LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Adult diaper spa raises stink in Atkinson, NH

TKINSON — A new "Diaper Spa" and bed and breakfast that invites adults to wear diapers in a nursery-like atmosphere while engaging in services described as therapeutic is drawing concern from residents of the quiet community.

The Diaper Spa, at 23 Pope Road, is advertised as a “physician run diaper salon” and serves “all diaper-wearing individuals who seek acceptance, respite, and care,” according to its website.

A business filing with the New Hampshire Secretary of State's office was rejected. The same filing shows spa owner Colleen Ann Murphy created the business in December 2023 and it's categorized by the state as a health care and social assistance business.

Atkinson police Chief Tim Crowley said the business may already be operating. Crowley said he believes its owner is in the process of applying for, or has already applied for, a business license with the town.

Town Administrator John Apple could not confirm if the business has submitted an application to the town. He could not provide further comment.

Messages for Murphy were not immediately returned.

At the time of publication of this story, The Eagle-Tribune was unable to get a copy of their application, if it had been filed.

Advertised services at The Diaper Spa include a free 30-minute call with the "resident Diaper Doctor, Doc Murphy" to connect to discuss services and "a spa-like nursery experience for the little one inside of you, providing a warm, safe, and nurturing environment while you indulge in relaxation," for $350 per hour.

Virtual and Zoom playdates for "personalized care and interactive sessions from the comfort of your own home" are $200 per hour. A live telephone "call with doc" is $150 hourly, and texting with her is $100 per hour, according to the spa website.

More expensive services range from $500 per hour to $1,700 for a 24-hour "Diaper B & B," according to the website.

Atkinson police have already received calls from worried residents about the business.

“There are a lot of concerns and we are still learning about it,” Crowley said.

Crowley described the neighborhood near Pope Road as largely residential and in the vicinity of senior-living apartments, a 55-plus residential community, and single-family homes.

“It's a very nice neighborhood,” he said.

The house at 23 Pope Road is a four-bedroom, four-bath home measuring just under 6,000 square feet. It last sold Oct. 24, 2022, for $1.25 million, according to assessing records.

While the business is unusual for a quiet town, there are no violations of law at this time, Crowley said after looking at its website and services provided.

Crowley said he hasn't had the chance to speak with the business owner and is unaware if anyone else in town is in conversations with the owner.

The Diaper Spa is also located a half mile away from Woodlock Park.

Residents voiced their concerns on social media about The Diaper Spa's public activities and its proximity to the park and adjacent trails frequented by families with their children.

On the website, The Diaper Spa lists access to trails in the area as an amenity.

“We have a trail practically from the backyard leading along a pond and a private walk to a fun park all year,” according to the website.

Among concerned residents is Kayla Gallagher, a mother of three children.

She heard about the spa through some neighbors, describing it as a sexual fetish business.

For her, she's concerned about “field trips” to the local playground, which are advertised on the spa's website.

“That is something that I will never be willing to expose my kids to, so now we will no longer be able to use that park,” Gallagher said.

The park is a safe place for her to watch her children play and she doesn't want that taken away, she added.

The owner, Murphy, is listed as a "doctor of medicine" who is a "board certified diplomate and certified sexologist" by the American Board of Sexology, according to the group's website.

"The American Board of Sexology is an association that provides professional standards and guidelines to the sexology community. It certifies practitioners that meet the requirements of a sexology certification training program," according to the website.

On LinkedIn, a social media site where individuals compile job histories, credentials and education backgrounds, Murphy said she is a "independent artist, creative collaborator, integrative medical physician, intimacy and relationship coach, sex therapist."

Gallagher said Murphy's online artistic presence has her worried, with images of children and the idea of some of The Diaper Spa's offered services.

One service is listed as a “playdate with a little,” she added. Gallagher wants clarification on the term “little.”

“Our children are being exploited these days,” Gallagher said.

“Children should not be around any sexual material. Their brains are not happening and is that happening? That worries me.”

Murphy was a hospitalist physician at Waldo County General Hospital in Maine from January 2016 until January 2023, according to LinkedIn.

A "C Murphy of Atkinson, N.H." is also listed in a directory on the psychologytoday.com website.

