LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

How do you keep the tapes tight for a tight snug fit, throughout the night or day. It always seems afer prolonged wear that the diaper gets looser, and im not talking about it being used. For example the other night i wore a bambino and i taped it up tight and snug and when i woke up in the morning it had become looser.

• 2 weeks later...

I've also heard that making your own "Landing Zone" for the tapes works well. This is accomplished by taking clear packing tape and running it over the front of the diaper where the tapes will go. then you tape the tapes to the packing tape and viola! you can then readjust the tapes as much as you like!

I have been very happy with the bambino tapes however the new cover material they are using is lighter weight and streatches more than their older ones.

I wish that abena and attends would get together and devolop something. Attends has the market cornered on tape design. They just flat stick! Abena's pop off all of the time. As a matter of fact sometimes I have dificulty getting them to stay put the first time around.

To fix the problem I use some packing tape to go over the existing tapes and they seem to hold. It sucks doing that but if I used attends I would go through 4 or 5 a day vs my 1 or 2 abena's per day.

For some reason I have never had a problem with tapes on abenas not sticking or coming off, and I go thru 3 cases a month. Have for the past 5 years. Of course I always wear a bodysuit with it, or a blanketsleeper at night. Maybe I have just been lucky.

• 3 weeks later...

I recently bought some abena x-plus and I have to say I am getting really frustrated with the tapes. They keeping coming lose like the adehesion on them just doesn't work anymore. I don't like the idea of buying a bag of diapers that wont even stay on unless I duct tape them.

are these the regular old abenas, or the airplus that most places seem to only want to cary anymore?

The old style keeps going on back order on me, and the new style, has a half adhesive/velcro type tape that I have had problems with staying. Still to this day I have not had a problem with the old style coming undone. Which is why i have been getting flustered and wanting to email edmonds to complain about the local distro, and thier inability to stock the old style in sufficient quantity. This has been almost 6 months in a row that they have been going BO on them.

Yea, the diaper stretches (one of plastic's most usable features), and so after prolonged use it won't stay up on it's own, wet or dry. I wear abena x-plus's and I think it's worse with them since it's like that RIGHT after you tape them up. I rarely had that problem with the Bambinos though. And as for getting tape to stick ...use super glue (it will either keep the tape holding or it will rip the plastic backing due to unrelieveable stress on the plastic...which sucks.).

• 3 weeks later...

I jus' noticed dat da tabs on my diapie are coming undone one at a time, and dere's only 4 of em. I've been wearin' dis diapie for 8 hours now, an' have wet in it a few times, yet no leaks. Are dese tabs jus' worn out from the day? Is dere a way to reinforce dem to make it so dey don't come undone? Staples seem to work until the tab rips off completely, and they're a bit uncomfortable. Masking or duct tape sounds like it would be more uncomfortable if it were to catch some hairs.

Hey I have that problem alot, I always wear plastic pants and the condesation from just activity, causes my tapes to loosen up and pop off.

So when I diaper I put a about 2" to 3" peice of duct tape, just over the tapes, this works great, I rearly have a tape come loose now... Good luck ....B

Hey I have that problem alot, I always wear plastic pants and the condesation from just activity, causes my tapes to loosen up and pop off.

So when I diaper I put a about 2" to 3" peice of duct tape, just over the tapes, this works great, I rearly have a tape come loose now... Good luck ....B

I don't haff any duct tape....does masking tape work?

What kind of Diapys do you have? Doesn't matter greatly but i've found that the best way to making sure that the tabs hold good is taking an extra couple seconds when you are putting it on. Make sure that the area that you are putting the sticky tab onto (aka the landing zone) is smoothed out. That usually keeps the tabs in place for me with no worries of my diapy falling off.

What kind of Diapys do you have? Doesn't matter greatly but i've found that the best way to making sure that the tabs hold good is taking an extra couple seconds when you are putting it on. Make sure that the area that you are putting the sticky tab onto (aka the landing zone) is smoothed out. That usually keeps the tabs in place for me with no worries of my diapy falling off.

Sometimes the tab folds a little, and I try to straighten it, but it's too stuck, an' if I try to unstick it, it takes plastic wiff it... So, sometimes when it's weally bad, I take my stapler and staple it....dat normally holds it until I'm ready to change.

Plastic-backed Abena X-pluses are my primary diaper, and I've never really had a problem with the tapes. I use two tricks - first, when I apply the tape, I rub vigorously over it, enough to generate some friction, and therefore a little heat. I read somewhere that this can help warm up the adhesive, creating a stronger bond. It *does* seem to work this way for me.

Second, if I take the diaper off before using it (for shame, I know), I carefully fold the tabs back up on themselves (as they come before you apply them), and then when I go to put it on again, I always apply the white secondary tapes right on top of the blue tapes. I find that the white ones don't stick well to the plastic on the diaper, but if you put them back on the tapes, it's almost as strong as it was to start.

• 3 weeks later...

I have been very happy with the bambino tapes however the new cover material they are using is lighter weight and streatches more than their older ones.

I wish that abena and attends would get together and devolop something. Attends has the market cornered on tape design. They just flat stick! Abena's pop off all of the time. As a matter of fact sometimes I have dificulty getting them to stay put the first time around.

To fix the problem I use some packing tape to go over the existing tapes and they seem to hold. It sucks doing that but if I used attends I would go through 4 or 5 a day vs my 1 or 2 abena's per day.

The absolute BEST tapes I've ever encountered on an adult brief were the Tena's. Bar None. Tena Ultra, I think they are... Cloth backed.