LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Buyer beware on Bambino's BOGO sale

I couldn't find the T&C anywhere on the site and it will always discount the cheaper case. No big deal if you select 2 diaper cases where the difference is a couple bucks but it was a huge amount when I tried to add some boosters to my order. Only reason I noticed it was me being anal about it.

• Like 2

That's a bit unfortunate for your plans but honestly, that sounds like standard business practice. I'm not aware of any company for any product or service that will discount the higher cost item/service. The order of selection doesn't matter.

• Like 3

Companies always discount the cheaper item or they would get absolutely ripped off by customers during these types of sales. Saying buy beware in the title implies they are doing something underhanded when what you've described is simple and a very commonly used and logical sales approach.

• Thanks 2

Thats more or less standard. If you read the small print, in most cases they will say equil or lower priced item will be the discounted item. Else someone would go to the grocery store with that sorta sale, buy a 10 cent bit of candy, and expect to get a 50 dollar steak for free

• Like 2
1 hour ago, ValentinesStuff said:

I think @DAQordered 2 cases of diapers, and added the much cheaper boosters as a third item. The computer then applied the discount to the boosters, not the second case of diapers.

Yeah, the way to do that is order two cases of diapers, get the discount, then check out and finalize the order. THEN go back in, and order 1 case of boosters, (or two cases of boosters, to get a discount..) as a separate order. 

• Like 3

As someone who has been responsible for programming and configuring discount systems for ecommerce, I have to say I am mildly sympathetic to them.

That said, most people would expect the second item to be the same "thing" - i.e. diapers and not boosters.

• Like 1
24 minutes ago, Diapered Dave said:

Yeah, the way to do that is order two cases of diapers, get the discount, then check out and finalize the order. THEN go back in, and order 1 case of boosters, (or two cases of boosters, to get a discount..) as a separate order. 

Dave has it exactly right.  I do a lot of business with Bambino, and have learned how to use ACCOUNT to avoid dealing with Shop.  Roughly a third of the time, the discount fails to come up, so I cancel the order and start from scratch.  Works every time.  Now, I wish I knew how to use the coded coupons they send me with each order, and the points that I've been accumulating over time.  Like every other company out there, Bambino assumes a level of tech awareness on the part of its customers that I cannot meet.

• Like 2
8 hours ago, Alyeskabird said:

Thats more or less standard. If you read the small print, in most cases they will say equil or lower priced item will be the discounted item. Else someone would go to the grocery store with that sorta sale, buy a 10 cent bit of candy, and expect to get a 50 dollar steak for free

I am frankly not upset about the discount or the way it works. I am upset that it was not stated. There was no small print to read. I wasn't mad that the diapers weren't discounted after buying boosters. I added 2 cases of diapers and 2 cases of boosters and both the cases of boosters were discounted. That is when I had to go look up what the T&C were and couldn't find them anywhere.

• Like 1

Yah you gotta remember that the seller is going to do what they can to make money. With a bogo you gotta pay attention. Its also how the computer systems are set up to work it out, they discount the lowist priced item, no concern with what it is. A lot of the electronic transactions there is no person that looks at it, no one that can question it. Just a computer that looks at numbers and thats it. WHen your in person, the clerk can plug it in and make it work right. The computer does not care, it only looks at the numbers. Thus you kinda need to be carefull about how you order stuff online.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1