also, as a result of fungus, she's had all her toenails and the fingernails from one of her hands, surgically removed.

Here's mine. Note the wide knucks -- Who knows what those are an indicator of? (Hint: It's NOT arthritis, though I have a bit of that, too.)

IMAGE_00170.jpg

That look familiar?

I bite my nails...and my lip...and chew on my fingers...and plastic (pen caps, dental flossers, etc), pencils...so yeah, lol.

I also use my binky a lot for sucking, but I prefer something else to bite.

I'm an AB... maybe (at least in the case of AB's) it's a sucking/biting reflex thing that some of us never outgrew? Just my thoughts...

~C.J.

I bite my nails when i'm really stressed out, so I mostly do it at work. I had back surgery (what a nightmare) several weeks ago and thus been out of work, so my nails have grown back. My mom had come over for a visit and commented that my nails were long, something that she hadnt seen in awhile. I had to remind her that work=stress, and stress=nail biting.

I must confess that I will chew and destroy pens, pencils, the antenna on my cell phone, you name it. It's really not good either, as my teeth have very heavy wear for my age (i'm sure grinding them dosent help, either). I chew ice cubes, talk about bad for your teeth. I have always had an "oral fixation" and sucked my thumb till I was 12. Today I use a pacifier, something I started doing several years ago, and I must say that it gives me the most relaxed feeling. Too bad I cant do it at work, i'm sure my fingers would thank me :).

I do so, but only for utilitarian purposes. If I notice a fingernail is long, I usually bite it. Seems better than waiting until I forget to trim them with a clipper.

I bite them. I've always viewed nail biting as a natural way of clipping your nails. In nature we wouldn't have had nail clippers would we? Im probably wrong on this but too many people do it for it to "just be a nervous tick".

ive been eating my fingers since elementary school .. the side .. and the skin around the nails where they start to grow .. and the nails themselves of course...

i had it hard in and somewhat i'd feel better when i'd hurt myself that way.. what some people might know as self injure ..

but yea i do have crazy oral fixations

I've always been a nail biter. I can't think of the last time I used anything else to trim my nails. In the course of learning to play classical guitar I had to let some of the nails on my right hand grow out, and it drove me nuts. I had to make a conscious effort not to bite them off, and finally couldn't take it anymore. (nothing wrong with playing with a pick on a steel string from time to time.)

In addition to some others, I've also always had a bit of an oral fixation. I crunch ice, chew on pens, pencils, and just about anything I can. It's actually a bit of a problematic impulse, as the general world isn't particularly impressed by someone who chooses to put just about anything/everything into their mouth. Regardless, I've always been that way, and I've been chastised for it a time or two by others who consider it in bad form, but those are rare, I think more than likely most people consider it in bad form but just don't say anything. ;-)

It would be interesting to know if there is a correlation between infantilism and nail biting. I can see there being one as Freud's early stages of development do involve an oral fixation phase prior to the anal phase. I could see ABs having a residitual ties to their oral fixation stage, (pre-potty training, more infantile stage) and DLs better relating to the psychology associated on the cusp of transitioning from diapers to big boy underpants during the anal phase.

But the moment you start going too far down the theories of psychotherapy, you start to question your own sanity... and do those around you. :rolleyes:

--Lex