"I am a LGBQTIA+, Kink+, Sex+ therapist. I specialize in helping those walking their own path including consensual non-monogamous relationships (such as polyamorous, open relationships, swingers, etc.), LGBTQ+, KINK, BDSM, sex/erotic workers," according to the psychologytoday.com listing.

"I enjoy helping people find their own voice. I love to support people as they strengthen their sense of identity, explore boundaries, and learn consent. Resolving trauma, grief, or shame can be an extremely important part of our work process. Whatever you choose for us to actively work on together improves your interpersonal relationships and every other aspect. I want to empower you to embrace your entire potential. We can do this together. I am waiting for you. I have sliding scale fees to make this your reality. You feel the bond. Let’s make this happen," according to the listing

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
12 hours ago, Baby 991 said:

Damn that's expensive.

ABDL NURSERY SPA CARE

1 hr |$300

A spa-like nursery experience for the little one inside of you, providing a warm, safe, and nurturing environment while you indulge in relaxation and self-care. Minimum session 2 hours please.

And it's only $1500 for 24 hr.

15 hours ago, ValentinesStuff said:

while you indulge in relaxation and self-care. Minimum session 2 hours please.

Self-care?  

On 1/28/2024 at 12:14 PM, DailyDi said:

At the time of publication of this story, The Eagle-Tribune was unable to get a copy of their application, if it had been filed.

I spent 23 years on my city's Planning & Zoning Commission in Minnesota.  New Hampshire may do it a bit differently, but this is what I would expect.

1) Apply for a business license and tax ID number from the state (rejected, according to this post)

2) Make a fee based application for a Special Use Permit from the city.  At this point, the owner will probably be informed that the business is a non-conforming C-I entity that would require a variance to be located in an R-1 zone.

3) Municipal building inspector would visit the property to determine whether it is in conformity with code, or needs to be updated.  I would expect a major improvement for the driveway-- businesses that have customers on the premises are required by statute to lay out striped parking on the basis of a per square foot formula (about 6,000 in this case), with wider stalls for the handicapped (ADA requirement).  If they will be serving food, the inspector will evaluate the premises against commercial standards.  A good analogy would be operating a day care center out of the home.  With overnight guests, the inspector will pay especial attention to ease of access and egress, especially on the basement and attic levels.

4) Referred to the Variance Committee for a public hearing.  Legislatures throughout the US take a dim view of variances.  Communities are expected to revisit their codes, and do so frequently.  Whether the vote is aye or nay, the finding of the Committee is forwarded to Planning & Zoning.

5) Planning & Zoning review of proposal at public hearing.  This is where commissioners review the finished package from the applicant and the Committee.  Commissioners usually dive into the details.  For example, I would require a  6 foot solid fence to surround the back and side yards, and blackout curtains across the front of the house to be kept closed at all times.  We really do go into detail, doing the heavy lifting for a City Council that needs to focus on management and budget issues. 

6) In my experience, the Council is pretty much a rubber stamp, which dives into the details only when specific problems in the application remain unaddressed as we forward it with our own aye or nay recommendation.  Landscaping and lighting plans, for example, are often a work in progress, the details of which are often and cheerfully deferred to the City Engineer.

It is an exacting process, and it is hard to tell how this application would fare without a great deal more information.  In the normal order of things, much would depend on whether the community has already granted variances for other businesses such as in-home day care centers.    

• Like 1
On 1/30/2024 at 3:52 PM, Baby 991 said:

From their pictures, it looks like their nurseries could use some work.

Was going to say this. A lot of greys for an AB kink. How about some color? 

I find the choice of location to be a bit odd. They basically picked a small town, which means A) low customer base, and long trek for other customers B ) People in the town will pretty well always know what you are there for, and C) from the looks of it, a conservative mindset in the locals which isn't faring well.

I'd think going either with a large city, or alternatively completely rural and forested for privacy, would have worked better.

Still, its nice to see these things are becoming more common, even if its sad they cause so much anger.

• Thanks 1
On 2/1/2024 at 5:40 PM, Moochie said:

"A rose by any other name should smell so sweet." 

Not sure if this place would smell "sweet" given their goals